Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

quick question

Well im deciding to make a pvp mage so whenever im bored on my rogue or doing nothing i can use it for fun.
my question is wich is better for pvp? Fire or ice mages? All i know so far is that iceshards is Op but has long recast.
please tell me what are normal skill prices on fire and ice skills, TY.
AchillezX
Level 140 rogue
I Love My Morrigan Haters :P(you know who you all are, hurts doesnt it?)

Re: quick question

If your going for the luxed out lvl 5 then put your points in ice shards and just run around with lux shield and stave of tempest or something.
Ty for your advice, im hopefuly gonna try to level it to atleast level 50 and buy a fire or ice trident.
AchillezX
Level 140 rogue
I Love My Morrigan Haters :P(you know who you all are, hurts doesnt it?)

If your going for the luxed out lvl 5 then put your points in ice shards and just run around with lux shield and stave of tempest or something.
Ty for your advice, im hopefuly gonna try to level it to atleast level 50 and buy a fire or ice trident.
If you're going to try lvl50 get a shield with the evasions and then ATTUNE RINGS since attune helps both spells and not just one! :D Also a focus crown and any other necessities!
c r o m
MageYouCry Lvl88+
-I kind of have a 152 rogue but I'm lazy lol.-
Shh, I'm sleeping.

Well im deciding to make a pvp mage so whenever im bored on my rogue or doing nothing i can use it for fun.
my question is wich is better for pvp? Fire or ice mages? All i know so far is that iceshards is Op but has long recast.
please tell me what are normal skill prices on fire and ice skills, TY.
You're going to want to use an ice magic for this specification;
-gather royal/grand and maybe greater ice attunement rings.
-gather royal iceblast if possible(+3/4 is viable)
-until around 35 it's not worth putting points into attune due to the rings doing their job, try half in ice lure, max in ice shards, max in blast and the rest in energy shield.

Also remember focus is your friend the more focus = more damage and energy to use the skills, so swerve the trident for pvp and go for a master grimmoire for the focus and hp boost.
Mage.

I actually have an undefeated level 65 ice mage that excels in PvP.

My personal suggestion is to put zero points in ice blast. You will only get one hit off in any PvP fight before one person dies.

- Max ice shards and max ice attunement.
- Get +5/+4/+3/+2 ice attunement rings. Equip them before any fight and cast attunement. Switch rings after you have casted.
- Get +5/+4/+3/+2 ice blast rings. Equip them after you have cast your attunement
- Put points into freeze until you can freeze up to the level that you are wanting to PvP
- Split rest of the points into ice lure and eshield. (Mainly lure)

Your skill rotation should look like this:
Ice shards --> Freeze --> Ice lure --> (Wait for freeze almost to end) --> Ice blast --> Ice shards. Assuming nothing evades, they will be dead before the second shards hits them. The second shards is there in case you're up against a tanky character, or if one of your spells evades.

The reason you don't start with ice lure is because you need to get freeze out there as fast as possible. Your main concern is a warrior using shatter and followed by powerful spells, and when you cast shards and then freeze, they can only get shatter off usually which means when they are unfrozen, shatter will end and your armour will be back to normal.

If freeze evades, your best bet is to run after ice blast and wait for ice shards to cool down again.

For stats, I found a 2:3 ratio most effective (2vit:3foc). You won't need that much vit since the enemy will most of the time be frozen, so you won't get hit often. High focus is important for maximum spell effectiveness, yet you don't want to be full focus, in case you do take some hits. So finding a balance is critical.

Hope that helps, good luck.
A mage at heart... Fire mage that is.
Currently actively playing the game.

My personal suggestion is to put zero points in ice blast. You will only get one hit off in any PvP fight before one person dies.

- Get +5/+4/+3/+2 ice attunement rings. Equip them before any fight and cast attunement. Switch rings after you have casted.
- Get +5/+4/+3/+2 ice blast rings. Equip them after you have cast your attunement
- Put points into freeze until you can freeze up to the level that you are wanting to PvP

Ice shards --> Freeze --> Ice lure --> (Wait for freeze almost to end) --> Ice blast --> Ice shards. Assuming nothing evades, they will be dead before the second shards hits them. The second shards is there in case you're up against a tanky character, or if one of your spells evades.

The reason you don't start with ice lure is because you need to get freeze out there as fast as possible. Your main concern is a warrior using shatter and followed by powerful spells, and when you cast shards and then freeze, they can only get shatter off usually which means when they are unfrozen, shatter will end and your armour will be back to normal.

If freeze evades, your best bet is to run after ice blast and wait for ice shards to cool down again.

For stats, I found a 2:3 ratio most effective (2vit:3foc). You won't need that much vit since the enemy will most of the time be frozen, so you won't get hit often. High focus is important for maximum spell effectiveness, yet you don't want to be full focus, in case you do take some hits. So finding a balance is critical.

How to troll when bored lol

Mage ftw

I kind of put this into the extreme by creating a lvl 1 ice mage, it's fun when I one hit my opponent and they go like "wtf" or "you hacker" :3