Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Guide: Knuckleblade rogue-U4

Hello Rogue's of various servers! Before you read the following guide I'd like you to know a few things about myself which might change your perspective on the reliability of this guide (I hope it doesn't alter your opinion too much)

I am a level 132 Knuckleblade rogue that has been playing for just over 2 years now and have essentially created my own build. I adore this build and judge it to be "creative" and "powerful to an extent". It cost me short of 500k to make but is fun to play, outside of the square and turns a few heads.
I'm not a "computer nerd" neither do I know what these equations that people make are but I play to have fun and that is all that matters I suppose.

Now that's out of the way, lets get down to business.

What I want to get out of this build

-For a unused weapon to become more frequently used
-For more people to think outside the square
-For a new build to be published

Introduction to the Knuckleblade Rogue

The knuckleblade is a weapon that uses fist animation and deals the least damage out of all 3 possible rogue weapons. It works well with elemental damage and is a generally skill related weapon. It revolves around the stat of strength (however this guide persuades otherwise). Very few people use it these days (about 10 active players max on the server of Gwydion) and it is considered to be a "useless" or "bad" weapon. I recommend this build from 132+ but can be used at all levels.

Gear

I am putting this element first because it is THE most important part of this guide

Level 1-60.
Armour: Stick with the starter armour.
Main hand: Try to obtain a "cruel knife" or a shoreline dagger-Knuckleblades don't start to appear in shops until 60 so you shall need a pass time weapon
Offhand: Damage brand or battleskewer.
Necklace: Greater twinsoul OR heroic amulet of rejuvenation
Misc: charm of belenus should do
Bracelet 1: Anything one can lay his or her hands on.
Bracelet 2: Anything one can lay his or her hands on.
Ring slot 1: +1-3 skill rings-Read on to find out what skills these should be orientated around
Ring slot 2: +1-3 skill rings-Read on to find out what skills these should be orientated around
Ring slot 3: +1-3 skill rings-Read on to find out what skills these should be orientated around
Ring slot 4: +1-3 skill rings-Read on to find out what skills these should be orientated around

Level 60-100.
Armour: Ancient leather/lamellar whilst collecting warden pieces. level 80 switch to Warden
Main hand: First off, DO NOT BUY FLINT. I cannot express this enough, try to buy up a few of the onyx/obsidian/faerie knuckleblades.
Offhand: Attempt to buy a golden blade of ice or stick with a slightly higher damage brand or battleskewer
Necklace: Heroic amulet of rejuvenation or a galars dexterity/strength necklace.
Misc: As higher misc charm as can be obtained
Bracelet 1: Anything one can lay his or her hands on
Bracelet 2: Anything one can lay his or her hands on
Ring slot 1: +1-3 skill rings-Read on to find out what skills these should be orientated around
Ring slot 2: +1-3 skill rings-Read on to find out what skills these should be orientated around
Ring slot 3 +1-3 skill rings-Read on to find out what skills these should be orientated around
Ring slot 4: +1-3 skill rings-Read on to find out what skills these should be orientated around

Level 100-120.
I'm afraid this is where it gets tough :cry:
Armour: Warden then upgrade to meteoric asap
Main hand: Opal knuckleblades
Offhand: Axe of triumph. I'm afraid this is a necessity. You will find out why in the stat section.
Necklace: Heroic amulet of rejuvenation+
Misc: As higher damage misc as possible
Bracelet 1: Anything one can lay his or her hands on
Bracelet 2: Anything one can lay his or her hands on
Ring slot 1: +4-5 skill rings-Read on to find out what skills these should be orientated around
Ring slot 2: +4-5 skill rings-Read on to find out what skills these should be orientated around
Ring slot 3: +4-5 skill rings-Read on to find out what skills these should be orientated around
Ring slot 4: +4-5 skill rings-Read on to find out what skills these should be orientated around

120-140
Armour: keep meteoric but start collecting onyx/obsidian pieces as you advance through the next 12 levels.
Main hand: Adamant knuckleblades
Keep everything else the same as before

140-160
Armour: keep onyx/obsidian (start to collect frozen pieces)
Main hand: Wyrmbone push dagger
Offhand: Axe of triumph until 150 when you should get Axe of conquest
Bracelet 1: Any Riftskull or aggy bracelet he or she can lay their hands on-Make sure they are strength/dex orientated or orientated around the skills shown later
Bracelet 2: Any Riftskull or aggy bracelet he or she can lay their hands on-Make sure they are strength/dex orientated or orientated around the skills shown later
Keep everything else the same as before but try to advance them further

160+
Armour: start collecting Dragon lord pieces but switch to ancient beastbone
Main hand: Ancient Wyrmbone push dagger
Offhand: Axe of conquest
Keep everything else the same as before but try to advance them further
Stats

When I'm reading a guide, I hate the fact that people post "skill ratios" on a rogue guide. However, seeing as this is a specific build that requires stat manipulation if you will, I will give you a heads up on what your stats should be looking like.

I shall give examples of stats at every 50 levels and then give you a ratio to work with.

At level 50 you should have roughly 240-250 attribute points. This is what it should look like.

Strength-60
Dexterity-60
Focus-10 if regen. If you have no regen then split vitality evenly
Vitality120ish

At level 100 you should have roughly 500 attribute points. this is what it should look like.

Strength-5 (125) nup, I ain't crazy
Dexterity-200
Focus-10, you should have regen by now
Vitality-300, you should have regen by now

At level 150 you should have roughly 750 attribute points. this is what it should look like

Strength-5 (155), I believe that is the bonus Axe of Conquest gives you
Dexterity-300
Focus-10, you should have regen by now
Vitality-450 you should have regen by now

I fear I should not go any further stat wise as I may be giving you false information. Thus, I will now present the stat ratio

Stat ratio-1/2/0/2-Very rough but you should be following Vit being the most, then dex, the str (don't upgrade at 100+) then focus.

So, why such a low strength?

1. Vast majority of skills use dexterity
2. Strength peaks eventually and no matter how much strength you apply, knuckleblades just don't deal that much damage
3. Majority of your gear will be elemental anyways

Skills

Skills, I shall deal out the skills you should use then the layout they should be applied to the HUB in.

Shadowstrike-Primary DPS skill-Poison damage-instant cast-travels
Smoke bomb-Primary strategy skill-Lowers defence-Small cast time-very nice skill IMO
Quickstrike-Secondary DPS skill-H2H orientated-only strength skill included-"free damage"
Poison weapon-Secondary strategic skill-Adds additional poison damage to AUTO attack
Fast reflexes-Bin skill-Raises defence-Combines with smoke bomb to make an op combo-Remaining points in this
Distract-Extra-decreases aggro-NOT TO BE UPGRADED

Layout

SS=Shadowstrike
SB=Smoke bomb
QS=Quickstrike
PW=Poison weapon
FR=Fast reflexes
D=Distract
G=Gap/No skill

SS SB
G G
QS D
PW FR

PVP

Ok... Lets just say this build isn't pvp orientated...

But if you wish to duel then this is perhaps how you should do it

Request :arrow: Buff poison weapon and fast reflexes :arrow: Duel start :arrow: Smoke bomb :arrow: Shadowstrike :arrow: Quickstrike :arrow: Auto :arrow: Shadowstrike

Depending on the opponent you may have been mauled before you even cast Shadowstrike :lol:

Conclusion

Thank you for having the patience to read through this guide, I hope it inspires you to make your own and if you fancy a challenge or something new to satisfy your boredom, this build might be the one for you!

Please comment constructive criticism so I can add to this guide and improve it further!

Good luck!

-CampbellxDPS
-LordCampbell
-RipEmCampbell
-Meditation

:mrgreen:
Last edited by JxOxCampbell on Fri Aug 22, 2014 12:20 am, edited 2 times in total.
Snakes, Snakes Everywhere

Re: Guide to the knuckleblade rogue #2

I kinda like it, but wouldn't have ing a gold venom dagger be ok? They have poison dmg, and regen.... Why not fire or magic?
"Don't quote me boy cause I ain't said sh*t "

Me and my brothers are lads and you can get free lad points. FIFA 16 is rubbish boo.

FALCAO BALOTELLI= Falcaotelli= BEST.

Send me gold so I can buy 5% mounts. Mail Nub Main on Rhiannon

I kinda like it, but wouldn't have ing a gold venom dagger be ok? They have poison dmg, and regen.... Why not fire or magic?
In total, a venom dagger would do less damage than an elemental weapon because the venom dagger relies on strength and this build is primarily reliant on strength :)

Hope that awnsered your question :)
Snakes, Snakes Everywhere

The guide is very informative, i think u should mention that the gear before dl should be something like:
Helm : Ancient beastbone helm (300 ss dmg)
Gloves : Ancient beastbone gloves (350 qs dmg)

Rest will be obsidian for poison dmg, without sneaky those pieces are both great, but if u want energy, use full beastbone
#NerfMages #AvoidBalance #WhyPlayARogue #MeatShieldOnly #HealingSlavesOnly

OP dps warrior on Belenus, hot af melee druid on Nuada. #Elementals #Apex

Nice guide.
Strength-5 (185), I believe that is the bonus Axe of Conquest gives you
The Axe of Conquest adds 150 strength, not 180, so it would be: 5 (155)
Clan: WolfGang
Chaz - Level 185+ Ranger - Full DL
Inferno19 - Level 127+ Mage
Sneakystrike - Level 195+ Rogue - Full DL
EpIcHeaLzz - Level 137+ Druid
Tankerzz - Level 127+ Warrior (PvP Beast: Invincible Veteran)

World: Mabon

I too have mainly played knucks on my rogue. He's lvl 165, wears combo of obsidian and anchient beastbone. Sometimes full anchient for the armor and evasions, sometimes full obsidian for the poison.
I likes the skills:
Shadow maxed,
Rip maxed (mainly because i solo play)
Quick maxed
Fast reflex maxed
Lifesteal has the rest of points.
I've mostly kept my vit set at twice my lvl, strength is set so all bonuses put it to 300, and the rest to dex. Being mainly solo, i discovered the str at 300 helps kill quicker and keeps me going longer.
I did discover a dagger does a faster kill overall, but the knucks are just simply funner to play with. And even at 165, its fun to put on the cruel knife to get a good lol out of it. :-)

its a shame knucks are useless next to dl dagger/mord spears
Hopefully Knucks get to shine in next expansion, because they will only get faster :lol:
i doubt they will get much faster, they are the fastest now its just the much lower damage and lack of skill use
pigman, with the fury of the pigs and the mind of a man
level 210+ rogue
Morrigan
Avalon
put your pants on, we're going out