Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Strength isn't doing what you thought-A guide for below 180

Disclaimer: This is not a guide for max dps and bossing, but more for mid level rogues to level and boss efficiently without spending loads on Plat items.

The inspiration for this guide was an argument with my clan that I had this evening. I discovered how many rogues think packing as much strength as possible will give you insane dps, and therefore leveling insanely fast and doing insane dmg on bosses. I tried to explain why this doesn't work to them, but as usual, the advice of a level 146 rogue is often ignored, no matter how much I know about the game (sorry if I sound conceited hehe). So I decided to make a bit of a "guide" to explain why dps and leveling doesn't come solely from strength and why I believe it is the second least important stat (please don't start an argument in the comments, read the rest to find out what I mean) . I hope you listen to me even though I'm only 146 and at least consider what I have to say. I've played this game for a very long time :) I just have never bought Plat and so I haven't leveled too much lol

These will be my stats when I hit 150(including bonuses)
Strength: 300
Dexterity: 500
Focus: 60 (only because of the Sunshard ammy)
Vitality: 490

This will drop me off at 3.5 hp (about)
1k dmg (not including my Sunshard ammy skill)
3k attack
2k defense (with reflexes)
450 Armor (maybe a bit less, not sure)

Now the big question... WHY?
Yes, this is a solo build, but I can still manage to outdps 160 rogues on bosses at level 146.

OK lemme explain the build. 300 strength. Why not more? Because without having huge amounts of pierce dmg, strength plateaus at 300-400 as many know. Also I would add more for skills but I find that dex adds more dps if you are adding it for skills.

Next, 500 dex. Why? Dex is constant, there is no plateau, no end (please quote that someone lol). This is the most controversial part but let me explain myself. So, you have Shadowstrike, Lifesteal, and Reflexes that are all in pretty much every leveling build and ss is still needed in pure dps builds (I'm assuming that you are leveling if you still aren't 180, and even if not, ss and pw are both dex based). Now you might say that Reflexes and Lifesteal aren't dps skills, as many strength rogues say. The thing is, if you are laying on the ground dead and waiting for a timer because you can't evade an auto from a bolased boss or heal yourself after an AoE, then you are losing almost all of your dps. If you are waiting for a timer when you are leveling, you are wasting a minute or 2 of your Elix, meaning that you can't level as "insanely fast" as you thought. Dex is maximizing your dps and survivability, all at once.

Finally, Vitality. Why so much? I have found that when leveling and bossing, not all damage is autos (obviously) so your Reflexes doesn't help as much as you wanted. Even then, Lifesteal's recast is long enough that you have to take some hits to be able to cast it again. This is when the Vitality kicks in. You should be evading 90% of the autos with all this dex and Reflexes, that you shouldn't lose much more hp till the next skill hit comes.

To sum this all up, your strength is only increasing dps(and barely if you have lot), vitality is only increasing survivability, and dex is doing them both at once.

Now you might be wondering how I have so many stat points. This is because of my axe, Sunshard ammy, Commraks Charm, and 2 Commraks rings. I have no aggy braces hahaha.

This kind of Lux may seem hard to get for a 150 but really it's not. A combo of Plat offers (they're broken for me now lol so I can't keep doing them), farming, killing mini bosses and met bosses, and hosting dice (your bound to win some money if you have a 60% chance to win. I made tons through this but I'm lucky lol) can easily give you these items. I get the commraks items because I am in a good clan.

I hope you enjoyed my discussion of stats. I'm not saying that this is the best build, I only used as it as an example to demonstrate the importance of different stats.

I hope you don't ignore my lvl 146 advice, and please add constructively in the comments, not hate.

Thanks for reading!
Last edited by UrMerGurdDanu on Tue Jul 08, 2014 2:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
UrMerGurd level 151 rogue and counting!
Phe0nix level 65 mage
Proud member of Ascension Danu:)

Re: Strength isn't doing what you thought-A guide for below

I prefer strength because I find that on a combo I can just pop a few restos every now and then and do just fine. I use 4 str skills and 1 dex skill: qs, ss, sneaky, and riposte with extras in rend. :)
I'd like to ask you, how much do you spend on restos per level? I spend 0 gold on restos or idols and get what's considered awesome lixes for my level
Phe0nix level 65 mage

I prefer strength because I find that on a combo I can just pop a few restos every now and then and do just fine. I use 4 str skills and 1 dex skill: qs, ss, sneaky, and riposte with extras in rend. :)
I'd like to ask you, how much do you spend on restos per level? I spend 0 gold on restos or idols and get what's considered awesome lixes for my level
I think the most I've used is like 5 restos in a lix. That's 1k at the most. My leveling is quicker than it was when I used dex build, so it actually saves money and time for me. Lvl 161 and getting roughly 2 bars per lix solo
SilentDagger
Level 172 Rogue
Rhiannon

I think the most I've used is like 5 restos in a lix. That's 1k at the most. My leveling is quicker than it was when I used dex build, so it actually saves money and time for me. Lvl 161 and getting roughly 2 bars per lix solo
Now dex isn't the best in all scenarios. But, if your say spending 6k per level on restos, every 2 levels you could be getting 3 more lixes. I'm not sure how this would work with your stats, gear, etc.
Phe0nix level 65 mage

I would argue that id you have the funds to pump it all into str for the skill hits that it is the better dps build. That is if you are able to and willing to spend on hundred of pots and always level on combos or heroic rainbows
this post was designed for nonplat buyers like me, and as I said low lvl. Yes if you buy Plat or are just bossing then it is best for max out strength but that was not the idea
Phe0nix level 65 mage

I would argue that id you have the funds to pump it all into str for the skill hits that it is the better dps build. That is if you are able to and willing to spend on hundred of pots and always level on combos or heroic rainbows
this post was designed for nonplat buyers like me, and as I said low lvl. Yes if you buy Plat or are just bossing then it is best for max out strength but that was not the idea
fair enough, will add to sticky
pigman, with the fury of the pigs and the mind of a man
level 210+ rogue
Morrigan
Avalon
put your pants on, we're going out