Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Re: PvP Guide: The Obsidian Ranger

Edit the guide to: stand there to be demolished by every class in 3 seconds.
New attack sequence is:
1. Cast all buffs (steady aim, sharpen weapons, sunshard supremacy, sunshard fury, reaper's touch)
2. Double shot with obsidian bow (takes only 1.2 seconds)
3. Quickly switch to secondary weapon, cast rapid shot, and auto attack

Seems like an obsidian ranger using this build could easily demolish every class (except full tank warriors maybe).

By the way, look at these stats for a fully geared level 100 obsidian ranger:
Health: 2000
Primary Auto Damage: 1979 (2229 with Sunshard Fury and Reaper's Touch)
Secondary Auto Damage: 989 (1239 with Sunshard Fury and Reaper's Touch)
Secondary Attack: 3076 (3996 with Sunshard Supremacy)

Yes, it requires a ton of expensive equipment, but look at that 2k health, 2k+ obsidian damage, and 4k attack. Too overpowered…

I'd say that this fully geared (radiant earthstone, sunshard ammy, etc) level 100 obsidian ranger could beat any fully geared level 100 rogue.

Edit the guide to: stand there to be demolished by every class in 3 seconds.
New attack sequence is:
1. Cast all buffs (steady aim, sharpen weapons, sunshard supremacy, sunshard fury, reaper's touch)
2. Double shot with obsidian bow (takes only 1.2 seconds)
3. Quickly switch to secondary weapon, cast rapid shot, and auto attack

Seems like an obsidian ranger using this build could easily demolish every class (except full tank warriors maybe).

By the way, look at these stats for a fully geared level 100 obsidian ranger:
Health: 2000
Primary Auto Damage: 1979 (2229 with Sunshard Fury and Reaper's Touch)
Secondary Auto Damage: 989 (1239 with Sunshard Fury and Reaper's Touch)
Secondary Attack: 3076 (3996 with Sunshard Supremacy)

Yes, it requires a ton of expensive equipment, but look at that 2k health, 2k+ obsidian damage, and 4k attack. Too overpowered…

I'd say that this fully geared (radiant earthstone, sunshard ammy, etc) level 100 obsidian ranger could beat any fully geared level 100 rogue.
Meh. Possibly. With an obsidian bow, you can easily hit over 2k with double shot, so with all these buffs, it's possible you can kill a rogue in about 1 hit. :D
SULIS

CandyRanger
CandyRogue
and etc...

Clansman of Transcendent :D

That ranger would be dead before he blinked , what's his armor ?

Ya gotta test stuff before you advise others to adjust their play style
This build sacrifices armor for damage.

Level 100 obsidian ranger has 2k health and 2200 auto damage, so (up to) 4k double shot. Unless the rogue has quite a bit of vitality, you can pretty much guarantee a one-hit kill (from double shot).

I have tested double shot cast time. It takes 1.2 seconds, regardless of how slow your weapon is.

Can a level 100 fully geared rogue eat through 2k damage in 1.2 seconds? I highly doubt it. Of course, the ranger must take anti-sneaky precautions, which should be 100% doable (I do it all the time).

Ok, so here's my input;

My ranger is not even 150 yet and Is not my first class choice, however for PvP I found this to be brilliant in the arena.
My gear for this
-golden helm of blood lust
-radiant bp
- greater legs
- lesser boots
- greater gloves

Jewellery;
- spectral talisman
- 60 magic dmg charm
- 8 slash dmg brace
- 25 energy regen bracelet with 5% to prevent spell dmg
- 45 firefang ring
- 40 magic dmg ring
- spectral ring of the reaper
- spectral ring of the huntsman

Here is the overal stats for these items:
And here's a picture because... Why not
What I did in the arena was shoot a longshot with the obsidian bow, then follow it up with a barbed shot(maxed) then activated the huntsman ring and run towards the arena doors. I was able to outrun and survive nearly every attack. Sometimes a tank would be able to endure the shots and the barbs, to counter this I got out my wvyrm one bow and used rapid shot to deal more dmg then I would run off.

Overall this is my tactic for a ranger, shamefully it's not the most gutsy but by god it gives brilliant pvp xp.
Mage.