Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Old Charms, New Engine

I notice in videos from the android players that the flamebringers have a radically different appearance. I bought my flamebringer charm because I liked the looks of it, especially the blue war paint. So I got to thinking, will all of the mob charms change their looks to be like the mobs in the new engine? I would really hope that the charms we bought as fashion, to get a particular look on our characters, would not be changed that significantly even if the mobs themselves do.
Belenus
GARAT level 198 Ice Mage
Started playing at the beginning of Sahmain 2012

The Mage's best weapon is a calculator!

Re: Old Charms, New Engine

The new engine is not going to change the look of anything, it is going to make better graphics and more realistic!
They wont change a lot and it would maybe make the boggans cooler since they are extremly ugly :p
Away from mabon sorry guys!
I am on Morrigan now :)
Natures - druid level 41 - Morrigan
MasterRange - rogue level 145 - Mabon ~Retired~
Looking for leveling partners that are not arachnophobe :)
Pm me ig

The flamebringers, specifically, have red tattoos on their arms, but none of the blue paint that is all over the current ones. So it is more than a graphics change. My charm basically looks like someone with blue skin, there's so much war paint. I just hope it stays that way. OTM is having to re-build every mob and piece of fashion, i don't know if the charm just links to the file for the mob, or if it has its own file.
Belenus
GARAT level 198 Ice Mage
Started playing at the beginning of Sahmain 2012

The Mage's best weapon is a calculator!

Should be able to ask for a refund even if you didn't buy from shop if they change things.
A Mage is like a Lamborghini, You don't get one as your first car or daily driver and there are cheaper cars that go faster and are more comfortable anyway.

I notice in videos from the android players that the flamebringers have a radically different appearance. I bought my flamebringer charm because I liked the looks of it, especially the blue war paint. So I got to thinking, will all of the mob charms change their looks to be like the mobs in the new engine? I would really hope that the charms we bought as fashion, to get a particular look on our characters, would not be changed that significantly even if the mobs themselves do.
I think charms would be the least of your worries. Your character's look is going to change too and you have no choice but to accept what OTM gives you.

Even if the charms looks change, I'm sure you'll get over it.

There are two types of people in this world: Those who crave closure

A business is more profitable if they don't gouge and piss off customers.

Other games also have major graphical updates and change many items' looks. Take runescape for example, many people hated the new changes, despite them being an "improvement" . It is just the transition being what the playerbase dislikes, im sure we will all enjoy it once we are immersed in it. And as aileron said, with the "new engine" i hope to see A LOT more than worrying about graphics.
Pdizz
Warrior
Morrigan
Clan Avalon

Comeon guys don't downplay peoples concerns. If OTM wants to keep customers they need to care about what people think.
A Mage is like a Lamborghini, You don't get one as your first car or daily driver and there are cheaper cars that go faster and are more comfortable anyway.