Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Re: Play CH on an Airplane?

Usually you have to pay to connect to the aircarfts wifi service.

If the airline has this service, its linked into the aircrafts entertainment system and only works when the entertainment is switched on during cruising.

You wont be able to play during take off and landing, and if there is an in flight use of the comms system or broadcast you generally lag out.

hope that helps

chop
ChopstikNinja - Regretfully Retired from Celtic Heroes
Highest rank:Top 10 or so across all servers September?? 2014
Dollars Spent: $210?? Give or take $20
World: Crom
Class: Mage
Level: 206+
Senior Publicist, The Dal Riata Enquirer

Going on a trip and they say there is wireless internet on board. Longest leg of the journey is 16 hours. Has anyone ever played Celtic Heroes on a plane? Any hope it would work?
I have played on a plane a few times. I bought the wifi at US$15 for 30 MB of data allowance. typically on a flight time of 8 hours, I can at most play for 4 hours. This is because we can't play until the plane reaches its crusing height and over some territory, the airline has no permission from the country it is flying over to access the satellite link. Also, about an hour before touch down, the wifi is turned off. In terms of connection speed, there is some lag but still playable.

The wifi is not linked to the entertainment system and does not lag out when there is overhead communication from the pilot or air crew. The wifi is a separate system that is linked to the operator's satellite like ground to air communication between the plane and air traffic control is also via satellite links.

Hope this helps.

Thanks for clarifying SmellyUnder

the reason i thought its attached to the entertainment system, coz only worked when the entertainment worked, i guess they switch it on/off at the same time.

I think the comms/broadcast must just screw up the signal to my device or something

:D
ChopstikNinja - Regretfully Retired from Celtic Heroes
Highest rank:Top 10 or so across all servers September?? 2014
Dollars Spent: $210?? Give or take $20
World: Crom
Class: Mage
Level: 206+
Senior Publicist, The Dal Riata Enquirer

Thanks for clarifying SmellyUnder

the reason i thought its attached to the entertainment system, coz only worked when the entertainment worked, i guess they switch it on/off at the same time.

I think the comms/broadcast must just screw up the signal to my device or something

:D
yes, the system is not very stable. Sometimes I had to ask them to reboot to be able to connnect and at times, the system didnt work. There are planes where the entertainment system is on wifi like those that issues you iPad to access entertainment. Qantas is one such operator.