Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Re: Gelebron's Tower Concept

Looks awesome!

A question about the tower: this game has been lacking the ability to create zones that let you walk around in three dimensions. What I mean is that with a tower, there are floors stacked on top of each other, so there are multiple floors. Currently, every zone is flat so you cannot walk over top of another part of the map at a higher elevation, so there are not different levels/floors to any zone. I assume that the tower will have multiple floors, so this is a dramatic change from any existing zone. Is this something that the new engine enables OTM to create?
YouTube | Mystery Chest Simulator | Cooking Guide | Legacy Boss Guide

Please don't make loot that drop in the Tower Bind on Equip. You already know we hate it. Don't exacerbate the problem players are talking about by making more BoE high end items.

There are two types of people in this world: Those who crave closure

A business is more profitable if they don't gouge and piss off customers.

Looks awesome!

A question about the tower: this game has been lacking the ability to create zones that let you walk around in three dimensions. What I mean is that with a tower, there are floors stacked on top of each other, so there are multiple floors. Currently, every zone is flat so you cannot walk over top of another part of the map at a higher elevation, so there are not different levels/floors to any zone. I assume that the tower will have multiple floors, so this is a dramatic change from any existing zone. Is this something that the new engine enables OTM to create?
I can answer this. If they are using stock unity tools there is no way to do this. There may be a way if you customize though I'm not sure.

Celtic heroes is a 2.5d game at the moment.

Can't wait for the new content looks awesome.
Member of Aeon - Taranis - 24 boxer
220+ toons
Ravenleaf druid - Silverstring ranger
Stormsong warrior - Nwerb Mage - Eventide Rogue

Toon histogram:
Level_____|200+|150-199|100-149|50-99|20-49|1-19|
# of toons|_5__|___16___|____3___|__11__|__21_|407|

Looks great, Sauron would be proud. Not trying to be negative, but really hoping since this game takes bits and pieces from other games OTM works on zones where we can work on bosses in groups like we do with the Wyvern daily quests only with better spawn times. One per day, with no stupid camping while waiting for more things to pop up. Sooooo incredibly tired of sitting with having to use one toon camping everything.
Homeworld: Gwydion
Clan: Relentless

Looks great, Sauron would be proud. Not trying to be negative, but really hoping since this game takes bits and pieces from other games OTM works on zones where we can work on bosses in groups like we do with the Wyvern daily quests only with better spawn times. One per day, with no stupid camping while waiting for more things to pop up. Sooooo incredibly tired of sitting with having to use one toon camping everything.
Such is the curse of open world games without dungeon instances. In the old EQ days, when you enter a zone, you shout "Camp check!" and people will respond which mob/spot they are camping so you know which one is free/available. Camping is silly and boring.

When WoW came out, it fixed the problems of camping by introducing zone instances but still had the open world boss where guilds can compete for and still have the mmo community thrive. I think a hybrid model is the best overall, I just dont undertsand why OTM is so against it. There is a reason why EQ came out with instances eventually even though they didnt have it at launch.

There are two types of people in this world: Those who crave closure

A business is more profitable if they don't gouge and piss off customers.