Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

The start of a lure mage

Someone asked for a guide on lure mages, i deffinatly am not the best but here are some general things.

Let us be perfectly clear, you as a lure mage will do no dmg. You are completely reliant on others for: dailies, protection, and anything else. If you love dmg lures are not for you.

However, a good lure mage will always be in demand.

First off, i do not recommend becoming lures until atleast 180. Leveling is impossible once you are lures except dailies which others have to do for you. At 180 you will have skills up to 40pts and if i remember 179 pts to distribute. In order of importance lures are: lure of assassins(pierce),lure of soldiers(slash),lure of magic(well magic ofc), lure of fire, lure of ice, and lastly lure of giants(crush). Why this order you ask? Let me explain there are 2 pierce classes, ranger and rogue. There are 2 slash weapons, sword and axe for warrior. Magic is a druids best friend and will make a dangerous druid even more deadly. Fire and ice, these place 4th and 5th as most other mages will have max lure for themselves in whichever spec they choose. Lastly giants lure, in all honesty i do not put any points in this lure. The only weapon that crushes is hammer, mage dl wand, and totems and really the last two dont matter of my lure is maxed the dmg will still stink.

And now the fun part, stats and gear etc

Stats wise, you will not be in the forefront of battle and i personally like to drop my hp to gain focus. I run 75 vitality with full dl and this gives me 1596 health. Does it take a few idols to get to snorri, yes but more focus ups the amount of resist removed by lures. If you prefer more 2k is a nice round number.

As a lure mage, there are 3 lures which are fire ability and 3 which are ice this means the joy of trying to max both to most effective. FIRE: assassins, soldier and fire. ICE: magic, giant, and ice. You can lure with one or the other lower but i find it most effective to max both.

Gear(armor etc): full dl armor, if you cannot get this my stats and stuff wont match your so you will have to experiment hp wise. I also use dl wand, and dark +9 freeze skull. Why the skull? Because frankly i find it fun to freeze people in arena sense it's all i can do. If and when you can try to obtain dl offhand. It's all about focus to raise lure power. I have 2 aggy braces for 150 focus combined. I also carry focus of the mystic and have the new 1 mill focus ammy. With all chimed gear i usually have 9500-9800 energy ruffly. If I put on my event charm i break the 10k mark at 10,045.

Gear(rings and charms): let's be quite frank if you get anything over a royal ring you are the lure god or goddess js. However most likely you will have royals, well atleast i hope. We can pick a multitude of rings here. Personally i choose royal and grand assassin, and royal and grand soldier. This gives me 49/40 assassin and soldier lures for a resist remove of almost 1200 each factoring in focus. This brings a 190 rogues dmg up 600pts a hit ruffly. You do that math on a boss :) I am fortunate and have a +10 lure of magic charm. The something something charm of cursing. It looks like the skull necklace and goes in the misc slot. This effectively gives me 50/40 magic lure. If your best friend isnt a druid it soon will be with this lure. Again this lure will remover ruffly 1250 magic resist from your target, and your druids will shine with vines, lightning and storm touch etc.

So by this point i have 50/40 magic, 49/40 assassin and soldier. This leaves me 63 points after maxing these to 40 at lvl 180. Now you can kinda pick what you want. If you have an awesome ice mage who always shows up for everything you may not need to max ice lure, and the same with fire. However personally i chose fire lure here and freeze. Why freeze u ask? Well when your group gets swarmed by adds its nice to be able to just stop one until the others die if you are low on people. This being said i run 37/40 freeze with +9 skull. So I have 28 actual points into freeze and with skull can freeze up to 190 mobs. This leaves me 35 points. I chose fire. Rogue and ranger armor are heat dmg. And i find on my server most have heat offhands. Therefore IMO in my situation fire was the better choice.

So we have: lvl 180 lure mage with 50/40 magic lure, 49/40 assassin and soldier, 35/40 fire and 37/40 freeze. Again this may not be your preference but i find it quite a good build. Every clans needs are however different.

Side note: dont feel bad if you never get a drop. From what I have seen there are very few new boss drops for lure mages sadly. Would love for someone to post and prove that wrong btw! Every lure mage needs hope lol!
Magenta 190 rogue Rosmerta
Emberfrost 185 lure mage Rosmerta
Ladyleif 137 ranger Rosmerta
Littleleif 128 druid Rosmerta

Re: The start of a lure mage

Great post Mags! Another thought is that a lure mage can drop fire and ice lures if they primarily boss and use those points elsewhere (since other mages at a boss will have those pretty high), maybe boost or sacrifice (or both) to help druids with energy? Or they can put points in other mage skills that most mages don't use that can be helpful with bosses.

Just a thought on how a lure mage can be most effective for support, particularly boss support.
Xanadu - Mage 228+ - Forever - Rosmerta

Maggie, i have never met a fire or ice mage that has maxed out lure of fire or ice... If they have attune for whichever they r, their lures only needs to be at least half maxed anyways, even with out the attune...
I think there are two in our clan. One fire and one ice....for bosses. For a leveling mage, I agree that half max on lure is plenty and points are better spent elsewhere.
Xanadu - Mage 228+ - Forever - Rosmerta

should be sticked, lots of great information to whoever wants to have lures monkey alt/going full support mage as end game one
#NerfMages #AvoidBalance #WhyPlayARogue #MeatShieldOnly #HealingSlavesOnly

OP dps warrior on Belenus, hot af melee druid on Nuada. #Elementals #Apex

should be sticked, lots of great information to whoever wants to have lures monkey alt/going full support mage as end game one
Maybe Armo could put a link to this post in the stickied guide?
(Not active at the moment)
SmartOne: level 191 Mage
SneakyOne: level 185 Rogue
Learn about Lugh ➙ http://bit.ly/15My6OK
"The trouble ain't that there are too many fools, but that the lightning ain't distributed right."
-Mark Twain

Sure.

One thing I want to disagree with is where you said lure mages are in high demand. Trust me, they're not. I'd prefer you be 80% DPS and have 10 or so points in assassins lure, rather than carrying magic, soldiers, assassins lure and some random energy boost/sacrifice and dealing 0 damage. As well as being impossible to level (besides having to leech on some friends while they level, and needing help on your dailies, I see no reason to have a 100% support mage, unless you have another character that is your main and has your full concentration. Or if you dual box and help your main level outside group.

In my clan, magic lure, assassins lure and soldier's lure have been assigned to one or two mages, so usually at large boss fights, there will almost always be most of the lures. I myself carry a +5 soldiers lure ring, +7 assassins lure ring and +10 magic lure charm, so if my group really needs some support lures, I can easily switch out while still maintaining high DPS.
A mage at heart... Fire mage that is.
Currently actively playing the game.

Sure.

One thing I want to disagree with is where you said lure mages are in high demand. Trust me, they're not. I'd prefer you be 80% DPS and have 10 or so points in assassins lure, rather than carrying magic, soldiers, assassins lure and some random energy boost/sacrifice and dealing 0 damage. As well as being impossible to level (besides having to leech on some friends while they level, and needing help on your dailies, I see no reason to have a 100% support mage, unless you have another character that is your main and has your full concentration. Or if you dual box and help your main level outside group.

In my clan, magic lure, assassins lure and soldier's lure have been assigned to one or two mages, so usually at large boss fights, there will almost always be most of the lures. I myself carry a +5 soldiers lure ring, +7 assassins lure ring and +10 magic lure charm, so if my group really needs some support lures, I can easily switch out while still maintaining high DPS.
I usually do almost exactly this, but right now I actually am mostly support (I kept bolt) because we need lures/freezes for mordy and I am leveling my rogue atm. (Pierce lure is great for leveling alts)

I cannot stand being full support and I do not really like being mostly support. (I can't kill anything!) But, there are some mages that honestly prefer being support.
(Not active at the moment)
SmartOne: level 191 Mage
SneakyOne: level 185 Rogue
Learn about Lugh ➙ http://bit.ly/15My6OK
"The trouble ain't that there are too many fools, but that the lightning ain't distributed right."
-Mark Twain