Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Re: Aggy filtering

well, for simplicity sake, we can start with the 'roll only if you were there at start' and see how that goes. it has the virtue of being nearly identical to what we do, while reducing the numbers - so it should be well understood.

If that doesnt work, then maybe we consider the clan based system. there would be kinks to work out - such as what do to about a level 160 person not in a clan - or one of the main clans. do they forfiet drops? do we have a grouping called 'smaller and unaffiliated clans' that encompass people not in the larger clans? idk, just stream of consciousness here.
Civility, Integrity, and the Hermeneutic of Generosity

World: Lugh
Akbar: Ranger 220+
DrXyn-Druid 180+
Xyn: Mage 170+
Rabka: Rogue 150+
Rabak: Warrior 90+
Clan: Chieftain of Ancients

I love the idea of a clan representative. It is very logical, fast, clean, and easy to process both at place and inside the clan afterwards.

I am all for that a clan representative will roll for the clan present, which would eliminate the mess. Applying this I would also like to agree that each clan representative can roll for every drop having the opportunity to get even all drops for his clan if very lucky. This would be only fair since the whole clan is represented even if the representative is in the fight alone. It would help to better distribute the drops in time regardless when the player is in a fight increasing the opportunity for a player to get a really useful drop which I always fought for. The only exception would be clanless people who would be allowed to get only one drop since only one player is represented here.

Since we would probably agree that mostly the clan representatives will be either chieftain, generals, or guardians, it would be much easier to distribute the items in the one clan afterwards by whatever rules the clan agrees (could be another dicing inside the clan, contribution based distribution, distribution list, etc.).

Toy
... Toycat the Druid of Ancients in world Lugh ...
:. .:. .:. .:. .:. Patience is a virtue :. .:. .:. .:. .:

Personally I like the clan representative idea. I do not know how everyone else would feel about it.
@Niz As for the rolling for others problem, I know I have been guilty of this several times because OTM always patches at around 7 AM CST and I have to leave around 7:30-40 to be on time for school. By the time everyone gets organized and we start the fight it is around 7:30. Almost always I end up being able to kill aggy but have to leave before we can dice. (It usually takes like 15 more minutes to dice.) :roll:
(Not active at the moment)
SmartOne: level 191 Mage
SneakyOne: level 185 Rogue
Learn about Lugh ➙ http://bit.ly/15My6OK
"The trouble ain't that there are too many fools, but that the lightning ain't distributed right."
-Mark Twain

So to summarize some thoughts we have had:

1. We could have representatives of the 6 "major" clans (Syndicate, Berserkers, Ancients, Aftermath, Exultanis, and Elixer) and possibly an "other" group of clan-less and "minor" clans dice for drops, instead of the current system.
Representatives could roll for all drops regardless of class.
It has been suggested that representatives could win either one drop or as many as they want. (This will need to be debated.)
Each clan would then formulate its own policy for division of drops within the clan.

2. First three groups at Aggy can roll.
It would be difficult to decide who was there first.
-This seems like it would create an even bigger mess than we have now.

3. Only people there at the very beginning of the fight can roll.
People will try to rush and force a start.
-This also seems like it will create a mess.

Thoughts? Comments? Concerns? Additional Ideas?
"The trouble ain't that there are too many fools, but that the lightning ain't distributed right."
-Mark Twain

clan system will require the most refinement. what if only two people from red branch show up, while 12 ancients, 6 sydicate, 8 aftermath and 13 berserkes are there. I think, in that situation, i would be rather upset if red branch went home with 3 of the 4 drops. Nothing against red branch - just an example.

perhaps, each clan gives their tally of who is there at the start. then they get number of rolls = participants. only the 6 or 7 people go to the dicing location (clan reps + rep for unaligned).

i can still see issues if the 6 or 7 main clans have a 15 people total all over lvl 180, and the 'unaligned' clans have 35 people at 140-160. should unaligned get more chance of multiple drops, even though we all know the 180 people did 90% of the work - and without the 180s, the others would have to implement the full strategy with punching bag, add control, etc.

So, while i like the clan idea, we definitely have to make it fair.
Civility, Integrity, and the Hermeneutic of Generosity

World: Lugh
Akbar: Ranger 220+
DrXyn-Druid 180+
Xyn: Mage 170+
Rabka: Rogue 150+
Rabak: Warrior 90+
Clan: Chieftain of Ancients

I may have been misunderstood, clans can only win 1 drop unless there is more drops than clans. That's probably the most fair way to do it. If not then we can do every 5 players in a clan represent 1 roll so the more clannies you have the more rolls your clan can make per item. So if you have 16 members there you can roll once as a base roll then for every 5 members you can roll once more per item. So a total of 3 rolls for the 16 people clan and we should cap it at maximum 3 rolls per clan. Or for every 15 members of your clan at the fight you can potentially win one more item as long as you win the roll for it. So 30 people there could win up to 3 items, one for just being there and 15x2 is 30 so there's another 2 potential winnings, this should also be capped at 2-3 items per clan so everyone has a chance and there won't be a single dominating clan winning everything. This way would be fairest because more people need more gear so they should have a better chance at items. Just need to make sure that you point out your members as it's your responsibility as representing your clan, otherwise you get the default one roll.

Lugh
[list][*]Vulture - Level 220 Rogue
[*]Venus - Level 195 Druid[/list][/color]

I may have been misunderstood, clans can only win 1 drop unless there is more drops than clans. That's probably the most fair way to do it. If not then we can do every 5 players in a clan represent 1 roll so the more clannies you have the more rolls your clan can make per item. So if you have 16 members there you can roll once as a base roll then for every 5 members you can roll once more per item. So a total of 3 rolls for the 16 people clan and we should cap it at maximum 3 rolls per clan. Or for every 15 members of your clan at the fight you can potentially win one more item as long as you win the roll for it. So 30 people there could win up to 3 items, one for just being there and 15x2 is 30 so there's another 2 potential winnings, this should also be capped at 2-3 items per clan so everyone has a chance and there won't be a single dominating clan winning everything. This way would be fairest because more people need more gear so they should have a better chance at items. Just need to make sure that you point out your members as it's your responsibility as representing your clan, otherwise you get the default one roll.
To clarify, you are saying that each clan can win one drop by default and an additional drop for every 15 people from that clan at the fight. Each clan gets one roll per item and gets an additional roll for every 5 clannies at the fight. Is this correct?
How would you address clan-less people at the fight?

I like this, but I wish we could make the system as simple as possible.
-Mark Twain

What about creating a BM? Battle Master. They control start of fight. Check with clan reps on who's coming or if theyre ready. Clans dont need to group together or anything but they should keep track of who is present. Major clans controlling start of fight and locking it should be ok. I see the issues with trying to control rolls and drops. Once fight starts its locked. Theres usually a 5-10 minute wait before it starts anyway. There should be ample time for people to arrive. I would suggest a countdown once most people are present. Like 3 minutes. Then we just go. And change roll areas so people cant just waltz in say hi and roll.

Also: BM can be watchdog for late arrivals. We most likely dont need every single person to fight.
Last edited by virulent on Mon Nov 04, 2013 9:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

So to summarize some thoughts we have had:

1. We could have representatives of the 6 "major" clans (Syndicate, Berserkers, Ancients, Aftermath, Exultanis, and Elixer) and possibly an "other" group of clan-less and "minor" clans dice for drops, instead of the current system.
Representatives could roll for all drops regardless of class.
It has been suggested that representatives could win either one drop or as many as they want. (This will need to be debated.)
Each clan would then formulate its own policy for division of drops within the clan.

2. First three groups at Aggy can roll.
It would be difficult to decide who was there first.
-This seems like it would create an even bigger mess than we have now.

3. Only people there at the very beginning of the fight can roll.
People will try to rush and force a start.
-This also seems like it will create a mess.

Thoughts? Comments? Concerns? Additional Ideas?
To keep it simple, how about a cap, so that toons over a certain level can't dice? Most of us didn't have to compete with so many people above us when we did Aggy or other bosses...

Many of us will likely still come to support our alt or our clan anyway and there will be fewer people dicing if only toons between say 140 and 165 are eligible.
----------
Castiglioni - 180 Druid in Lugh
147 Ranger
Member of Clan Elixir