Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Re: Rangers too weak?

dl adds skill, armor, etc upgrades but also means that rapid is at its most 'effectiveness' and is an essential (perhaps- point is its worth it at that lvl) skill for rangers- which means rogues gotta do a double take. ;)
Belenus
Napstrike- 88+ DPS Rogue- Ninja Pirates
Napol- Ranger

Morrigan
Napol- 130+ Hybrid Ranger
Napol2- 83 DPS Rogue

Dl adds skills for rogue as well. In shear melee dmg a rogue wins. In skill dmg, again a rogue wins. Qs and shadow, for bossing double and sneaky are both guaranteed dmg aswell again qs and shadow. However i say rangers are a large asset on some servers for support, but again a high dex rogue with expose and smoke bomb are absolutely priceless at end game.

Ppl have said it, and I agree. Rogues are dps kings. Doesn't mean that they should be nerfed OTM, tyvm. Ithink that all classes should improve, lets say 'up to' the rogue class's usefulness and... well dps anyway. Just bc rangers are jacks of all trades doesn't mean that they shouldn't be good at most everything- heals, dps. Less interruptible light heal please OTM, ty in advance. :) Don't let bolas be our 'only plus' in the eyes of rangers, rogues, warriors, druids, mages. (no puns intended against any one class- we are all hurting somehow atm.) Just help us out, improve our skills that we already have. Thank you.
Belenus
Napol- Ranger

Morrigan
Napol2- 83 DPS Rogue

Ppl have said it, and I agree. Rogues are dps kings. Doesn't mean that they should be nerfed OTM, tyvm. Ithink that all classes should improve, lets say 'up to' the rogue class's usefulness and... well dps anyway. Just bc rangers are jacks of all trades doesn't mean that they shouldn't be good at most everything- heals, dps. Less interruptible light heal please OTM, ty in advance. :) Don't let bolas be our 'only plus' in the eyes of rangers, rogues, warriors, druids, mages. (no puns intended against any one class- we are all hurting somehow atm.) Just help us out, improve our skills that we already have. Thank you.
+over 9000
Devilstab
Danu
Lvl 105

Guys stop complaining about rapid shot. im 182 full dl and still don't put points in the skill. u either haste, or u keep it at 1, rs isn't y our dps at lower lvls is flawed, its our damage (not damn napol) skills.
Filli-Ranger 185+
Fishgutz101-Rogue 130+
Killi-Mage 100+

Would You Like Fries With That?

I used to play a ranger back in v3 on danu before I later moved to Taranis for reasons I won't state here and considered the ranger to be a pretty nice class. Even now in v4 rangers are still op. What you have to understand is that unlike rogues or tanks, rangers CAN solo without using pots or teaming up with a druid, due to their amazing light heal and bolas. Sure rangers don't have as much dps as a rogue or as much armor as a warrior, but they dont need it. Light heal and bolas is all you truly need to lv.

Also, you may complain about not killing things quick enough, but druids have it much worse then you, becuase it is impossible to solo efficiently as a druid without a crap ton of restos or sigils with a full dps build. Rangers CAN solo lv quick enough WITHOUT using restos, so I believe rangers are perfect the way they are. The only thing I can agree with is removing the heal buff in pvp for both rangers and druid.
Taranis
Druid: Thornstar lv 107
Rogue: ThornInMySide lv 85
Mage: F1r3B01t lv 38

Guys stop complaining about rapid shot. im 182 full dl and still don't put points in the skill. u either haste, or u keep it at 1, rs isn't y our dps at lower lvls is flawed, its our damage (not damn napol) skills.
While rs is technically one of our damage skills I will not press the point. I would 100% agree with the damage part of your statement (for obvious reasons). ;)
I used to play a ranger back in v3 on danu before I later moved to Taranis for reasons I won't state here and considered the ranger to be a pretty nice class. Even now in v4 rangers are still op. What you have to understand is that unlike rogues or tanks, rangers CAN solo without using pots or teaming up with a druid, due to their amazing light heal and bolas. Sure rangers don't have as much dps as a rogue or as much armor as a warrior, but they dont need it. Light heal and bolas is all you truly need to lv.

Also, you may complain about not killing things quick enough, but druids have it much worse then you, becuase it is impossible to solo efficiently as a druid without a crap ton of restos or sigils with a full dps build. Rangers CAN solo lv quick enough WITHOUT using restos, so I believe rangers are perfect the way they are. The only thing I can agree with is removing the heal buff in pvp for both rangers and druid.
Take a ranger into carrow and see just how well he does with bolas... Bolas (in my opinion- I will say that I don't use bolas norm for just this reason) is useless in enclosed spaces. The boggan rooms especially are too small to be constantly moving around without getting literally 3-4 or more adds on you- and that's without the boss being there. On the paths, sure I guess its okay but its a no go in the rooms. Not having enough dmg means that the mob you killed last will spawn and prolly attack you immediately (this has happened to me so many times I occasionally give up and go level in ow- which also can have the same bolas problem which is why I don't include the skill in my build anymore).

Moving on to druid leveling issues, yeah you guys aren't very fast killers. You are great over long term (bosses esp.) but not so great for the short term. I admit while I do have a druid alt I haven't gotten as far as level 80 yet and so I have nothing more than a general idea about how difficult it is to solo level as a druid, I can say OTM needs to fix your energy problem (and increase in damage in shrot term would prolly help heaps). I watch tanks (yes even tanks can do great damage), warriors, rogues just go nutz at leveling and then watch myself take 3 minutes to kill something that would take one of them half the time. I do think we can all unite on that fact, so OTM another heads up, cut the pvp heal cuts please. ;)
Belenus
Napol- Ranger

Morrigan
Napol2- 83 DPS Rogue

Well the thing is, killing things quickly is kind of the point of lixing. I find that warriors and rogues get more bars out of a lix than other classes. It costs them less lix and less time to level on a lix compared to a ranger. The extra money they have left over can be used on restos/regen lix. Warriors and rogues can level faster than other classes imo which is why there are so many high level rogues/warriors.
Gwydion: GraybeardHalt, Bow/Knucks/Spear Ranger, 130+
RogueHalt, Yentle, HoraceTheBear, Pesticide

I would like to add to what napol said, you are low level, you have not seen the monstrosity yet of how ranger's blow. Druids can team up and are much more flexable. For a example my level 75 druid teamed up with a level 105 because its a flexable class into getting to groups. Otherwise in a group their just fine.
Ashley A - Mabon - Novalis - 222 - Mage
Azona - Mabon - Novalis - 209 - Druid
0x15 - Mabon - Novalis - 216 - Rogue

Allymia - Epona - 220 - Rogue
Fire Mage - Epona - 220 - Mage

Aethinry Donn - Belenus - 221 - Warrior
Dakara - Belenus - 200 - Mage

1 first of all ranger where only good in v2-v3 then the nerfs come in make rangers not as good. Also if you continued to play with ranger in v4 you'll find it harder to lvl and skills not being as good. Also another thing druids weren't meant to solo lvl. Druids where meant to group with others and lvl with them. Also so here is the thing, we'll never out dps at true rogue, tanks a true warrior, and heal better then a true druid. But hey, they'll never make us that good so i say this keep light heal the way it is, increase ur damage (but not as strong as a rogue), and give us a bit more armor, and then take off the nerfs you put on ur skills and then every ranger would be happy
Devilstab
Danu
Lvl 105