Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Admin please read: Glitching Spearhorn and Rockbelly

Admin - how is it that some players can glitch Spearhorn and Rockbelly and kill them with only two players in a group? I have noticed that Fellfire could also be glitched and would not reset. Is there anything you can do to stop this abuse? (SmellyUnder whispers to Admin: Please tell me how to glitch them as I want to get all the drops. I pay you 500000 gold for the information. hehe) :lol:

Re: Admin please read: Glitching Spearhorn and Rockbelly

Admin - how is it that some players can glitch Spearhorn and Rockbelly and kill them with only two players in a group? I have noticed that Fellfire could also be glitched and would not reset. Is there anything you can do to stop this abuse? (SmellyUnder whispers to Admin: Please tell me how to glitch them as I want to get all the drops. I pay you 500000 gold for the information. hehe) :lol:
Players are also Glitching Shivercowl as evident in the Arawn: Shivercowl thread.

This is ruining the gameplay, and threatens to make illegitimate the true gains of meteoric armor that many have made because others are glitching their items and components without really truly competing for them. I think it's as widespread a practice now with rangers that I don't think 1 or 2 people can be blamed, but it's certainly a freaking shame.

The best way to patch this is to make a boss reset if it is receiving dmg and it isn't hitting anything for more than 30 seconds, that way lag spikes and lag issues won't reset a full group attempt but any 2-6 ranger crews with a suicide tank will be disarmed.
Teaweasel 121 Druid (Morrigan, Clan: Avalon, On Hiatus)
Teaweasel 133 Druid (Arawn, Retired)
Best Build is a 30/30 in Thinking for yerself ;)

True gains? Hate to tell ya but on most worlds the only gain is the admin with all the money we spend on pots and idols.... consider this as an opportunity..... We get to save our pots and such for the dragons in the new zone and this only works 50% of the time because rockbelly and shiver are the easiest to get reset with noobs running in like crazy..... so it in some cases is not worth it.....

Proud Owner of a Blessed White Yule Crown

- I figured out the glitch for Shivercowl... at least on Arawn but it took time, effort and standing there for an hour trying to kill Shivercowl with others that I have invited to group, including people from different clans (Bada, Celtic, Usk etc.) while explaining how to do it, so they can also do it... only to have someone accidentally or intentionally *coughWizardcough* resetting the mob is one thing...

I didn't hack, simply put the time and effort into figuring it out, using in-game dynamics to defeat the boss, which is what we all do when trying to defeat a boss mob and acquire uber phat lewtz.

I also SHARED the information so ANYONE in ANY CLAN interested, with the means and the patience to actually perform the task could also do it.

Now that being said, figuring out a glitch and NOT including others or NOT sharing the knowledge of how to perform the task while taking down boss mobs with (2) of your OWN toons and hoarding the loot would be an entirely different matter because then you are denying the masses of even an opportunity of taking down that boss with conventional methods or otherwise...
Zumuclyst
Ranger
Arawn
Serenity

- I figured out the glitch for Shivercowl... at least on Arawn but it took time, effort and standing there for an hour trying to kill Shivercowl with others that I have invited to group, including people from different clans (Bada, Celtic, Usk etc.) while explaining how to do it, so they can also do it... only to have someone accidentally or intentionally *coughWizardcough* resetting the mob is one thing...

I didn't hack, simply put the time and effort into figuring it out, using in-game dynamics to defeat the boss, which is what we all do when trying to defeat a boss mob and acquire uber phat lewtz.

I also SHARED the information so ANYONE in ANY CLAN interested, with the means and the patience to actually perform the task could also do it.

Now that being said, figuring out a glitch and NOT including others or NOT sharing the knowledge of how to perform the task while taking down boss mobs with (2) of your OWN toons and hoarding the loot would be an entirely different matter because then you are denying the masses of even an opportunity of taking down that boss with conventional methods or otherwise...
Glitching isn't playing the game, it's taking advantage of the game mechanics and rendering bosses completely inert. There is no strategy, past the "figure out how to break the boss" and it sincerely ruins the game.

I just can't believe you guys are ok with not competing justly for bosses that our server can easily handle. We don't KS, clans work together, our server has no justification to glitch. It just makes me /facepalm when I see the server culture switch to glitching over playing. Celtic Heroes to Celtic Cheaters. It's shocking.

Case and Point: if a boss resets while you are "fighting" it due to another player entering it's Melee range, then yer not really fighting it. Yer fighting the coding, Yer not playing the game.

Currently my clan is operating on a 2 strikes and yer out policy with glitching. A warning and a kick. We tackled Spearhorn today with 10 people all in Clan, and Frank helping a bit on his Druid and all we got were jeers in Shout of: "I thought you guys were against glitching". And lol we actually had to say: "we are fighting it straight up, see? Maybe you forgot.. This is what is looks like.."

To me, it's a joke not playing the game as intended, and I think past the unique "trick" of discovery, spreading this into a boss-glitching culture is beyond the pale. It ruins the game. Far beyond just what you and your friend's do for fun, it turns the community into a bunch of no-talent glitchers. And makes all that gear a sleazy joke of exploitation not accomplishment.
Teaweasel 121 Druid (Morrigan, Clan: Avalon, On Hiatus)
Teaweasel 133 Druid (Arawn, Retired)
Best Build is a 30/30 in Thinking for yerself ;)