Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Re: Good news, people with iPod Touch 2Gs and iPhone 3Gs!

so if you make a new engine/update, they won't be able to download it and they will stick to that update?
This is how it worked before. People with old devices were/are not able to download the latest version.

However, what has changed is that people who have deleted the game from their device can now download an old version. Before, if you deleted Celtic Heroes from your iPod Touch 2G, you were unable to download the app again.
So, technically instead of the applestore auto updating the apps. Its finds the version compatible to your current device and lets you download it. Sweeet!
Proud Clansman of Avalon
“Knowledge talks, wisdom listens.”
“Don’t let your victories go to your head, or your failures go to your heart.”

If you need any advice, tips or have any questions don't hesitate to PM me

That is excellent news for the time being, but may I ask if there will be absolutely mandatory updates in the future that you cannot play the game without? For example: the new engine. Supposing apple kept this change in place, would these devices be able to play that older version after the engine update, update 5, update 6 etc. or is it only until the next major update comes?

That is excellent news for the time being, but may I ask if there will be absolutely mandatory updates in the future that you cannot play the game without? For example: the new engine. Supposing apple kept this change in place, would these devices be able to play that older version after the engine update, update 5, update 6 etc. or is it only until the next major update comes?
It is possible that yes, in the future you will only be able to play the game if you have the latest version.

There may come a time when we have to restrict what versions of the game can connect to the servers, however we will only be doing this if it is absolutely necessary.
Terms of Service, Policies and Procedures: http://celtic-heroes.com/support/

Will CH work when ios7 is released in a couple of hours or is there a chance it could be buggy? Need to know before i down load the new ios7 currently using ipad2 and iPhone 4, I know some other apps that have already stated it will be buggy untill the update aswell but yet you have said nothing?
I would wait before updating to see how others handle it. There could be some unforeseen bugs given how many different devices there are. Apples north Korea business model won't let you revert to an older iOS unless you jailbreak your device first and go through some painful steps.

My hat is off to OTM on this as virtually no other game bothers to keep old devices compatible. I have a 3G iPhone and I can say that the game is already almost beyond the capabilities of the device. It takes 3 minutes to log on and 1-2 to change maps and gets about 3 frames per second with the detail and draw distance turned down to the lowest setting. Im doubting they could handle the new engine even of apple let them submit it.
Member of Aeon - Taranis - 24 boxer
220+ toons
Ravenleaf druid - Silverstring ranger
Stormsong warrior - Nwerb Mage - Eventide Rogue

Toon histogram:
Level_____|200+|150-199|100-149|50-99|20-49|1-19|
# of toons|_5__|___16___|____3___|__11__|__21_|407|

Ty for the reply, yes I have. I tried downloading it on an itouch 2g with 4.2(the highest possible for an itouch 2), but it asked me to upgrade to 4.3.1 without the last version compatible option.(apps like fb has offered me last version compatible option) But that isn't possible.

The 3GS goes up to iOS 6 point something I think, and the current ch just needs 4.3.1.
Mabon
Beattz(Rogue) 151
Character(Rogue) 91
Wizcot(Rogue) 110

...and if you're wondering why all rogues, it's a passion like choosing to play football over other sports.