Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Build Advice Needed!

Hello Rangers,
So I've finally decided to level up Shadowhowl (see my sig) and am looking for good skills to use.

My equipment will be:
Bloodlust, Met bp/legs, heroic gloves/boots, heroic ammy, fiery quiver of beasts, obsideon bow, Royal rings of everything (dmg rings if needed), poison damage charm (20-50), royal wyrm bracelets.

Since I have obsideon bow, I think I should be skill-based. I believe Longshot and Double Shot are a given, but what else? Remember I will probably have ~15 extra points from rings, and a druid to offgroup buff and heal.

Thank you,
Regenleiff
World Taranis

- Regenleif -
Rachmaninoff
Aedin Flameborn

Former Leader in theILLUMINATI, Aeon, and Taranis United

I am a Guide! If you need any tips/help/advice, Click Here to send me a message!

Re: Build Advice Needed!

Uhh if I'm not mistaken, doesn't obsidian bow like..poof after some amount of uses..I'm not sure. If so, then I'd suggest using/getting opal or meteoric for your current level and adamant at 120, and so on.

Also, since your gear is mostly str based, I'd suggest str build even at your level (most people start 150+). It's able to be used efficiently at any level if done correctly.

Use damage rings/charms/ammy/bracelet(s) for the best possible dps, such as dmg stuff.

Stats -
Str: A lot..
Dex: Little to none, as the dex added from your quiver will suffice.
Focus: 10 (default)
Vit: 100-150

As for skills..
Max light heal, always.
Max double shot.
Max sharpen weapons (I personally use this over steady aim as sharpen takes much less time to cast).
Max rapid shot.
If you're a bolas type of person then you can put bolas here for 10 levels above your current level. If not, steady aim, sharpen weps, or longshot will also work.
Rest in sharpen weapons/steady aim, depending on above.

Also, and I'm not sure if this is 100% correct, it seems like you have access to a lot of rings and such, so I'd recommend using royal/grand sharpen weapons, royal/grand rapid shot (optional), royal/grand light heal (also optional), and the rest as damage rings. Try to use as high damage bracelets as you can (if you can) too because the more str you have, the more damage each point added will be worth.

This is for str ranger only.

Hope this helps at all, I'm not really a str ranger but I've read on about it and I think I understand the basics of it. Your main focus is for auto-attack to be as high as possible so damage items will help a ton.

Best of luck,
xArctic.
¸.•*´¨ ¨*•.¸.•*´¨ ¨*•.¸.•*´¨ ¨*•.¸.•*´¨ ¨*•.¸

xArctic - 135+ ranger
xFire - 80+ mage
xFlames - 80+ druid
xFreeze - 80+ rogue
Rosmerta

Life is a highway; make every moment count.

No apologies. No regrets.
SolarSunElite

Uhh if I'm not mistaken, doesn't obsidian bow like..poof after some amount of uses..I'm not sure. If so, then I'd suggest using/getting opal or meteoric for your current level and adamant at 120, and so on.

Also, since your gear is mostly str based, I'd suggest str build even at your level (most people start 150+). It's able to be used efficiently at any level if done correctly.

Use damage rings/charms/ammy/bracelet(s) for the best possible dps, such as dmg stuff.

Stats -

As for skills..
Max light heal, always.
Max double shot.
Max sharpen weapons (I personally use this over steady aim as sharpen takes much less time to cast).
Max rapid shot.
If you're a bolas type of person then you can put bolas here for 10 levels above your current level. If not, steady aim, sharpen weps, or longshot will also work.

Also, and I'm not sure if this is 100% correct, it seems like you have access to a lot of rings and such, so I'd recommend using royal/grand sharpen weapons, royal/grand rapid shot (optional), royal/grand light heal (also optional), and the rest as damage rings. Try to use as high damage bracelets as you can (if you can) too because the more str you have, the more damage each point added will be worth.

Hope this helps at all, I'm not really a str ranger but I've read on about it and I think I understand the basics of it. Your main focus is for auto-attack to be as high as possible so damage items will help a ton.

Best of luck,
xArctic.
Ew. Big fat -1 Dext builds have more dps than str. I don't know a ranger round my lv who can out dps me and my dext build.

Other bonuses for me are 1.4k defence and near 1k light heals
Meeplol from Rosmerta- Ranger 223

Top pvp ranger on Celtic heroes
We Love Meep

I am using the obsidean bow so I can be a more skill-based ranger with massive damage. I do not think light heal is nesasary, as you probably know I am a druid. The obsidean bow only uses charges when you auto-attack, so skills will make it last basically forever. Any skill advice would be useful.
World Taranis

- Regenleif -
Rachmaninoff
Aedin Flameborn

I am a Guide! If you need any tips/help/advice, Click Here to send me a message!

I am using the obsidean bow so I can be a more skill-based ranger with massive damage. I do not think light heal is nesasary, as you probably know I am a druid. The obsidean bow only uses charges when you auto-attack, so skills will make it last basically forever. Any skill advice would be useful.
If you aren't using auto-attack then what's the point of using a bow at all. For one thing, you can't keep using skills simultaneously so you'd be much better off getting opal/meteoric.

Considering you have bloodlust helm, I don't understand why you would even use dex build considering it would just add 10 damage, and with bloodlust it has the potential to add more with the more str you have.

And sorry I missed the druid part, people make mistakes. Just replace it with whatever the hell you want.

I don't even understand why I try to help people anymore.
¸.•*´¨ ¨*•.¸.•*´¨ ¨*•.¸.•*´¨ ¨*•.¸.•*´¨ ¨*•.¸

xArctic - 135+ ranger
xFire - 80+ mage
xFlames - 80+ druid
xFreeze - 80+ rogue
Rosmerta

Life is a highway; make every moment count.

No apologies. No regrets.
SolarSunElite

Stats -

As for skills..
Max light heal, always.
Max double shot.
Max rapid shot.

Best of luck,
xArctic.
Ew. Big fat -1 Dext builds have more dps than str. I don't know a ranger round my lv who can out dps me and my dext build.

Other bonuses for me are 1.4k defence and near 1k light heals
Im a str build and it works out awesome for me. If only otm gave ranger 1-2 more skills fully str based, str rangers would out-dps dex rangers any damn time.
Agree with arctic on build. Since you have so much dmg gear you should go with str build as pierce adds dmg with every point of str. Double shot and longshot will work out fine for you. Go with 250 str, 150 dex, focus less since you have regens and around 150 vitality since you have your awesome druid to help outside. This will give you a balance. Dump the obsidian bow imo.Its speed is too low and with your gear you will do more dps with opal/meteoric bow. Hope i helped :D
Firefury360 - Lvl191+ Ranger
Drake007 - Lvl191+ Rogue
World - Taranis
Proud member of Aeon

Okay whoa whoa whoa.

IF you have a lot of damage gear, you have the epitome dex build. Dex gives you HIGH skills and your gear gives you high damage. Using the obsidian bow adds to your skills damage (didn't anyone recognize this?), however I would still use the meteoric bow myself, for the autos.

SO. For your build, I would recommend 100 strength, with the rest of your points to be divided up 3 dex, 2 vit. Unless of course your druid has abundance and you are willing to keep that on your ranger all the time, in which I would do 4,1. Until you have 350-500 dex that is (500 is when the effect dex gives starts to go down a lot, although the attack and defense bonuses remain constant), and then forget about putting points into dex, and put the points in strength and vit.

For skills...
Sharp shot
Long shot
Double shot (its decent even though it is a dmg based skill- with your items its perfect)
Sharpen weapons (who said damage never helps...- itll add at least 70 dmg if you go with this build in the level 120s, perhaps sooner (or more) with rings)
Keep these skills maxed for sure.

Any extra points you can either save up til you hit a new section, or put in any number of skills. Camoflage might be nice, but you would need to max it for it to work for the best. Its not a group skill, but it does camo for 4 minutes, might be nice on your druid. In a pinch you might want to invest in lightheal, as its cd is faster than a druids natures touch. Another skill to think about is fire arrow, its an aoe, so must be used carefully (not to mention an energy sucker) but is worth it at times if your bein attacked by a group.

Let me know if you have any more questions, and I hope this helps.
Belenus
Napstrike- 88+ DPS Rogue- Ninja Pirates
Napol- Ranger

Morrigan
Napol- 130+ Hybrid Ranger
Napol2- 83 DPS Rogue

Thanks for all the responses, however I think the biggest point most of you are missing is that obsideon bow has 225 damage. I tried restating, and invested in the following:
Longshot (2013 damage -must be an omen-)
Sharp Shot (1026 damage)
Double Shot (1890 damage -auto*2-)
Steady Aim (+92 Damage)
extras in Explosive Arrow

Also on my skill bar I have Barbed Shot. So far I can maintain a pretty constant cast rate with decently quick kills, however on 3* bosses I struggle, and can not do 4* without trouble. I am considering dropping steady for bolas... would that be recomended?

Also, I redid my build:
STR: 5
DEX; 365(500)
Focus 5(25
VIT: 175(195) -adding points here when I level-

Any thoughts? suggestions? Should I try out the met bow?
World Taranis

- Regenleif -
Rachmaninoff
Aedin Flameborn