Decreased power of Ice Blast by 45%
Decreased power of Ice Shards by 10%
Decreased power of Firestorm by 20%
Decreased power of Incinerate by 10%
Decreased power of Energy Shield by 25%
Increased recast time of Firestorm by 5 seconds

Re: HAH

Wasnt op...now its just crap to play mage : (
I mean,we have/had no armor,mobs kill us easy...
Just bcs we hitted high with skills who use massive energy and people like you crieng mage is op they got a massive decrease on damage. Thx otm...
Lv152 warrior ToFat4Fun
Lv182 DUTCHWIZARD LUGH
(And some alts)

Why didnt they just take the skill? Obviously OTM doesnt know how to make classes balanced when he doesn't even balance the skills first. Balance the Class before you balance the classes, its the most important rule in mmorpgs. Why didnt they just debuff ice attunement and fire attunement, why did they make 4 useless skills.

It's good to get this into perspective, mages got SUCH a huge boost, this really is a tiny reduction in comparison to what was added in the expansion. Overall mages are still hugely more powerful than pre-update.

It's good to get this into perspective, mages got SUCH a huge boost, this really is a tiny reduction in comparison to what was added in the expansion. Overall mages are still hugely more powerful than pre-update.
+1 so true Ty for fixing it

Agreed Admin but so are all other classes. Rogues have always been competitive in DPS on short or long fights. I know this because I'm consistently grouped with Nukegurl on a daily basis and she still takes most kills and even got Aggy from me this past week, both of us have exceptional gear. Nerfing is fine but in my opinion, it was much too hard of a nerf right off the bat before we can even see how Mages are performing this update. I mean come on, it's been 1 week so far.

Also I'm confused what made you think energy shield needed a nerf, 50 skill points for 2000 absorb on a 30 second cooldown seemed balanced and now even that was hammered. If PvP was a concern just make it even weaker there, but this really hurt mage survivability even more.

Regardless, we will adapt but I don't think hard data was looked into regarding the nerf because Mages were not outshining other classes by a large amount from what I've witnessed from many, many hours of gameplay.
Darteos -- Level 191 Mage -- Crom -- General of Seed
Synergy -- Level 93 Druid -- Arawn -- Clansman of BadaBing

%100 agree, but dont you think that ice and fire attunement's were the problem as opposed to Ice blast being it? I'm not sure if mages are inner-balanced anymore Admin. Ice build isnt the way to go since Ice blast is basically useless, this causes a chain reaction, ice attunement is then useless, ice lure isnt worth it anymore because fire builds are so much more powerful, Then lure of ice isnt worth its skills points, ice shards isnt useful. I'm sure we are balanced with other classes but our class is still so off balance. I used 30+ redbooks to find the best build for mages and after this, well basically since Firestorm is needed, Firebolt is needed, ice attunement is needed, lure of fire is needed. Do you see where I'm going with this? Ice and fire arnt balanced skills. Therefore Mages arnt balanced a debuff for mages was needed, but sadly the wrong skills were debuffed.

I know another patch will have to wait, but maybe the mage community needed to be contacted with before totally changing our skills. Iceblast may have seen like one skill, but it actually is the one skill that balanced mages and now it is useless. I hope you take this to heart, Admin, I am a leading mage in a clan and they come to me for help, but what am I suppose to give them now.

New fix:

Reduce ice and fire attunement by %25
Reduce all damage attacks except for Firebolt by %10
“Be the change that you wish to see in the world.”
― Mahatma Gandhi

mages suck bad now!!! wtf did tom do!!!! we have no armor and they decreased our shields!!!! warriors were already one shoting our energy shields in pvp but i could win some still but now it is going to be impossible!!!! a new thing... ice blast why did they took off 45%!!!! this is too much!!!!!!!! tom u suked big time. u increase other class and decreased our class of mages who were for once yes for ONCE happy of being a mage!!!!! :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:
server belenus:
dragonspirit lvl156 mage
dragonarrow lvl122 ranger
Hmmmm lvl126 druid