Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Re: New skills suck.

How? Our only job is dps and we can't even be top of that now
+5000
Houston/rogue216-lvl 216 combined-140 rogue and 76 druid,

Become one with the 216 today! Consultations are Monday- Friday 8 am to 6pm. No walk-ins, only scheduled appointments allowed!

Riposte: i genuinely like the skill.. 2k+ damage over 6 seconds with it (also awesome in PvP but that's a different story), very good for taking adds whilst on bosses.

Shadowstrike: I highly disagree.. This is my new favourite Skill. It runs primarily off of dexterity so yours must be super low, but it is instacast and mine does 'up to' 1.8k damage.. Usually hitting around 1.2-1.4k per cast. Though, the bug where you cast it and then are 'out of range' to auto or Quickstrike, is super annoying (and was reported in Beta).

Exposé Weakness: Whilst some Rogues may not want support skills (Smoke Bomb?).. It is nice to have the option. I personally really like Expose Weakness.. It is great for bosses as some skills can be very valuable, so do not want them evaded :)

Life Drain: I agree, hugely underpowered and a waste of a skill that had huge potential. Was good in one of the first builds in Beta, then nerfed from there-on-out.

Rend: I agree, too weak.. Damage needs doubling or even trippling.

Quickstrike: awesome.

Sneaky: Takes too long to cast.. Cast time should be 1 sec
RAPIDx - 225 Rogue
Rhiannon GameChanger

———————————
Some Guy - 220 Rogue
Epona Prodigy

Yea im with BLRD on this i love shadow strike mine does up to 2.1k damage and its glitch just to get rid of it move around a tiny bit and it registers where you are at and u can continue hitting i can do up to 10k damage in just about 3-5 secs with these new skills :) sneak average 4k+ quick average 1.2k+ riposte maxed average 1.3k+ and shadow strike 1.4k plus all together i can hit sneak then shadow then quick in about 2-3 secs then hit riposte and auto attack in about and 2-3 seconds
DIAMONDNOBLE9-179+ ROUGE Full DragonLord
NOBLERANGER99-137+RANGER
CLOAKOFFIRE-120+MAGE
SINDRUID2-90+DRUID
DiamonAye-76+Rouge Arawn
Proud Clansman of Inner Circle
SecretMage-171+Mage

I think the main issue brookie is overlooking is that rogue skills are just an added benefit to us. A mage get almost ALL of their damage from their skills.

Our skills may not hit as high as a mage, but our auto kills any other class. I absolutely love shadowstrike, even with it being bugged. I get around the bug by casting shadow, then bumping the move pad and then casting quick followed by autoing. Hardly any time lost due to the bug.

So far in my lvl groups I get the kill 90% of the time, and when i don't it's normally a warrior not a mage who gets the kill.

Expose weakness will be a tremendous skill for bossing. Rogues who don't use it are just selfish and too greedy. I'm not specced into at this point (lvl 165) but when i get 180-190 it'll most definately be in my arsenal.

Life tap had great potential, but it sucks.

If I am soloing, riposte is my favorite skill ever. I normally end up tanking in leveling groups too, so it works well there too.

All in all, I'm pretty well pleased. It really gets my goat though when people try and compare mages to rogues. THEY ARE TOTALLY DIFFERENT!! If you are so displeased with your rogue, go play a mage, and lose the dps battle to the rogues who know how to play.
Kimloc -142 druid
Locke - 220+ rogue
Persephone - 187 ranger
ShawShanked - 144 rogue
Machiavelli - 160 warrior
Fiddler - 95 ranger
Tattersail - 110 mage
Goethe - 83 druid
Chaucer - 4 mage

Taranis server, Member of Pride

Noone has mentioned whether riposte is str or dex, I'm just wondering
hatoyo- lvl 130 Rogue- Rhiannon
hat0y0- lvl 83 Druid- Rhiannon
Bluejay- lvl 68 warrior- Rhiannon
Banshee- lvl 51 ranger- Rhiannon
(name withheld)- lvl 46 Mage- Top-Secret

I think the main issue brookie is overlooking is that rogue skills are just an added benefit to us. A mage get almost ALL of their damage from their skills.

Our skills may not hit as high as a mage, but our auto kills any other class. I absolutely love shadowstrike, even with it being bugged. I get around the bug by casting shadow, then bumping the move pad and then casting quick followed by autoing. Hardly any time lost due to the bug.

So far in my lvl groups I get the kill 90% of the time, and when i don't it's normally a warrior not a mage who gets the kill.

Expose weakness will be a tremendous skill for bossing. Rogues who don't use it are just selfish and too greedy. I'm not specced into at this point (lvl 165) but when i get 180-190 it'll most definately be in my arsenal.

Life tap had great potential, but it sucks.

If I am soloing, riposte is my favorite skill ever. I normally end up tanking in leveling groups too, so it works well there too.

All in all, I'm pretty well pleased. It really gets my goat though when people try and compare mages to rogues. THEY ARE TOTALLY DIFFERENT!! If you are so displeased with your rogue, go play a mage, and lose the dps battle to the rogues who know how to play.
How much % of your damage do you think comes from auto now? Cause while cause casting your auto is doing nothing(apart from sneak and maybe ripose) i got beat on a boss last night my gear is pretty close to top still and he is on leveling forum im telling you all now you are underestimating mages. If your getting kill and not a mage then the mage sucks simple. Lets not forget a mage can easily spam skills now with scarafice and a druid and seeing as they cast faster they do more damage. Ripose is decent i tried it but still 6 seconds sucks and what rogue really should be tanking? Rend is massivly underpowered its a joke! I cant see how you can cast shadow and sneak cause when u say shadow bang they target you and only point o shadow is to get close to mob(which is bugged anyway). To think that our highest damage from new skills is up to 2k! When we are ment to be a DAMAGE CLASS is pathetic.

Now blrd yes my dex isnt great but im guessing your str isnt the simple fact that we have to focus on 3/4 stats at a time(some people need focus) makes the class underpowered while mages focus on 2 no more there is no need. I have pointed this out from word go our skills take too long to cast. Are not strong enough and need a boost OTM sort it out.

And risp is str
Brookie1 lvl 172+ rogue rosmerta. Best damn rogue ever! Clan awakening

Only skills I'm using right now are fast reflex, smoke (not maxed), riposte, shadow and quick. All of the dmg skills I'm using are insta cast, so I don't have to worry about potentially losing dps from casting.

True, a rogue shouldn't be tanking, but the majority of warriors are dps specced right now so they can efficiently level. My "tanking" gear is ancient wyrmbone legs and chest, ancient wyrmbone dagg, the regen dagg off hand (swap it out with axe if i din't need the regen), and a dps helm. The gear adds a decent amount of str and dex, along with good resists and armour.

I'm also running a 500 vit build, the extra hp is absolutely needed in this update I feel.

I can understand the frustration at seeing a mage nuke something for 5k dmg when you can't match that, but overall rogues still win because of our insane auto :)
Kimloc -142 druid
Locke - 220+ rogue
Persephone - 187 ranger
ShawShanked - 144 rogue
Machiavelli - 160 warrior
Fiddler - 95 ranger
Tattersail - 110 mage
Goethe - 83 druid
Chaucer - 4 mage

Taranis server, Member of Pride