Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Dex rogue guide

Well I was asked to do this and I have had a hard time thinking about which way to go. I decided to not bore you with all the math and graphs and just give you the results. So this is more of a cook book than what I normally post.

Assumption: You like to solo level and that is how you spend the majority of your time. You want to be able to kill all one, two and three star mobs your level plus a couple and with gastons pie take on a 4 star. Leveling is more important than pvp or bossing.

Gear: I assume no sigils. And no plat, you will probably be level 70 before you can get your first piece of lux. You can argue which you want first but your first three will be, heroic rejuvenation amulet, heroic haste gloves and golden offhand sword (I like fire). Dont buy anything else, until then, use what drops.

Skills: don't look at what damage a skill does, look at the difference in damage per min as you add skill points. Sneaky and assassinate put out nice numbers but their level 1 skill puts out high numbers all by themselves. Don't put points in them. You will do more dps if you leave them at 1.
Max skills in this order: reflex, poison, quick, and split points between bandage wounds and your next favorite damage skill. Rend, sneaky, and assassinate are all very close in dps averaged over time. If your auto dps ever exceeds quick then you can abandon it for something else.

Stats:
Focus, only put points in if you find yourself running out of energy mid fight. Once you get your amulet you can get away with 10 focus until you hit level 100 then you will start running out again and need to consider additional regen items or focus.

Vitality: should equal your level times 3

STR and DEX: For the rest of your skill points, two points DEX to one point STR. Any more than that and you start loosing efficiency. If you decide to switch to more of a bossing build then just never exceed two STR for every one DEX. Again you loose efficiency for soloing if you do.

Well that's the cookbook. As your level goes up it will be harder to kill the 3 stars. At higher levels you just lose return on point investment except for Vit. Vitality is always linear.
Papi - Arawn - Beta 4
GuildChief- / MageGuild (Chief)
Glanmoric-Mage 120
Duergath-Rogue 100 TheFamily Chief
Whuric-Druid 91
Volar-Warrior 91
Doriz-Ranger 70
"Growing old is for people who have forgotten how to play."

Re: Dex rogue guide

Pretty nice, but why no mention of smoke bomb? That's my favorite thing to combine with any amount of dex

100% hit rate FTW
hatoyo- lvl 130 Rogue- Rhiannon
hat0y0- lvl 83 Druid- Rhiannon
Bluejay- lvl 68 warrior- Rhiannon
Banshee- lvl 51 ranger- Rhiannon
(name withheld)- lvl 46 Mage- Top-Secret

Pretty nice, but why no mention of smoke bomb? That's my favorite thing to combine with any amount of dex

100% hit rate FTW
Well to b honest, I have no data on the performance of smoke bomb so I didnt speak on it. However, the forum does speak highly of it. And, by the time u get it, your gear is getting better and your auto damage is approaching your quick so those quick points could move to smoke.
Papi - Arawn - Beta 4
Glanmoric-Mage 120
Whuric-Druid 91
Volar-Warrior 91
Doriz-Ranger 70

With 5 skill points per level that's 60% of skill points in vitality - wouldn't that just be a tank build?
Lugh - clan Ancients
Derken - Warrior (general)
Pointy - Rogue
Glob - Ranger
IsleOfLamp - Mage
Herculager - Warrior
Kefse - Druid

With 5 skill points per level that's 60% of skill points in vitality - wouldn't that just be a tank build?
Call it a tank if you want. The goal is not to tank bosses but to survive soloing 3 star mobs. If you have gear that gives you more hp then feel free to lighten up. I used to run a 300 dex 5 STR build. Doing the research for this showed me I was making a mistake. Thus the 2-1 rule. I also could not solo 3 stars, I can now and can also kill one stars and some two stars 10 levels above me. I just let the math do the talking and adjust accordingly.

As you put more points in STR and dex your return on investment reduces. But Vit is linear with health. You always get the same bang for the buck. At lower levels you can probably get away with less but as you hit the ow you will need the health.
Papi - Arawn - Beta 4
Glanmoric-Mage 120
Whuric-Druid 91
Volar-Warrior 91
Doriz-Ranger 70

I might try a heavy dex/vit build to see how it goes. I'm tentative because I like being able to tear the sh*t put of stuff, but surviving attacks sounds appealing
pigman, with the fury of the pigs and the mind of a man
level 210+ rogue
Morrigan
Avalon
put your pants on, we're going out

With a maxed Fast Reflexes and Rad legs/boots, I have 2.5k defence. I have 2k health so I can survive an AoE, and if I take aggro (which I rarely do without using many skills), I dodge almost every attack. I also have 1.2k damage and 2.7k Attack with this build (but I have extreme dps gear that some don't have access too), so I hit hard and rarely miss a hit (never miss a hit with Smoke Bomb, but in an FFA that is a disadvantage to my group as I hit so often anyway).

With a high Dex (370), I like to put points in Smoke Bomb, Fast Reflexes and best of all, Poison Weapon. My poison weapon gives me 84 Poison Damage and my Fast Reflexes give me a little over 1k defence. Partnered with a mere 200 Health Sigils, it allows me to cover adds perfectly, and I'm always rushing to adds when they're called.

My stats are as follows:

Strength: 225(300) Golden Magic Blade
Dexterity: 295(370) Fast Reflexes Aggy Bracelet
Focus: 10
Vitality: 250

That is as a 151 Rogue. Feel free to try it out and see how you get on :)
RAPIDx - 225 Rogue
Rhiannon GameChanger

———————————
Some Guy - 220 Rogue
Epona Prodigy

With a maxed Fast Reflexes and Rad legs/boots, I have 2.5k defence. I have 2k health so I can survive an AoE, and if I take aggro (which I rarely do without using many skills), I dodge almost every attack. I also have 1.2k damage and 2.7k Attack with this build (but I have extreme dps gear that some don't have access too), so I hit hard and rarely miss a hit (never miss a hit with Smoke Bomb, but in an FFA that is a disadvantage to my group as I hit so often anyway).

With a high Dex (370), I like to put points in Smoke Bomb, Fast Reflexes and best of all, Poison Weapon. My poison weapon gives me 84 Poison Damage and my Fast Reflexes give me a little over 1k defence. Partnered with a mere 200 Health Sigils, it allows me to cover adds perfectly, and I'm always rushing to adds when they're called.

My stats are as follows:

Strength: 225(300) Golden Magic Blade
Dexterity: 295(370) Fast Reflexes Aggy Bracelet
Focus: 10
Vitality: 250

That is as a 151 Rogue. Feel free to try it out and see how you get on :)
You gave better gear than I assumed and you have adjusted accordingly.
Papi - Arawn - Beta 4
Glanmoric-Mage 120
Whuric-Druid 91
Volar-Warrior 91
Doriz-Ranger 70

Wow. :shock: That sounds so... AWESOME! Atm my rogue is pretty much dps with stats being 160.105.20.40

Health-292
Energy-109
Attack-656
Defence-210 (yeah its crap atm- ups to 275 if i have reflex on)
Damage-225
Armor-135

Equipment:

Armor- ancient lamellar helm and greaves, corbins bracers (+3 pierce), tanned darkrun jerkin,warden boots.
Weapons- Ancient dirk (33 pierce), killers silver baselard (12 pierce)
Necklaces- greater neck of health (+42), belenus necklace.
Braces-greater brace of venom (+4 poison dmg), mystic brace of the blade (+3 slashing dmg).
Rings- 2 antique rings of daggers (+50 dagger ability), revenant ring of energisation, glass ring of qs.

My rogue dodges okay is suppose, but I would like to get him to dodge better and to get more health. That said, Id like him to do serious dmg. If every level I distributed my stat pts as 2.2.0.1 would that work or no? Again, after I have about 100 energy. I'd like some hands-on advice from other rogues who have more xp than I do. Currently Im thinking about getting up to 80 vit as I lvl, then putting everything I cn into strength until I discover I need more health. atm Im thinking Id like 3k health on my rogue by the time he is lvl 120+ so that I can boss and if I do take that dang aggro that I always take (friends say its because the mobs and bosses think im cute????? :oops: ) I can at least not die within two hits of something.

skills i am using atm: sneaky(17-20), rend(14-20), qs(17-20), assasinate(2-20), meditation(5-20), bandage(10-20), reflex(2-20) sometimes, and recuperate(1-20).

Thx for any advice you may have. The above stats are things I gleaned from talking with various rogues and looking up different guides. Ty! :)
Belenus
Napstrike- 88+ DPS Rogue- Ninja Pirates
Napol- Ranger

Morrigan
Napol- 130+ Hybrid Ranger
Napol2- 83 DPS Rogue

You have a DPS Build and you probably have difficulty soloing.
STR means more damage per second.
DEX means a higher percent of hits and more dodges so you have more seconds in the fight.
If you stay in the range of 2 STR to 1 DEX and 1 STR to 2 DEX you will be fine. That range the trade offs are flat. You have 265 points in dex and str so your ratio is fine.
For DEX, the more dodges far outweighs the more hits so if you never get agro then STR is better for DPS.
But your lack of health means skill hits are death. Your health is so low connach cold seers can probably wipe you out with a single ice shards. IF you want to solo, your health needs to be 2 to 3 times your level.

When I was your level I had 5 STR 200 DEX 10 foc and 90 health with a heroic amulet of rejuv and only gear that dropped. put everything in poison reflex and quick. It worked well but I should have moved some dex to str.
Papi - Arawn - Beta 4
Glanmoric-Mage 120
Whuric-Druid 91
Volar-Warrior 91
Doriz-Ranger 70