Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Re: Mages STILL underpowered at high levels

I recently started playing this game again after quitting around last July. Is it my imagination or was the cool down time on some skills readjusted/reduced sometime since I left? I've been playing on a few different servers and trying a few classes just to test the waters. I got hooked on one mage toon I created and have been seeing how far I can lvl without investing in lux items etc. Maybe I'm just familiar with the game mechanics, but I've been actually having fun and am almost lvl 40 in just a matter of days. I'm noticing more people playing mage now than 6 months ago...is this a valid observation across all servers? I can see how mana management will be an issue moving forward depending on how I invest my skill points...I remember it being quite miserable with a lvl 90 something mage and lots of sigils, etc. So far with my lvl 40 I don't feel underpowered by any means and I have invested zero dollars into my character. I am reaching a point where running to the tavern for mana refill is starting to be a hassle and would love to get an amulet. The only thing I'd love to see is a slightly lower cool down on energy shield, but I'm not sure how much I would actually reduce it due to risk of becoming overpowered.
Welcome back. The mages have quicker casting but you will need to invest in one of the energy regen spells to keep up your dps.
Touch (Druid) 150
Spitfire (Mage) 160

I recently started playing this game again after quitting around last July. Is it my imagination or was the cool down time on some skills readjusted/reduced sometime since I left? I've been playing on a few different servers and trying a few classes just to test the waters. I got hooked on one mage toon I created and have been seeing how far I can lvl without investing in lux items etc. Maybe I'm just familiar with the game mechanics, but I've been actually having fun and am almost lvl 40 in just a matter of days. I'm noticing more people playing mage now than 6 months ago...is this a valid observation across all servers? I can see how mana management will be an issue moving forward depending on how I invest my skill points...I remember it being quite miserable with a lvl 90 something mage and lots of sigils, etc. So far with my lvl 40 I don't feel underpowered by any means and I have invested zero dollars into my character. I am reaching a point where running to the tavern for mana refill is starting to be a hassle and would love to get an amulet. The only thing I'd love to see is a slightly lower cool down on energy shield, but I'm not sure how much I would actually reduce it due to risk of becoming overpowered.
Welcome back. The mages have quicker casting but you will need to invest in one of the energy regen spells to keep up your dps.
Thank you! I thought something seemed different. I seem to recall doing a lot of standing around waiting for spells to cast, but not so much anymore.
Arawn

I am a mage but sadly I have to say that E shield shouldn't have a shorter cool down. Mages would be able to keep casting which will make it completely unfair to never take damage.
What lvl are you? Problem is that at high lvls you can't solo because shield breaks after 1-2 mobs (at 15-25% cool down) and you have to wait AGES to proceed. Shortening the cool down in PvE only would be awesome.
Selene (Mage) 134 | Xellaya (Druid) 110
Clan: Uskoci
World: Arawn

Wtf, why do mages complain about everything? Right now they are the Most powerful class in my opinion and I allways get owned by lower level Mages than me stop complaining I actually switched to mage cause of the "over powernes"
I dont believe mages are the strongest due to the energy u gotta keep up with
Other classes it isn't bad cuz they have weapons and hero gloves to keep hitting
We have to rely on our energy. To keep killing
With max energy shield 30/30 it takes 1k energy ad i only got 3.5k energy and fire an ice take 150-200 energy each cast ... So ya...
Vilicrrrrrrrex is back
Level 174 Ranger
Full Dragonlord (No wep still rocking the ancient wyrmbone)

STOP COMPLAINING ABOUT MAGES IF YOU DON'T HAVE A LEVEL 120+ MAGE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WHY COMPLAIN AND WANT TO NERF WHEN EVERY CLASS HAS ITS DISADVANTAGES!!!!!!!!

MAGE:
Pros:
high damage
psh pretty much it
Cons:
Need lures to do high damage
energy problems
low armor
no dps with melee
low health

ROGUE:
PROS:
high dps
high skills hit
decent armor
CONS:
decent armor
low health
slight energy problems (easily fixed with lux)

WARRIOR:
PROS:
very high armor
very high health
Good dps with switching between mountain shield and blade
CONS:
slight health regen problems

DRUID:
PROS:
outrageous heals
outrageous hps
CONS:
very low dps
decent to low health
slight energy problems
low armor

RANGER:
PROS:
extreme dps
bolas
CONS:
bad armor
decent hp

seriously guys :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:
Lv 130 active rogue
Coolbreezer
Long lost level 100 mage
Uziweaut

STOP COMPLAINING ABOUT MAGES IF YOU DON'T HAVE A LEVEL 120+ MAGE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WHY COMPLAIN AND WANT TO NERF WHEN EVERY CLASS HAS ITS DISADVANTAGES!!!!!!!!

MAGE:
Pros:
high damage
psh pretty much it
Cons:
Need lures to do high damage
energy problems
low armor
no dps with melee
low health

ROGUE:
PROS:
high dps
high skills hit
decent armor
CONS:
decent armor
low health
slight energy problems (easily fixed with lux)

WARRIOR:
PROS:
very high armor
very high health
Good dps with switching between mountain shield and blade
CONS:
slight health regen problems

DRUID:
PROS:
outrageous heals
outrageous hps
CONS:
very low dps
decent to low health
slight energy problems
low armor

RANGER:
PROS:
extreme dps
bolas
CONS:
bad armor
decent hp

seriously guys :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:
Im lvl 130 mage and i do complain about energy but i dont need to bother otm as they did enough for mages already
Vilicrrrrrrrex is back
Level 174 Ranger
Full Dragonlord (No wep still rocking the ancient wyrmbone)