Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Re: The Official Samhain 2012 Discussion Thread

What's with the armor being non class specific? It seems that the armor is geared more towards mages and druids. Also the look of the armor also looks like it is for druids and mages. Seriously? Why do I need focus on my rogue? Why can't we have armor that looks different for each class and helps each class? The armor rating is also about the same as Mage and druid armor.
Tacos
Herne
Lvl 128+ Rogue

What's with the armor being non class specific? It seems that the armor is geared more towards mages and druids. Also the look of the armor also looks like it is for druids and mages. Seriously? Why do I need focus on my rogue? Why can't we have armor that looks different for each class and helps each class? The armor rating is also about the same as Mage and druid armor.
I believe this was to offset the fact that summer armor was very melee class specific.
Papi - Arawn - Beta 4
GuildChief- / MageGuild (Chief)
Glanmoric-Mage 120
Duergath-Rogue 100 TheFamily Chief
Whuric-Druid 91
Volar-Warrior 91
Doriz-Ranger 70
"Growing old is for people who have forgotten how to play."

I believe this was to offset the fact that summer armor was very melee class specific.
This was definately overkill though, because only say 1 in 10 rogues (most likely way less) have radiant or any earthstone, let alone full set. Spiritshadow however, along with lower lvl versions, is available to everyone according to their lvl, so most likely 70-85% will have some type of shadow armor, that is, if the person decides its worth the time for something that is impractical fashion for all intents and purposes.
hatoyo- lvl 130 Rogue- Rhiannon
hat0y0- lvl 83 Druid- Rhiannon
Bluejay- lvl 68 warrior- Rhiannon
Banshee- lvl 51 ranger- Rhiannon
(name withheld)- lvl 46 Mage- Top-Secret

Also, if a mages Redoes their stats to a melee build, they get good use of radiant, but unfortunately, theres no 'caster' build rogues, rangers or warriors can use to help spirit shadow.

This armor was poorly thought out it seems (or they just were afraid of more OP accusations so they will castrate all new armor) the skill that does an ice cloak basically, only is in effect 10% of the time, and then does minescule dmg, and this dmg only works if youre being attacked. But you never want to be attacked in this armor, because the armor value is so small that i (rogue) die twice as fast wearing it (poor warriors its worse for them).

Honestly though, this armor isn't even that good for casters either, diamond adds more focus on all accept gloves, so I see mages wearing full diamond with only SS gloves on.

The only reason I collect this armor is because it looks cool, and i hope that in future we will be able to wear all gear as fashion (without stat bonuses of course) i think admin said its a possibility in my topic that asked for a fashion version of Samhain.

Wohooo I finally got full armor sets for all my toons. Yeaaa

Also I have been doing some testing. And for melee classes there are better armor choices but my Druid prefers
His darkshadow to warden and my Mage(111) has been testing the armors on the golums(120) next to the tower. The net result is my two sets are about the same. Diamond gives focus but the spirit skill makes up for it and I only need it with the 2 stars. I may get to sell my diamond pieces after all.
Papi - Arawn - Beta 4
GuildChief- / MageGuild (Chief)
Glanmoric-Mage 120
Duergath-Rogue 100 TheFamily Chief
Whuric-Druid 91
Volar-Warrior 91
Doriz-Ranger 70
"Growing old is for people who have forgotten how to play."

Woohoo... I also got full all three sets yesterday, now i just wear them while socializing in castle, and hope that one day regular equipt will work for fashion, so i can wear em everywhere without dying like crazy.