Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Re: Gladiator quests in Arena - a failure?

In Epona if you kill someone doing the quest you get cursed out and get a bad rep. I dont really think gladiators were meant for inciting PVP. If you stick a rare boss in there which drops great loot, you better believe you will get fights. There's no motivation when everyone can reasonably have a turn, unless there is some play animosity going on.

I don't know about other worlds. In Morrigan, instead of encouraging pvp or high levels "fighting" for the same mob, most are simply letting others finish their daily quest in peace. Very few actually interfere.

I don't think it's because Morrigan players are "polite" (don't get me wrong, a lot of them are), but I think it's simply because people don't want a bad reputation. If someone interferes with somebody, they know they will have a harder time completing their quests and they don't want that. So we just take our turns, and look the other way when someone beats you to it.

How about in your world? Do you guys actually fight over Ragnor or Crammok?
well in gwydion there are fights over ragnor and crammok(more at crammok then at ragnor) but cant say tht there are rlly many fights - juz some conflicts between certain players
Shepman-lvl171
shepdruid-lvl44 druid(abandoned currently using as bank)
Shepberry-lvl73 ranger
World:Gwydion
Clan:Solitaire
IF YOU WANNA DO SOMETHING JUST DO IT

I don't know about other worlds. In Morrigan, instead of encouraging pvp or high levels "fighting" for the same mob, most are simply letting others finish their daily quest in peace. Very few actually interfere.

I don't think it's because Morrigan players are "polite" (don't get me wrong, a lot of them are), but I think it's simply because people don't want a bad reputation. If someone interferes with somebody, they know they will have a harder time completing their quests and they don't want that. So we just take our turns, and look the other way when someone beats you to it.

How about in your world? Do you guys actually fight over Ragnor or Crammok?
Ikr! It's hilarious! I've actually had ppl being sooo mad at me for killing them when they were camping! I mean wtf... I never kill someone when they r doing their quest. But to me even the idea of camping a mob is really funny. And then being surprised when u get attacked even more so. :D someone told me they were camping in arena for 1 hour. Had they been doing normal lvling they would've gotten way more xp. XD
Selene (Mage) 134 | Xellaya (Druid) 110
Clan: Uskoci
World: Arawn

And another reason nobody wants to PVP is because classes are way unbalanced. Mages are OP and nobody wants to face them. 99% of rangers I come across have little HP bc they rely on bolas which sucks in the arena. Most people wont PVP outside of their class bc they feel it is too one sided, besides mages of course.
I don't necessarily agree. I've had ppl kill my Mage as well as me killing other people. What people tend to forgot is that a PvE and a PvP build is very different because your skills work differently and your opponent are a different difficulty lvl. IMO a Mage with PvP build has a lot more hp and not such a good shield.

Also, most depends on your armor/weapons. I was dueling a Mage who was 5 lvls lower then me and I lost every time with a PvE build and inferior armor (I had new stonevale armor, other Mage had diamond armor). Then you can't forget what rings, charms and necklaces ppl r wearing. They can add a lot to your character's power.

One major thing I really don't like is that you cannot do much tactics in pvp. A melee attacker can hit you from 15 meters distance (both of us were like wtf from that distance ? So it was that only I had lag...). And in the same way it's not cool that a melee can't evade casting by stepping aside. I think it's always funny when the fireball follows like a freaking smart bullet. Oo. (of course there r some casted things that should work even when opponent is moving, like incinerate since u set the target on fire. But fireball curving to follow its target is funny).

Of course now we come back to the fast that we have poorly working skills. It would be nice to cast some skills while on the move - ESP instant-cast spells. Hide/camo should work in pvp also. Play dead should make you Un-attackable. And let's not forget that sigils/Rez idols work in arena...

I get really annoyed when people decide to train abilities in the arena. Ragnar doesnt spawn that quickly so it really annoyed me when I walk in and someone is just hitting him with a carpet and then 30 minutes later I go and check and the guy is still hitting him. Im gonna start killing people who do that.
DarrenSharper
Blaze It - weedwizard (420)

In Epona if you kill someone doing the quest you get cursed out and get a bad rep. I dont really think gladiators were meant for inciting PVP. If you stick a rare boss in there which drops great loot, you better believe you will get fights. There's no motivation when everyone can reasonably have a turn, unless there is some play animosity going on.
This is so true. It would no longer be a ks fight, but a fight between clan vs. clan vs. boss. So many idols would be used. Not to mention allies and friends would get involved and next thing you know the whole serve would be at the arena. Personally, I love the idea.
Omnipotent Rogue 187+
LadyLust Mage 168+
Wolfgang of Mabon :)

This is so true. It would no longer be a ks fight, but a fight between clan vs. clan vs. boss. So many idols would be used. Not to mention allies and friends would get involved and next thing you know the whole serve would be at the arena. Personally, I love the idea.
Haha, we had that on arawn! Soooo much fun (IMO) :D but it gets really fun when ppl r more organized. I'm thinking of something along those lines:

Druid: help! X is attacking me
Warrior bashes, 2-3 dps kill him.

Reminds me of the good old beta days xD

Haha, we had that on arawn! Soooo much fun (IMO) :D but it gets really fun when ppl r more organized. I'm thinking of something along those lines:

Druid: help! X is attacking me
Warrior bashes, 2-3 dps kill him.

Reminds me of the good old beta days xD
Yeeeeeeessss! This happened between my clan and a rival clan. It was much fun, but us poor little support druids are the first to go. :cry: Just imagine a obelisk of crom spawning in the arena...That would be crazy as the boss takes about 30 min and if you have a billion people trying to kill you, it could take longer.
Last edited by Pretty_Entity on Fri Nov 16, 2012 4:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Omnipotent Rogue 187+
LadyLust Mage 168+
Wolfgang of Mabon :)