Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Skills vs Auto (Any fix?, or is it not broke?)

Admin,

I'm sure this is posted elsewhere, but I'm not doing a search.

Will there be any fix to the skills features that "add" damage to an attack?

In the "old" days, before all the crazy armor, rings, and bracelets became prevalent, the skill attack added a definite additional damage to an attack.

However, since it is weapon based, and does not account for the added dam gear you wear, at high levels, skill damage attacks are essentially useless. On the gladiator quest, my level 144 warrior can auto attack 500-700 depending on gear (radiant, pierce charm, drag rings), but when skilling, i range from 300-1000 (pummel and giant swing only), with the added delay of actually "casting" the skill. So actual dps is much lower if I use skills. (Sweeping blow is much much worse, with a range from 30-500 with maxed skill).

My question: Is there a plan to "fix" melee fighter skills to represent an actual added damage to the normal damage they might do? (much like added magic damage helm should actually work with mages/druids magic attacks and not melee). I find it a bit odd to NOT use my skills in a fight but have no choice as it actually slow the kill to do so. I am actually considering redoing skills to all non-attack skills (frenzy/bash/prot/endearing/taunt), since the attack skills are non-functional.

thanks for any responses.
Roguish Warrior, or Warrish Rogue
Rogue 194, Warrior 176, Druid 112, Ranger 111, Mage 100, Bank 71

Re: Skills vs Auto (Any fix?, or is it not broke?)

You might have a valid point here. I don't primarily play a warrior, but many I know say that pummel isn't worth putting points into because your auto attack gets the same or higher damage (with the right gear of course).

This
seems to be true for most non-casting classes. Str based Rogue has the same issue with Quick Strike. Str based Rangers also has the same issue with Sharp Shot.

IMO, this is a broken part of the game, mostly due to CH's inability to support other stats for Dmg source. ALL classes use Str.
World: Rhiannon

I have to agree there needs to be some change to all this. My rogue friend uses dmg rings and earthstone armor to manage to do more dmg by simply autoing instead of using skills. I think he told me he can get qs to do more dmg if he used qs rings, but he also said it costs too much energy to keep casting it. Now he ended up with only smoke bomb, sneaky, poison weap and assassinate.. Lol It seems to me it is pretty corrupt that u actually do more dps without using skills..
World: Rhiannon
Clan: InnerCircle
Juggernaut lvl180 warrior
MsRaindrop lvl190 druid

I think he told me he can get qs to do more dmg if he used qs rings, but he also said it costs too much energy to keep casting it.
At 30/30 Qs hits on average 6-7/10ths of an auto, at 39/30 (Royal and Grand Qs), it is on level, maybe JUST a bit better than my auto, but requires me to use a heroic ammy, 2 Invig bracelets and an Invig Ring!

The main problem I see for rogues is that QS is actually based on Strength, it's not like a Str based Ranger that has the option to change to a dex build to maximise their skills usage.
RAPIDx - 225 Rogue
Rhiannon GameChanger

———————————
Some Guy - 220 Rogue
Epona Prodigy

I agree. While I am leveling my lvl 30 warrior, maxed giant swing actually doesn't do much better damage than my auto lol. Not worth clicking. Definatly the same with pummel. The only thing good with pummel is it seems to hit more often than auto at these low levels.
Nerfed Mage ~140
Why play a class where skills cost more than other classes for same damage?
Why play a class with no auto attack?
Why play a class with 1/3 the armor?
Why play a caster?

Copy this sig! :)

Wiki: http://www.wisdomunderground.com/wiki