Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Re: Armor affects E Shield?

Subject pretty much says it all, but...

I don't see mob hits when e-shield is up, so can't tell, but with better armor (either via gear, or buff like druid bark), does e-shield take less dmg too?
This is an interesting point. Now I'm wondering the same thing.
Omnipotent Rogue 187+
LadyLust Mage 168+
Wolfgang of Mabon :)

Great Question!

Armor only affects how much energy you have. Heavier armor = less energy.

Does eshield take into account the armor and its bonuses?

Or do you take the full blast as if you were naked?

Can't test it because eshield doesn't show any numbers.

Great Question!

Armor only affects how much energy you have. Heavier armor = less energy.

Does eshield take into account the armor and its bonuses?

Or do you take the full blast as if you were naked?

Can't test it because eshield doesn't show any numbers.
You mixed up armor and weight in that first sentence. Armor affects how much damage you receive (though if it's from all sources or only physical i don't know).
However, whether mobs blows on e-shielf are affected by armot is an interesting question.
Most probably, either they are, or blows roll for damage are directly substracted from the amount of damage shield can hold before breaking down.

Damn... I'm constantly amazed by the questions that's never been asked :p

So how's about we all do some testing on this? I can't do much, having a lowlbie mage who doesn't have a lot of armor options. And E-shield is only self cast.

Right now, I Believe armor does affect it, as the couple of times I (mage) ran with a Druid Bark and I kept my shield (I usually take it down since Heal Druid complains about not doing any thing :p ) and it seemed to have lasted longer, but damn may just be observer error.
World: Rhiannon

Damn... I'm constantly amazed by the questions that's never been asked :p

So how's about we all do some testing on this? I can't do much, having a lowlbie mage who doesn't have a lot of armor options. And E-shield is only self cast.

Right now, I Believe armor does affect it, as the couple of times I (mage) ran with a Druid Bark and I kept my shield (I usually take it down since Heal Druid complains about not doing any thing :p ) and it seemed to have lasted longer, but damn may just be observer error.
I would have to agree. I my Eshield seems to last longer with a strong bark on me, with comparable bosses/Ph's.

Tog
Togarth Lvl 150 Mage World Sulis General of Clan Retribution 3rd Place in Marshall's Crystal Armor Event (ChuckNorris)

Since you can't see how much damage is taken on e-shield, I would think you need to use time for comparison. The easiest way to test this out (in my mind, anyway) would be to head to the arena/duel with a Druid. Have stopwatch or a clock with second hand available.

My initial thought would be to do as follows.

Test 1: Mage strips down, removing all items that give regen, resits, or anything else. Mage casts e-shield. Druid attacks and only uses auto Totem in the attack. Note the time until e-shield expires. Druid kills the Mage to end the test.

Heal up.

Test 2: Druid casts Bark on the Mage, and Mage casts e-shield on him/herself. (Note that if performing tests in the arena, you will need to go into the hallway to cast Bark). Druid auto attacks using only Totem. Note the time until e-shield expires. Druid kills the Mage to end the test.

Heal up.

Test 3: Druid casts Bark on the Mage, Mage casts e-shield. Druid attacks using a combination of Totem melee, and skills such as Vines, Lightning, and Storm, if possible. Note the time until e-shield expires. Druid kills Mage to end the test.

Heal up.

Test 4: Mage puts on his/her normal attire, which would hopefully be giving resists. Mage casts e-shield, Druid attacks using only Totem auto attack. Note time until e-shield expires. Druid kills Mage.

Heal up.

Test 5: Mage wearing armor, Druid casts Bark, Mage casts e-shield. Druid attacks using only auto Totem. Note time, Druid kills.

Heal up.

Test 6: Same as Test 5, but Druid attacks using melee and skills. Note time. Mage kills Druid to get back at him for the 5 prior deaths.

All tests should try to be consistent in attack times. ie. If you put up e-shield and immediately start the auto attack in Test 1, don't put up e-shield in the hall and then run to the arena for Test 2. E-shield, attack.

I would expect that having Bark/armor would allow you to take less melee damage, as Bark doesn't matter against magic. It should, in theory. I should note that I really have no idea how e-shield works, however, and am only commenting on an invite from Mariner. The way I think it works is that it is on a timer... but it can expire early if enough melee damage is taken. Is that correct?

I will also admit that there is no real reason for the Druid to kill the Mage to end each test, other than it is the only way that a Druid could beat a Mage. Well, to search for a reason I could say that the Bark buff would end upon death. But no... I just want to see a Druid kill the Mage. :D
-------------
Dersu of Herne
lvl 135+ Druid (Double Helix Build)
Clan Infection... of the Britannians family of clans.

Thanks Dersu!
The way I think it works is that it is on a timer... but it can expire early if enough melee damage is taken. Is that correct?
And yes, E-shield is on a timer, and has stated "health". So you either deplete the shield's health, or the timer runs out, what ever comes first. P.S. All dmg goes through shield first, not just melee. It's Somewhat similar to Druid's Abundance, except extra health is not replenish able (short of recasting), but a cast/recast gives Full power instead of extra tank to fill like Abund.
World: Rhiannon

Since you can't see how much damage is taken on e-shield, I would think you need to use time for comparison. The easiest way to test this out (in my mind, anyway) would be to head to the arena/duel with a Druid. Have stopwatch or a clock with second hand available.

My initial thought would be to do as follows.

Test 1: Mage strips down, removing all items that give regen, resits, or anything else. Mage casts e-shield. Druid attacks and only uses auto Totem in the attack. Note the time until e-shield expires. Druid kills the Mage to end the test.

Heal up.

Test 2: Druid casts Bark on the Mage, and Mage casts e-shield on him/herself. (Note that if performing tests in the arena, you will need to go into the hallway to cast Bark). Druid auto attacks using only Totem. Note the time until e-shield expires. Druid kills the Mage to end the test.

Heal up.

Test 3: Druid casts Bark on the Mage, Mage casts e-shield. Druid attacks using a combination of Totem melee, and skills such as Vines, Lightning, and Storm, if possible. Note the time until e-shield expires. Druid kills Mage to end the test.

Heal up.

Test 4: Mage puts on his/her normal attire, which would hopefully be giving resists. Mage casts e-shield, Druid attacks using only Totem auto attack. Note time until e-shield expires. Druid kills Mage.

Heal up.

Test 5: Mage wearing armor, Druid casts Bark, Mage casts e-shield. Druid attacks using only auto Totem. Note time, Druid kills.

Heal up.

Test 6: Same as Test 5, but Druid attacks using melee and skills. Note time. Mage kills Druid to get back at him for the 5 prior deaths.

All tests should try to be consistent in attack times. ie. If you put up e-shield and immediately start the auto attack in Test 1, don't put up e-shield in the hall and then run to the arena for Test 2. E-shield, attack.

I would expect that having Bark/armor would allow you to take less melee damage, as Bark doesn't matter against magic. It should, in theory. I should note that I really have no idea how e-shield works, however, and am only commenting on an invite from Mariner. The way I think it works is that it is on a timer... but it can expire early if enough melee damage is taken. Is that correct?

I will also admit that there is no real reason for the Druid to kill the Mage to end each test, other than it is the only way that a Druid could beat a Mage. Well, to search for a reason I could say that the Bark buff would end upon death. But no... I just want to see a Druid kill the Mage. :D
The real point of this is for the Druid to kill the Mage :P :lol:
Elrond99
Arawn
Druid 205