Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Re: OTM's goal is fun game not plat spending? Prove it.

I understand the point, it is just flawed. The game is possible without plat especially since camo brooms. It is a lot easier with plat which I feel is the intention.
K, I see your point too, though camo brooms have nothing to do with it, if someone cant afford plat, they cant afford 300k-1mill for transportation
hatoyo- lvl 130 Rogue- Rhiannon
hat0y0- lvl 83 Druid- Rhiannon
Bluejay- lvl 68 warrior- Rhiannon
Banshee- lvl 51 ranger- Rhiannon
(name withheld)- lvl 46 Mage- Top-Secret

not true, it is possible to get that much without plat, and when camo charms were available they were easy to get without plat
just sell any drops you get that the clan bank doesnt claim,
hah, my clan keeps all drops that are usuable for for any quest, whether that be dragon disc, remnant, or faery elmerald.
Anyhow, not saying noone is gonna get camo broom without plat, just that itll cause more ppl to buy $100-200 plat for the broom than ppl getting all 500k plat free and thus not needing as much idols, so it hardly supports guffy's arguement in the way he meant.
hatoyo- lvl 130 Rogue- Rhiannon
hat0y0- lvl 83 Druid- Rhiannon
Bluejay- lvl 68 warrior- Rhiannon
Banshee- lvl 51 ranger- Rhiannon
(name withheld)- lvl 46 Mage- Top-Secret

Isn't the OP making two points?

1) Druid Rez is mostly useless in a fight because there is not an associated HP refresh. This means idols are used instead , perhaps all the time.

2) The lava fields stop a lot of skills working so many classes are forced to use Plat Items to get to that part of the game.

I can see a lot of validity in the first argument.

Yes OTM needs real money to run the game but game balance and player satisfaction is important too. "No players means no OTM" is just as true as "No real money means no CH". It is a tight rope for the company and it is legitimate for players to voice concerns because this will help OTM map Dev work and the games future focus.

I am not high enough level for the Lava fields but I think all parts of the game should be playable without real money. Some people are agreeing with the OP and some with the ever polite Guffy. Guess I will find out after I level up some more.

I do wish every time someone discusses prices or Platinum etc there wouldn't be this knee jerk reaction about OTM needing money and we should just accept our lot. It is possible for the company to adjust or tweak their revenue model and survive quite nicely. So idols (and health potions) don't HAVE to be such a protected income stream and the Druid skill could be adjusted without destroying the game.

One example of changing money raising focus might be to have more Plat vanity items. I suspect many players will buy gold with plat to get the new Brooms therefore helping to fund the game. How about a talisman that makes you sparkly like the cakes from the last event? I can see a segment of players snapping that up for a few real dollars.
Landoril 221 Ranger
Denoril 170 Rogue
Hateril. Hat holder
Pageril...well you get the idea

Epona (The little server that could)

lol how else would they make money? Think about that. If there were no plat purchases, they would just be creating a free game, for everyone to enjoy, and they have no benefits.
And there you have the perfect example.

James, can't the company change some of the ways they make money without going bust? And I don't mean reduce revenue.

If they adjusted the Druid spell people would still buy Idols. Similarly there should be changes possible to the Lava fields so that Idols get you across more easily but not totally negating the various skills affected by constant damage. Perhaps reduce effectiveness rather than cancel them out.
Landoril 221 Ranger
Denoril 170 Rogue
Hateril. Hat holder
Pageril...well you get the idea

Epona (The little server that could)