Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

A mage: from a rogues perspective

Mages at a high level can match to a rogues damage.
A mages focus increase his/hers damage, but also increases the effectiveness of a skill that makes him/her impervious to damage.
The majority of Aggragoth loot greatly benefits a mage, EG, Focus bracelets or Grimoires (increases energy and the effectiveness of all skill, Including Energy shield).
A mage doesn't have to stand next to a boss, especially useful on a boss with area damage skills.
A mage has energy boost, a skill which restore they energy that power their spells.
A mage has Cloak of Fire, a skill that inflicts fire damage on a attacking mob.
A mage has diamond armour, armour which greatly increases their skills and energy.
A mage can use a Master's Grimoire and a Crown of Wizardry, which both increase energy and skills.

For these reasons and many more, i don't see where all these mages complain; Anyone who has any opinions on this please feel free to voice them and try not to go off topic on responses.

Thanks,
Robert.
“Brevity is the soul of wit.”

Re: A mage: from a rogues perspective

Ok Robert, so your whole "spiel" there u had a few points but, your whole focus thing does not make us impervious to damage and 100 focus adds around 30-50 damage to spells. So you see with all 300 points of extra focus you can get from armor dosnt add that much damage.
Zagic lvl 185 mage
Zhealer lvl 100 druid
Zrute lvl 94 warrior
Zologolas lvl 82 ranger
Zhief lvl 57 rouge
clan Wolfgang
world mabon

You just listed almost everything that mages find problems with... This would take a LOT of explaining. :oops: Where's Tony or Mdimarco?
If you have problems, please explain simply what they are rather than waiting for other? :-/ I'm thinking this is all just a bandwagon effect with everyone following 2 people's oppinions.
“Brevity is the soul of wit.”

Mahaha no, definitely not.

Allow me to explain a bit :
Most non-damage skills (aka energy boost, lures, shield) don't scale with focus. Or very little.
Energy boot maxed regen approxiamtely 0,5% of total mana per tick. When most spells use more than 3 times this amount per cast.
Cloak of fire works but only if you have energy shield up, otherwise you're dead before it does any of a difference.
Energy shield costs almost 1/6 of the energy bar each time you use it. Also really long cooldown.
Wand doesn't deal any damage.
Lures are required to deal significant damage end even then it's utterly random (i for one get anything for 230 to 590 with ice lures on mobs 15 levels under me). Also many misses.

I think that pretty much sums it up.

heres what i say, at a high level mages CANNOT match a rogues, rangers, or dps build warriors damage

HOWEVER they can effectively double the damage of everyone in the group

mages have a HUGE energy issue which pretty ,much forces them into sigils at high levels

mages have too many spells to be able to have an efficient build as well as use their energy regen spells

the only problem i disagree with is mages upset about their damage, i personally feel they should be ok with being major support, mid dps
however the mechanics with energy for mages does need fixed
pigman, with the fury of the pigs and the mind of a man
level 210+ rogue
Morrigan
Avalon
put your pants on, we're going out

You just listed almost everything that mages find problems with... This would take a LOT of explaining. :oops: Where's Tony or Mdimarco?
If you have problems, please explain simply what they are rather than waiting for other? :-/ I'm thinking this is all just a bandwagon effect with everyone following 2 people's oppinions.
Hahahahahahahahahahahaha 2 people?! I don't mean to sound insulting but you obviously have not checked out the many other mage posts. I am just one out of many VERY annoyed mages. I'm waiting for others to reply because I am seriously tired in real life typing soooo much. :lol:

heres what i say, at a high level mages CANNOT match a rogues, rangers, or dps build warriors damage

HOWEVER they can effectively double the damage of everyone in the group

mages have a HUGE energy issue which pretty ,much forces them into sigils at high levels

mages have too many spells to be able to have an efficient build as well as use their energy regen spells

the only problem i disagree with is mages upset about their damage, i personally feel they should be ok with being major support, mid dps
however the mechanics with energy for mages does need fixed
Tbh i'd not mind being able to do both, but also being able to choose one and rock it. Just like druids can choose support and be great, or dps and be a little below average to a little above depending on build, mages should be able to deal tremendous damage (not dps, just direct damage per skill), or cast powerful debuffs, or pick a little of both.
But yes, before all we need some fixes in energy regen.

Mages at a high level can match to a rogues damage.
A mages focus increase his/hers damage, but also increases the effectiveness of a skill that makes him/her impervious to damage.
The majority of Aggragoth loot greatly benefits a mage, EG, Focus bracelets or Grimoires (increases energy and the effectiveness of all skill, Including Energy shield).
A mage doesn't have to stand next to a boss, especially useful on a boss with area damage skills.
A mage has energy boost, a skill which restore they energy that power their spells.
A mage has Cloak of Fire, a skill that inflicts fire damage on a attacking mob.
A mage has diamond armour, armour which greatly increases their skills and energy.
A mage can use a Master's Grimoire and a Crown of Wizardry, which both increase energy and skills.

For these reasons and many more, i don't see where all these mages complain; Anyone who has any opinions on this please feel free to voice them and try not to go off topic on responses.

Thanks,

Robert.
Let me ask u something have u played mage ? And what's your lvl on mage and rouge
16 boxer!! All Seeing One
Owner of 6 camos,2 broom of dooms,white carpet , 2011 HP pendant
First to take Necro down!!!

Not just joining the bandwagon, there is serious flaws with mage. A mage should not have to use a lure to inflict normal amount of damage. A lure should be compounding the damage IMO. The consistency of mage skill hits for me firebolt does between 250 and 500+ and ice shards anywhere from 300 to 1100. Just not consistent enough, plus you have to use lures just to do that damage firebolt and ice shards are maxed and 10 in lures basically I have to use 35/25 skill points just to do a basic mage cast. Does your rogue have to use 35\25 to get the full impact out of quick strike?
DR Derp of Donn
Meh