Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

What happened to Mages? [RANT]

Really and truly, WHAT HAPPENED? Why is it everything is so backward and terribly wrong? Damage, energy, gear,... Are there any test going to see how to balance these things because Mages ARE suffering and it seems like OTM is just abandoning us. Please don't call the latest patch a 'fix' because it most certainly was not! And I don't want to hear about "only a temporary solution". Does anyone even understand the problems that people are complaining about?

Let see... Energy regeneration. Why does it have to be so low? Lets assume for one moment that limiting energy regen and forcing many to buy hundreds of sigils is not about making profit. Is this really meant to limit the melee classes? From how my friends explain it, they have problems but they agree that they are nothing compared to what mages have to face when dealing with energy. In the recent patch OTM has shown that they can in fact change the casting speed and alter mages. Was this helpful? I guess so. Did it improve energy regeneration? No! It made it about 20% worse!(maybe not 20 but you get the idea) Do people understand what it is like to be called in for a boss and not be able to keep up damage because 'grr my energy is running out'? Or maybe go leveling with a friend but then not keep up your damage because 'sry, my energy ran out'? And then try out a 4 star mob with that same friend and at the last few moments when if you had enough energy you could kill it with ice shards, but then it just kills you both and you waste time on an elixer. The worst part would be having to tell your friend 'noooooo, sry man, my energy ran out and I couldn't do anything'! I know there has been a boost to the effectiveness of energy boost and sacrifice but 85 per tick is not enough! When I cast damage spells it usually goes: lure of ice, ice shards, lure of fire, and then firebolt. All of this uses up almost 1k of energy and then I cast firebolt every few seconds which brings my energy lower and lower till I can't cast anymore. At that point have to hope that whatever I have to kill is almost dead or else I am dead.

Now how about damage. I have long since given up hope for being able to out dps a rogue but now a warrior is beating me! Warriors have armor, health, and (if they so choose) decent dps. HAHA nope! Not just decent but BETTER than mine. With maxed ice shards, lure of ice, fire bolt, lure of fire, and focus, I could NOT out dps a warrior that was actually tanking the mob. And by the way, I had 41/30 ice shards and 35/30 fire bolt. Faster casting helps but should this still be possible? I certainly do not believe so.

Hmm... Mage gear... I accept that as mages we should have terrible(and yes i mean the worst) armor but what about some necessary things like focus? It was already discussed in other posts that frozen armor(the supposed best in the game at the moment) needs focus instead of energy. Energy is nice but Mages rely more on the focus points themselves for more powerful spells and damage. Why can't we have focus instead? I have heard the argument that adding focus to frozen would eliminate the need for crystal(diamond) but it does not. There are still many loops that people have to go through to get from warden to meteoric and eventually frozen. It is necessary to have the 'in between' for people to use during the process of obtaining the items required for the quest. Last, but defineitly not least, is the radiant armor. Only the helm and gloves are useful and maybe the greaves to help with the interruptions but nothing else is worthwhile. How come the summer event is almost over and there was not a single fix? I think the breastplate, which offers 500 attack, should give a huge amount of focus for Mages and Druids. It's simply not fair to have armor that is meant for melee classes. The gear itself is even called 'greaves' which basically only strengthens the fact that its not for spell casters.

I know some things here may be a bit harsh and rude but right now I am SUPREAMLY aggitated with what OTM has (or should I say has not) done for Mages. How is anyone supposed to enjoy playing a playing a game when everytime they log in, they are immediately faced with all of these problems and not a single solution?
Last edited by Vraelan on Sat Oct 13, 2012 9:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Re: What happened to Mages? [RANT]

Agreed V!!!

My sequence of attack is this. Depending on # of stars of monster. Almost the same as yours.

Energy Shield, wait till half restored then I can cast it again.
Lure Of Ice
Ice Shards
Lure Of Fire
Firebolts.

Depending on the star of the monster and if I need to conserve energy for second eshield, I use my crappy wand.

Otherwise I fire firebolts till I'm out of energy and use my (crappy) did i mention its crappy, wand.

I kind of see what you're saying, but you want to have skills on high damag but don't want to deal with the energy? Try switching up your damage rings for energy boost and sacrifice if you're that desperate for the energy, but maybe invest in sigils? They're really worth it.
“Brevity is the soul of wit.”

Agreed V!!!

My sequence of attack is this. Depending on # of stars of monster. Almost the same as yours.

Energy Shield, wait till half restored then I can cast it again.
Lure Of Ice
Ice Shards
Lure Of Fire
Firebolts.

Depending on the star of the monster and if I need to conserve energy for second eshield, I use my crappy wand.

Otherwise I fire firebolts till I'm out of energy and use my (crappy) did i mention its crappy, wand.
Lol I gave up on the wand a long time ago. I just use a dark grimoire of frost which grants me 125 focus:). Did I mention that I mention that I had this when the warrior out dpsed me? -.-

I kind of see what you're saying, but you want to have skills on high damag but don't want to deal with the energy? Try switching up your damage rings for energy boost and sacrifice if you're that desperate for the energy, but maybe invest in sigils? They're really worth it.
Based on the current formula for energy boost, more rings would not provide sufficient energy regeneration for a mage to continue casting indefinitely unless I somehow bring up energy boost to 50/30. And what about other mages? Some may not be as fortunate as me in being able to obtain these rings. I also have 300 sigils and I do not wish to buy another...hmm...maybe 500 now? And again some people may not even have sigils. What about them?

Rogues have the problem of high damage, they die fast, mages have high damage, they use energy fast, rogues use idols, mages use restoration pots? Problem solved.
Wow, I have to admit, that's a really nice comparison but its not entirely correct. First of all, mages like me would end up using 10 restoration potions in the same time period that a rogue may use ONE idol. Second, during boss fights a tank is there so a rogue can dps away without fear of being attacked. During this time a mage still has to use many restoration potions. And idols bring you back to life with full health but not energy which is yet another thing that I forgot to mention.

Based on the current formula for energy boost, more rings would not provide sufficient energy regeneration for a mage to continue casting indefinitely unless I somehow bring up energy boost to 50/30. And what about other mages? Some may not be as fortunate as me in being able to obtain these rings. I also have 300 sigils and I do not wish to buy another...hmm...maybe 500 now? And again some people may not even have sigils. What about them?
The dual effect of less energy usage and more energy regeneration.

The dual effect of less energy usage and more energy regeneration.
Hmm, yes a suggestion that will work but then damage will take a dive. To bring my spells down to a level that will allow energy regen to actually help would also lower my normal damage to a point where its not worth it.

Rogues have the problem of high damage, they die fast, mages have high damage, they use energy fast, rogues use idols, mages use restoration pots? Problem solved.
Wow, I have to admit, that's a really nice comparison but its not entirely correct. First of all, mages like me would end up using 10 restoration potions in the same time period that a rogue may use ONE idol. Second, during boss fights a tank is there so a rogue can dps away without fear of being attacked. During this time a mage still has to use many restoration potions. And idols bring you back to life with full health but not energy which is yet another thing that I forgot to mention.
Maybe, but take all of my posts into account, Less energy usage from the less rings, more energy regen from energy boost along with pots like rogues have to use idols.

Now, let' take a Ignus boss fight, Lava damage, quake area damage and a fire shield, i personally have to wait for timers to go down before i can respawn most of the time, and a mage doesn't take any of the fire shield damage since they use skills, they also aren't affected by quake like a rogue, so a rogue would probably use more idols than a mage would use pots unless the mage is filled with damage rings and not using energy boost; Rogues may also have to use pots to keep their health up (Like me).