Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Another Community Manager? Oh My!

Hey folks,

You can call me to Tadaaah! I'm just joining the Celtic Heroes team in Thailand. I've been quietly watching the forums the last couple weeks and can tell there's quite a bit work to get started on. BUT FIRST! I'll give you a bit of background on myself. Then, I'll try to answer some questions I'm sure yáll have.

I've been working in video games for over 5 years now in the community sector. I've been working in mobile the last few years but started in PC/Console. I've had the pleasure of working on some really cool titles such as FFXIV:ARR, WAKFU, and WoT:Console. I'm excited to be back in the expansive worlds of MMOs and RPGs.

I am a lover of food and a firm believer that it is the most unifying of all religions. I judge sporting arenas based on their hot dogs. Honestly, I judge the entire world on this criteria. I beg my friends when they visit to bring me Taco Bell. I don't like pumpkin or pumpkin flavored anything. I love to cook, so I'm down for an all-day Food of the Gods cooking livestream marathon!

Now, time for some of the burning questions:
What is happening to Glasgow office? Are the rumors true?
I saw a lovely little post on the forums today about "some Asian game". Yes, clearly as I'm based in Thailand, we do now have a studio here. The team is smaller than ten people including management. The secret game we're working on??? A localized version of Celtic Heroes. Sorry to disappoint, but currently all staff is working on Celtic Heroes.

Are you replacing Muldar?
No, I will not be replacing Muldar. Muldar is still your go-to person for all things Celtic Heroes. There's no way I'm going to catch up to yáll in-game anytime soon and Muldar has been with your for more than two years now. I will be relying on him, as well as the community, for a crash course in knowledge.

What will you be doing then!?
To begin with, we will be focusing on opening some lines of communication between developers and players. In order to do this, we'll be setting up some channels and processes internally. So I apologize ahead of time for the delay! As we're in two vastly different time zones, this is going to take some time and effort. After some internal processes are ironed out, you should start seeing more content on our social media channels (this will be a chunk of my focus). Once we have started to get back into a good rhythm, I will turn my focus towards programs and other behind the scenes items that will (hopefully) benefit the community going forward and on future games.

So introduce yourself if Muldar is still our go-to?
Especially in the beginning, you will be seeing quite a bit of me here on the forums. I hope to ask a lot of questions and get a lot of feedback. I've made some observations and will be going through some threads. I look forward to getting to know the community.

If you have any questions for me, please feel free to leave them. Again, I'm in Thailand, so I may not answer right away, but I will answer them!

Re: Another Community Manager? Oh My!

That’s really cool. Welcome to the community.

Will content be developed in the new studio in parallel to the Glasgow studio?
There is development happening in parallel. This isn't relevant to many of you here, but if you were to start a new toon, you would experience a new tutorial. Additionally, 2-3 new fashions were included in this update. That is the first portion of development players can see that has come out of this studio.

To the Freezerburn/Chrysaor: I can't answer PM's yet! Sorry! I am playing the game. I am a level 40 Ranger on Rosmerta. I'm part of TheReal. Additionally, I will be starting different class toons on different servers. Unfortunately, it is going to take me quite some time to get to the end game to fully understand some of the frustrations of the community. That being said, I am more than happy to jump in weekly (or more so) to chat with players live in-game and/or on livestream.

Additionally, I prefer people post to the forums vs PMíng me. If you have a question or suggestion, there are likely others that have the same question or would like to build off your suggestion.

Re: Another Community Manager? Oh My!

There is development happening in parallel. This isn't relevant to many of you here, but if you were to start a new toon, you would experience a new tutorial. Additionally, 2-3 new fashions were included in this update. That is the first portion of development players can see that has come out of this studio.
From what I've seen, the fashions look really cool, and I did catch part of the new tutorial on one of my newer toons (well appreciated, and very helpful in introducing aspects of the game that were unclear when I first started. :D)
I am a level 40 Ranger on Rosmerta. I'm part of TheReal. Additionally, I will be starting different class toons on different servers.
(Lugh could use some new, level-headed individuals ;))

Happy hunting!

Pegasus Lugh Signature & Profile artwork by Angmar Reid
Mindreader ♥ Lethal Ninja (Doge Dandolo/Photon/Shazaam/Staboteur)
AH Dupe Glitch, Community Discord, Database, Bitey's Guide

Support isn't on forums; email issues to support@onethumbmobile.com