Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Papi

Doing this is against my nature because I am paranoid about identity theft so I keep my personal information very close. I do not have a facebook account but I did create one for my clan. This is basically a summary of what I have already posted in multiple other threads.

Personal: I’m in my late 40s. Have a Masters in Physics, have done research in software usability and have coded for a living. I currently work in the field of software design assurance as a teacher of software engineers. I have 12 children, 3 of which are in Heaven. My youngest joined the other two in March. He was 3. My shrink says I spend my time on this game as grief avoidance. I can't disagree. I spent 14 years in the Marine Corps so I understand a bit about strategy and tactics.

Gaming Background: I have been playing RPGs since high school. I remember the excitement when Gary Gygax first released the Players Handbook and DMG, and also fondly remember playing Wizardry on the Apple II. (I still remember that to cast a fireball you had to type Mahalito at the command line.) I still keep a copy of Wizardry Gold on my laptop.
Disclaimer - as a general rule I do not prefer structured games where you are restricted from doing something because you were forced to pick a “class” I much prefer having the choice to wear armor and carry a sword knowing that the encumbrance will limit my spell casting. But that is what we have so let’s work with it.

CH Info: I live on Arawn, most of my toons are in Uskoci, and I am the Chief of the Arawn MageGuild. My main Glanmoric is a pure mage. No sigs, never spent any plat on potions or elixirs or idols. I believe the class should stand on its own. Plat is to accelerate the game not to make a broken class viable. I am an outspoken advocate of Mage issues. My alts are for when I get bored of my mage, or to fulfill a purpose my main can’t (My warrior was created for the exclusive purpose of AFK gold farming)

Philosophy: I am a problem solver and am constantly looking for solutions that address multiple issues trying to satisfy the critical points on both sides of an argument. We are all enlisted in the service of Lord Lir. We should be working together not against each other. This is a game. I'm here to have fun, not to have drama. I have five girls and a life full of drama and I don't want it here. I have a job where I work. This game should not be work. A little grinding is fine but the goal is to have fun not to be bored to tears grinding, just to have your hard work KSed away from you by some childish jerk who was given daddy's credit apple and now has delusions of celtic godhood.

Hobbies: Workign with my hands, mostly in wood, I volunteer for the Boy Scouts of America, Favorite topics of conversation are religion and politics. I'm also a day trader dealing in options and had a little experience in forex.
Papi - Arawn - Beta 4
GuildChief- / MageGuild (Chief)
Glanmoric-Mage 120
Duergath-Rogue 100 TheFamily Chief
Whuric-Druid 91
Volar-Warrior 91
Doriz-Ranger 70
"Growing old is for people who have forgotten how to play."

Re: Papi

Hey Papi,
Wonderful to have you here on the forums and in the game!
Do you think the older RPGs like Wizardry still hold up and play well today?
Do you still have fun playing PacMan? Are board games still fun? I still enjoy the old games. Getting harder with processor speeds and operating systems not really being backward compatable.
Graphics do not make a game. One of my biggest diapointments in Update 3 was the overemphasis of graphics changes. It looked as if you hired new graphics guys and they needed something to do. Instead of changing how crookbacks look or how the leystones now look like your being irradiated, you could have implemented an auction house. Or fixing the bugs. Dont fix what is not broken. In the next few years I will probably start my younger kids in a paper RPG campain. It helps with math and imagination to have to visualize everything and work it out.

Trivia point; At the begining of my sophomore year in high school I went to my annual physical and my doc asked the typical bedside manner questions. When I told him I played D&D he looked shocked and went to my file. After a little reading he asked if I had just recently started playing. He was right I had only been playing a few months. "Well that explains it." he said. My grades were too low for a D&D player. "Give it a year and the game will improve your grades." He was right. My GPA went from 2.2 to 3.7 in 3 years and in the end got me a masters in one of the hardest fields of study. There is great educational value in choosing to memorize a players handbook and exploiting loopholes in conflicting rules. My favorite was how arrows always broke on use but an arrow was basically a piece of wood. Wands were also just a piece of wood so I had my Hobbit Thief learn fletching and would convert every wand we found into an arrow. All arrows break and when you break a wand it releases all its energy. Didn't even have to roll to hit. Just had to break the wand of fireballs close to the target.
Papi - Arawn - Beta 4
Glanmoric-Mage 120
Whuric-Druid 91
Volar-Warrior 91
Doriz-Ranger 70

Lol um...Hobbit Thief? Or Halfling? You ***! I loved D&D, although it definately prolonged my virginity as a kid :roll:

(RANT: for some reason various forum nooblets feel like *** is a bad word, it's an endearment here, and even if it wasn't and I truly was trying to draw attention to some enigmatic parentage...that's not a bad word, just a mean one. /endRANT)

Love your information man, yer a hero of mine. As over used and trite as that word has become, I say it with true regard.

I dig yer constant propagation for a better Mage, in both play style and conception. Not an OverPowered class, but a fair and balanced one. I think your stance and your intelligence is made clear in all yer posts, and yer a key asset to the forums in all discussions. Now that said, oftentimes I disagree, but I don't fault you for being wrong. :lol:
Teaweasel 121 Druid (Morrigan, Clan: Avalon, On Hiatus)
Teaweasel 133 Druid (Arawn, Retired)
Best Build is a 30/30 in Thinking for yerself ;)

Now that said, oftentimes I disagree, but I don't fault you for being wrong. :lol:
Halfling, hobbit, tomato, tomAto.
I love you too Tea. You are my favorite obnoxious New Yorker where insults are compliments.
I thougth I was wrong once but I was mistaken.
Papi - Arawn - Beta 4
Glanmoric-Mage 120
Whuric-Druid 91
Volar-Warrior 91
Doriz-Ranger 70

Now that said, oftentimes I disagree, but I don't fault you for being wrong. :lol:
Halfling, hobbit, tomato, tomAto.
I love you too Tea. You are my favorite obnoxious New Yorker where insults are compliments.
I thougth I was wrong once but I was mistaken.
Well I bet you could Climb Walls and Back Stab with the best of them! Anyone recall the "Gord the Rogue" book series By Gary Gygax? I too had a full set of Polyhedral dice.

Ah the all nighters.

Tog
Togarth Lvl 150 Mage World Sulis General of Clan Retribution 3rd Place in Marshall's Crystal Armor Event (ChuckNorris)