Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

I think my character is bugged, can't enter certain doors/maps, makes the game unplayable

I just started playing today. Started going through the beginner tutorial stuff. So far so good.

Then my quest marker wants me to go into the castle. Ok, I walk up to the front gate, flanked by the two beefy guards who tell me something along the lines of "you sneaky rangers can't be trusted, but go inside anyway"

I mash my face against the door for 5 minutes and nothing happens, so I wonder if it's not actually the door I'm supposed to go in? I tried completely quitting the game and relogging, didn't fix it.

I end up running all the way to the southern entrance, where I can finally enter the castle.

So I figure ok, weird bug, but I can deal with it. I carry on questing, did some bounties, stuffed a few more chickens into my pants along with a whole fields'-worth of wheat.

Ultimately, I end up with a quest to enter Crack... Crags-something Hollow, which I see is a large, dark cave entrance with a bunch of goblin-ish things outside (not the type of goblin that for some reason is dropping Christmas boxes in the middle of August)

So I mash my face against the darkness of the cave entrance... and I can't go inside it.

Wtf.

Half this game doesn't even work, and I'm about to give up. I've sent support requests but I figured maybe someone knows how I can fix this without waiting X days/weeks for a reply, because it's not that interesting of a game so far (no offense intended) and I'll probably find something else to play soon anyway. It's so close to hooking me, but it's currently not worth the difficulties I'm experiencing.

Any assistance would be appreciated.

Re: I think my character is bugged, can't enter certain doors/maps, makes the game unplayable

Did you check your quest log to make sure there isn't anyone else you need to talk to or anything you have to do before entering the castle through that main door? I believe there's a guy at the crossroads just before the castle that you need to speak with, as well as a few quests to do once you get out of the initial area - killing some wolves and deer etc.

It seems to me like somehow you missed a step in the main questline, which is needed to unlock several of the areas.
Have questions about anything? PM me!
Alternatively, you can rarely find me online in Sulis.
Go team #WorldSkillsUSA2019!
Harbinger of cold hard logic and reason.
Check out the player-run Celtic Heroes Database!: celticheroesdb.com!

Re: I think my character is bugged, can't enter certain doors/maps, makes the game unplayable

Thanks for the response.

These are the quests I currently have in progress:

-On The Prowl
-Blair's Bows
-Cold as Ice
-The Man in Black
-Scraps for Bogan
-A Plague of Rats
-Studying the Stones
-The Chessmen
-Pledge Again
...(pause while the game crashes because I scrolled down my quest log)
-Golden Opportunity
-Strike it Lucky
-Super Skills
-Red Winterblight Crown

I believe "The Man in Black" is the main quest, which is what wants me to go into Crookback Hollow.

I've already spoken to/done all the quests for the NPCs at the bottom of the hill towards the castle entrance. Mara the Hunter and everything in the vicinity.

Hmmm....yeah that's weird. I haven't really heard of anyone who got stuck anywhere in the questline from a bug, let alone that early on. That really sucks.

You could perhaps try uninstalling and reinstalling the game? Support is quite backed up right now, so you probably won't get a response for another week or so (yes it's a fairly crazy wait time, I know).
Have questions about anything? PM me!
Alternatively, you can rarely find me online in Sulis.
Go team #WorldSkillsUSA2019!
Harbinger of cold hard logic and reason.
Check out the player-run Celtic Heroes Database!: celticheroesdb.com!