Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Re: Wondering if I could get a second opinion?

Its ez to do really I used to play with progs like that many years ago, it changes the value of any digit or u can even change things that aren't set values such as health bars.
But it only works on your end of the display temporarily unless you have the full "game" on your computer.
On online games only part of the data is stored in your memory and when the value is inputed through the systems it doesn't match in the severs files so it gets changed back to what it should be. Plat values can also be changed long enough to take a screen shot or in this case a scam.
Devs could fix this by storing certain files on there server and takes the code off ours.
Really fun to do on old games that u have the full version of or even new ones.
Its just some code that we have on our end that we should not.

Re: Wondering if I could get a second opinion?

Duff,

I'm familiar with hex editors and memory editors as you mention here, but as you also mentioned - they only work on the host machine and wouldn't affect anyone else. I'm not sure how OTM has coded their trade windows, but it's very unlikely that any information is hosted locally. I'm pretty sure it's server-side, which means this hack involves network packet hacking or something of the sort.

Either way, it does suck that people do this sort of thing, but in all the other cases I've seen across other online games I've never once seen an item returned to the unfortunate victim of the scam. It's terrible because we don't even know who to trust anymore.
Android | Lir
Kevdo | Rogue
Master Kevin | Druid