Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Question on accounts

I saw recently someone claim that they have never shared or logged someone else’s account before which is a straight out lie but that is beside the point entirely. This question is directed towards VR in particular as many players give very differing answers to this question meaning the player base also does not know where this lies either.

What are the rules regarding gifting an account to family? Say you and your brother both play and your brother quits and then gives you the account to do what you like with it. Whether you strip it and use the gear or level it and use it as a locker or camper. Does this differ to what would normally be classified as buying/trading accounts or does this fall under the same criteria? I feel like this could be a bit of a grey area
Arawn
Ventius - level 227 ranger of dawn
Epona
Ventius - level 222 noob ranger of Enigma
Belenus
Ventius - level 163 druid

RIP badabing

Your newest blue name who has dreams to one day be purple

Re: Question on accounts

I'm not sure you will be able to get an official answer on this. In my opinion, it is a grey area..but borders more on then "wrong" side.

First off, it is technically sharing an account. So it is wrong, and can cause the account to be banned.

However, I think it mostly depends on what you do with it...For example, if you only use it to camp, it might be okay...whereas if you were using it for boss fights or started making it your own character, it should be banned (because you didn't put the effort into it, it's the same as if you got the account from someone random).

I was in that same place a couple times (several years ago), my brother played CH for a while, then got bored and quit, giving me all his stuff. I ended up jumping on his iPad once or twice (while he was off at school) so I could quickly transfer something over that I needed right then, but that was it.

The way I see it, it isn't really a big deal unless it starts to impact the game for other players. If someone else put the effort into building the character, then you start to use it for your own purposes, then it's unfair for any of your competition and the account should be banned.

In the end, I would say it's better to be safe and don't use the account.
Have questions about anything? PM me!
Alternatively, you can rarely find me online in Sulis.
Go team #WorldSkillsUSA2019!
Harbinger of cold hard logic and reason.
Check out the player-run Celtic Heroes Database!: celticheroesdb.com!

Re: Question on accounts

The official answer is: All account transfers are against the Terms of Service.
interesting ty
Arawn
Ventius - level 227 ranger of dawn
Epona
Ventius - level 222 noob ranger of Enigma
Belenus
Ventius - level 163 druid

RIP badabing

Your newest blue name who has dreams to one day be purple