Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Hotswap EG Tank feasibility

Hey Everyone,
So recently I left Arawn for Gwydion, and in doing so I decided to play a warrior as my main instead of a mage. My only experience with tanking was on my alt on arawn. I tanked gele whenever mt wasn’t there but I was rather poorly geared cuz my old server didn’t gear clansmen alts really. Clan politics aside, my point being I didn’t have a lot of gear to test out to determine different tanking builds and stats within those builds, nor the chance to do the math to determine what worked best.
As a mage hotswapping was crucial and essential to being able to DPS well, and was needed to play the class, but I know that it isn't done really for EG Tanks due to the fact that vitality/defense/other resists are on much of the gear, so a tank's vital stats would fluctuate too heavily if one did hotswap. So my question is if anyone has tested out hot swapping and whether or not it works well, or if it as I feel, detrimental to the ability of a tank to tank effectively.

Thank you!
-Bob/Stubborn
Feel free to pm me about anything or talk to me in game :D
Bob The God
This Bob guy is a guide? Legitimately?
Former EG try hard who’s now relaxing midgame on crom.
Fire Mages are where its at

Re: Hotswap EG Tank feasibility

Hey Everyone,
So recently I left Arawn for Gwydion, and in doing so I decided to play a warrior as my main instead of a mage. My only experience with tanking was on my alt on arawn. I tanked gele whenever mt wasn’t there but I was rather poorly geared cuz my old server didn’t gear clansmen alts really. Clan politics aside, my point being I didn’t have a lot of gear to test out to determine different tanking builds and stats within those builds, nor the chance to do the math to determine what worked best.
As a mage hotswapping was crucial and essential to being able to DPS well, and was needed to play the class, but I know that it isn't done really for EG Tanks due to the fact that vitality/defense/other resists are on much of the gear, so a tank's vital stats would fluctuate too heavily if one did hotswap. So my question is if anyone has tested out hot swapping and whether or not it works well, or if it as I feel, detrimental to the ability of a tank to tank effectively.

Thank you!
-Bob/Stubborn
Couple of the tanks here hotswap huntsman ring for Aggy/mordy Rings so they can get up to 6-7 skills (taunt, shield wall, bash, stance, formation, warcry, bandage wounds) it certainly helps and with bunny skill they’re able to tank most bosses quite easily with 0-1 druids. It requires higher end skill pt gear of course so might take a while to get but it definitley seems worth it for them.
Nee, Proud CHIEFTAIN of the beloved Aeon KodiakReavers of Belenus,
229 Druid

Hey Everyone,

Thank you!
-Bob/Stubborn
Couple of the tanks here hotswap huntsman ring for Aggy/mordy Rings so they can get up to 6-7 skills (taunt, shield wall, bash, stance, formation, warcry, bandage wounds) it certainly helps and with bunny skill they’re able to tank most bosses quite easily with 0-1 druids. It requires higher end skill pt gear of course so might take a while to get but it definitley seems worth it for them.
Feel free to pm me about anything or talk to me in game :D
Bob The God
This Bob guy is a guide? Legitimately?
Former EG try hard who’s now relaxing midgame on crom.
Fire Mages are where its at

The bunny-bandage wounds tactic imo is useless in endgame clans with druids, a waste of swap and waste of stats.

Personally when I have to tank, I tri log, so I only swap between imperial defenders/shields/emberdrake. That way I have enough points to max 6 skills (taunt wall form stance 50, warcry 45 bash 42). I chose these rings simply cus I tri log, ideally u would want highest tier protective stance ring from prot for stance, whatever u want to use for form (basically nothing is special), Id not bother swapping for warcry or taunt rings, swap something for shield wall, something for bash if u want (not necessary, just extra skill points) and something for enduring guard if u want, again mostly unnecessary.

Most swaps for tanks are useless other than skill points, the 160 vit uget from prot ring to boost prot stance wont really affect ur gaming as a tank. What can u swap to make a clear change? Shield wall brace. Basically, if u cooldown swap with shield wall brace, that will be the only thing that u will notice (other than benefits of skill points) when tanking, and its useful.

I dont do that simply cus 1. Im not a casual tank (Im dps who goes tank if needed, tanked everything up to gele) 2. I tri log.
I wont swap for taunt or warcry, I think its ineffective and basically too much swapping + a lot of time when u have less defence.
Most tanks prefer lots of rings like skain rings... Im not a fan. I prefer my emberdrake rings.

Bandage wounds + bunny thing means ur clan has no druids available. If u have druids its useless (and even can have negative effect compared to what can u do with druids) other than showing off how much u can make druids obsolete, so a double negative effect. Also it'll only affect bosses that are easy tanking like 205 main, where u can handle with spamming bandage wounds, bunny, pots, elixirs and others casting light heal or bandage (which would likely surpass the heal of a druid), but again, resourceful and useless as u can tank it with one druid and no elixirs. Doesnt affect raids, u can tank almost all raids with 1 druid (necro hrung mordy) without using pots (unless u need for energy), and basically more druids is just a bless for extra buffs, extra heals, less resources, and especially if u multi-log.

Rely on druids and not other things to replace them... Its a negative effect that will cause u having less druids, no one wants to feel useless.
#NerfMages #AvoidBalance #WhyPlayARogue #MeatShieldOnly #HealingSlavesOnly

OP dps warrior on Belenus, hot af melee druid on Nuada. #Elementals #Apex