Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Huntsman ring value

I’m not gunna ask about gold value, because in all mater of fact speaking, with different server economies the price is rather ambiguous and not relevant to the value of an object.
My question rather is how valuable the item is for tanking. I recently changed servers and changed the class I was playing, from mage to warrior, and I plan on moving to becoming an EG tank.

I know that mathematically speaking the huntsman ring is the best tank ring, assuming you have decent defense from other gear. But my question is how decent is it?
My only expierence with tanking was on my alt on arawn. I tanked gele whenever mt wasn’t there but I was rather poorly geared cuz my old server didn’t gear clansmen alts too much. Clan politics aside, my point being I didn’t have a lot of gear to test out to determine different tanking builds and stats within those builds, so I don’t have any reference point for measuring the 15% defense bump versus other gear.

Overall my question is, given the opportunity and access to a huntsman ring, would you want to use it and if so why? The math I do have says that it is pretty useful, but I am struggling to quantitativly prove it outside the small sample of my old tank alt.
Feel free to pm me about anything or talk to me in game :D
Bob The God
This Bob guy is a guide? Legitimately?
Former EG try hard who’s now relaxing midgame on crom.
Fire Mages are where its at

Re: Huntsman ring value

I tested it in beta and it gave me like 200 defense lol, and that was at 7k defense unlixed with formation on. I personally think the ring is overrated.
Should give you like 1k because it adds 15% of your total defence
Ascension

227+ Rogue
221+ Mage
200+ Warrior
220+ Mage
200 Rogue
210+ Druid

Perma banned from ch friends band for spamming no u ft. Rogue81 & W7CH

Rogue BT Kill 09/20/2019

39th Full Doch, 14th Rogue - Danu

I tested it in beta and it gave me like 200 defense lol, and that was at 7k defense unlixed with formation on. I personally think the ring is overrated.
Should give you like 1k because it adds 15% of your total defence
Whoops my mistake, gave me 200 more defense is what I should have said. So a whopping 600 defense and a loss of 900 plus hp.
Herne:
Wardon- 220 Warrior
Cryptic- 220 Rogue

Epona:
Yeeticus- 220 Ranger

I personally don’t use it. I tested the value many times, and didn’t find it to be very useful. I am a armor heavy tank (I keep 2.8k-Ish armor) but keep my defense high as well and comparibly to a pervious commenter I found it only added 200-600def and at a loss of 900+ hp it wasn’t really worth it. I was actually surprised to find tanks use it. Instead I use a ring setup of: Godly stockade (100 armor 350 def ring), Skain shrive, skain iron, and a Godly Melee combat. This is my favorite ring setup.
Crom- General of Seed
I like pancakes.
Redbeard23 - 225 Warrior
B1ank - 225 Rogue
Incendius - 220 Mage
Arrowsmith - 220 Ranger
HighVoltage - 220 Druid
Extinction - 220 Warrior

I personally don’t use it. I tested the value many times, and didn’t find it to be very useful. I am a armor heavy tank (I keep 2.8k-Ish armor) but keep my defense high as well and comparibly to a pervious commenter I found it only added 200-600def and at a loss of 900+ hp it wasn’t really worth it. I was actually surprised to find tanks use it. Instead I use a ring setup of: Godly stockade (100 armor 350 def ring), Skain shrive, skain iron, and a Godly Melee combat. This is my favorite ring setup.
I'll definitely keep this in mind, thank you.

I bought a huntsman ring earlier today for 3.8m, once I get up to EG status and get some gear I'll run some tests of my own and see what I can find.
Thank you all for the input :-)
Bob The God

I bought a huntsman ring earlier today for 3.8m, once I get up to EG status and get some gear I'll run some tests of my own and see what I can find.
Why don't u do the maths using celtic heroes .net?
Ah wait...
Hi

Why don't u do the maths using celtic heroes .net?
Ah wait...
Yup :/
In past I didn't have a shot at any gear above mighty for my tank so I didn't really bother beyond figuring out what mighty/dark gear would work best :lol:
But now that I have more options...
I hope OTM takes up the idea and publishes their own database, I mean even Muldar said he used Annexanders database...
Bob The God

Not worth it. Tried it many times, made me like it less than reaper. Not to mention it isnt buffed by elix.

In Belenus it sells for like 1.5M at most but even then it barely sells.
#NerfMages #AvoidBalance #WhyPlayARogue #MeatShieldOnly #HealingSlavesOnly

OP dps warrior on Belenus, hot af melee druid on Nuada. #Elementals #Apex