Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Re: Using haste dagger over axe?

Thank you! and I'm glad you mentioned a more spear, because I was recently wondering if my mainland axe could be replaced with a mord spear. Yes I could hot swap it but I'm a classic player who hasn't really took the time to learn those XD. That being said, if the conditions are right, I really want to use a Mord spear.
Hot swapping keeps your best dps skill and the attack speed of the spear. On thing to be aware (that I ignored until it was too late) is that you need to train up your spear ability or borrow a necro ring or two. Only problem with necro spear rings is that they are dex/vit/spear so you lose the str boost from the runic.

Or, one thing I never took the time to try was necro axe rings. They boost str/dex/axe so you get a nice str and attack boost. Only issue is that most lures are pierce because of rogues (#warriordpsmatters) instead of slash.

Anyway follow your joy, find your build and go for it. Let us all know how it works out. Heck just writing this makes me want to go back to dps, even just for kicks for a little while.
Warrior - Crom
220+ Tank
Striving to be adequate
Proud Clanswoman of Seed

Thank you! and I'm glad you mentioned a more spear, because I was recently wondering if my mainland axe could be replaced with a mord spear. Yes I could hot swap it but I'm a classic player who hasn't really took the time to learn those XD. That being said, if the conditions are right, I really want to use a Mord spear.
Hot swapping keeps your best dps skill and the attack speed of the spear. On thing to be aware (that I ignored until it was too late) is that you need to train up your spear ability or borrow a necro ring or two. Only problem with necro spear rings is that they are dex/vit/spear so you lose the str boost from the runic.

Or, one thing I never took the time to try was necro axe rings. They boost str/dex/axe so you get a nice str and attack boost. Only issue is that most lures are pierce because of rogues (#warriordpsmatters) instead of slash.

Anyway follow your joy, find your build and go for it. Let us all know how it works out. Heck just writing this makes me want to go back to dps, even just for kicks for a little while.
Sword > spear
Hi

Sword > spear
If you like it use it. Idc. Question was about haste dagger v. axe anyhow lol. I agree sword is underused, but given the option between a gele axe, mordy spear, or edl sword I’m not picking the sword (at least not generally). My opinion only.

Here’s why. Again entirely my opinion. Necro sword rings are awful foc/vit/sword so if your build is full str and relies on runics why take the hit on auto and skill dps by using a sword? And don’t say procs because that’s just being plain silly. And don’t say weapon speed because ok yes swords are faster but that ignores the d portion of dps. So the edl sword adds about 600 attack and has 175 dmg going from memory, plus procs which are ok but not worth the hit to dps to get an occasional dmg boost.

Shadow mordy spear has 250 combined pierce and elemental damage plus 600 spear. Plus 150 str or dex (=att). Spear is hands down for me. Axe is great too, and if you can get a gele str/att one well..

Again, find your build. Doesn’t have to be mine or somebody else’s, do what works for your play style and that you enjoy, and go for it. It’s a fun game, and the forums are full of opinionated folks (myself included) that think they know the secret to your ideal dps build. I don’t, and suspect they don’t either. Read the forums, enjoy he banter, but in the end it’s your decision, your toon, and your time. Good luck, and happy hunting!
Warrior - Crom
220+ Tank
Striving to be adequate
Proud Clanswoman of Seed

Sword > spear
If you like it use it. Idc. Question was about haste dagger v. axe anyhow lol. I agree sword is underused, but given the option between a gele axe, mordy spear, or edl sword I’m not picking the sword (at least not generally). My opinion only.

Here’s why. Again entirely my opinion. Necro sword rings are awful foc/vit/sword so if your build is full str and relies on runics why take the hit on auto and skill dps by using a sword? And don’t say procs because that’s just being plain silly. And don’t say weapon speed because ok yes swords are faster but that ignores the d portion of dps. So the edl sword adds about 600 attack and has 175 dmg going from memory, plus procs which are ok but not worth the hit to dps to get an occasional dmg boost.

Shadow mordy spear has 250 combined pierce and elemental damage plus 600 spear. Plus 150 str or dex (=att). Spear is hands down for me. Axe is great too, and if you can get a gele str/att one well..

Again, find your build. Doesn’t have to be mine or somebody else’s, do what works for your play style and that you enjoy, and go for it. It’s a fun game, and the forums are full of opinionated folks (myself included) that think they know the secret to your ideal dps build. I don’t, and suspect they don’t either. Read the forums, enjoy he banter, but in the end it’s your decision, your toon, and your time. Good luck, and happy hunting!
There's is no secret, there is a best build for each boss. Void gele for prot, legacies, sword for necro/ gele/GARANAK. poison spear for mord/hrung
Hi

Would like to point out a few flaws in the arguments here. Firstly, a shadow spear doesnt add 600 attack. Its less. Edl sword adds more attack

Also in regard to the sword being faster DPS but missing out on the D part...the same can be said about spear. It has the damage but less PS. It is all about trade offs and i would take faster speed over a bit more physical damage absolutely any day of the week. Faster speed = more divine damage dealt.

Now necro sword rings adding focus vit and ability. In edl the focus and vit may seem bad but try using some dg. Your energy will severely suffer. The focus is a great addition. The vit is average because dg adds lots of vit but necro spear rings add vit also so doesnt matter.

Finally onto strength. An end game dps warrior has rediculous strength. So far into the plateau that its not even funny. Over 3k certainly isnt a big stretch so adding an extra 100 str from a godly fate ring is such a minor difference that you dont even notice a change. Im not saying dont be full str. A full dps war needs to be full str to reach full potential. All i am saying is that the str did between a necro fate ring and a necro death ring isnt as game changing as you make it out to be.
Arawn
Ventius - level 227 ranger of dawn
Epona
Ventius - level 222 noob ranger of Enigma
Belenus
Ventius - level 163 druid

RIP badabing

Your newest blue name who has dreams to one day be purple

Oh i also forgot to say...blowing off the edl proc like it is nothing at all was the first mistake...lol
Arawn
Epona
Belenus

RIP badabing

Oh i also forgot to say...blowing off the edl proc like it is nothing at all was the first mistake...lol
So many people blow off the edl sword when it's better then the bow ...
bow > sword

Bow has higher damage, is pierce, has range and doesnt require swapping in order to cast the classes strongest skill. Sword just attacks a little faster. But with the 200 divine on edl shield opposed to 250 divine on edl quiver that makes up for the slightly slower attack speed. Thats excluding the edl skills too.

But this is offtopic now
Arawn
Epona
Belenus

RIP badabing

So many people blow off the edl sword when it's better then the bow ...
bow > sword

Bow has higher damage, is pierce, has range and doesnt require swapping in order to cast the classes strongest skill. Sword just attacks a little faster. But with the 200 divine on edl shield opposed to 250 divine on edl quiver that makes up for the slightly slower attack speed. Thats excluding the edl skills too.

But this is offtopic now
I was talking the sword on its own. The pierce really makes no difference lol and yea it's ranged which is nice but warriors have high hp anyway
Hi

Would like to point out a few flaws in the arguments here. Firstly, a shadow spear doesnt add 600 attack. Its less. Edl sword adds more attack

Also in regard to the sword being faster DPS but missing out on the D part...the same can be said about spear. It has the damage but less PS. It is all about trade offs and i would take faster speed over a bit more physical damage absolutely any day of the week. Faster speed = more divine damage dealt.

Now necro sword rings adding focus vit and ability. In edl the focus and vit may seem bad but try using some dg. Your energy will severely suffer. The focus is a great addition. The vit is average because dg adds lots of vit but necro spear rings add vit also so doesnt matter.

Finally onto strength. An end game dps warrior has rediculous strength. So far into the plateau that its not even funny. Over 3k certainly isnt a big stretch so adding an extra 100 str from a godly fate ring is such a minor difference that you dont even notice a change. Im not saying dont be full str. A full dps war needs to be full str to reach full potential. All i am saying is that the str did between a necro fate ring and a necro death ring isnt as game changing as you make it out to be.
Just to clarify, I don’t believe I said the spear added attack, and if I did I was mistaken. It adds to spear ability. Just so everyone is aware we are faaaaar off topic, myself included. Agent K and Criminal had his exact same discussion a while back and it went exactly where this one is going. Nowhere.
Warrior - Crom
220+ Tank
Striving to be adequate
Proud Clanswoman of Seed