Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Re: Bunny or Boar at endgame tanking

Was looking through this forum waiting for servers to launch, and thought I'd add my foreign opinion:

A maxed bunny gives you around a 1000 heal. This is roughly equal to an extra resto potion you can chug.

Boar gives crazy stats, yes, but the amount of hp is less important than the rate of healing, all you need is enough to withstand the attack cycle + a bit, which most endgame tanks easily achieve: with that regard, would bunny not be superior?

Just a thought, I'd be interested in the warrior response.
World Taranis

- Regenleif -
Rachmaninoff
Aedin Flameborn

Former Leader in theILLUMINATI, Aeon, and Taranis United

I am a Guide! If you need any tips/help/advice, Click Here to send me a message!

Was looking through this forum waiting for servers to launch, and thought I'd add my foreign opinion:

A maxed bunny gives you around a 1000 heal. This is roughly equal to an extra resto potion you can chug.

Boar gives crazy stats, yes, but the amount of hp is less important than the rate of healing, all you need is enough to withstand the attack cycle + a bit, which most endgame tanks easily achieve: with that regard, would bunny not be superior?

Just a thought, I'd be interested in the warrior response.
no. The moment one uses a resto whilentanking the person is considered a failure for the most part
Wafflez.
(|%}^=

Wouldnt u rather ease on ur druids by being more sustainable? Not only the extra vit gives u more regen with elix / more max hp with combo or max hp elix, the armour and defence simply reduce the dmg taken per sec and therefore u need less healing overall too. Those are permanent stats, the heal u get per 15 secs vs dodging a massive melee hit, worlds apart.
#NerfMages #AvoidBalance #WhyPlayARogue #MeatShieldOnly #HealingSlavesOnly

OP dps warrior on Belenus, hot af melee druid on Nuada. #Elementals #Apex

Bunny makes u tank better, Boar makes u a better tank(more on it in a bit)

What's a little more armor going to add on a class with already highest base armor, which always armor lix, in addition to having bark/wards on top. The defense helps yes, so does added vit for better skills. The boar skill is terrible, that's universally known.

So its basically between better defensive stats vs a constant, reliable heal of 1000-1400 depending on bunny tier. Every 16s or so. Isn't the whole purpose of having more defense is to mitigate damage taken?. And on an endgame full edl tank you think 300 defense will mitigate 1k dmg every 15, on an already 7000 defense tank? Didn't think so too.

Get the bunny, be a smart tank not a stat page tank who just shows off their stat page all buffed up n shet coz if that's what you want, the tan boar will get you that. If you wanna be a solid, reliable one get the bunny, as a bonus you'll never use a single resto ever again.
Adrohan - 226 Rogue, Fingal
Get kills or die trying!
First Mordris n Necro kill on Android, nuff said
http://www.celticheroes.net/profile.php?hero=Adrohan

Why waste a perfectly good slot ifor something that doesn't get you more armor, def, or vit? If you're using the bunny as a resto just use restos. See post above about tanks that use restos. Most tanks worth their salt are lixed up for any meaningful bossing anyhow.

I fail to see how a bunny gets you anything other than less useful stats that are easily substituted by potions folks buy by the 100s.

I do believe that if a bunny works for you as a tank then by all means please go ahead and use one. Just don't say it's better. I know all of my clan tanks use a boar because it boosts the stats they care about and are most useful overall.
Warrior - Crom
220+ Tank
Striving to be adequate
Proud Clanswoman of Seed

Bunny makes u tank better, Boar makes u a better tank(more on it in a bit)

What's a little more armor going to add on a class with already highest base armor, which always armor lix, in addition to having bark/wards on top. The defense helps yes, so does added vit for better skills. The boar skill is terrible, that's universally known.

So its basically between better defensive stats vs a constant, reliable heal of 1000-1400 depending on bunny tier. Every 16s or so. Isn't the whole purpose of having more defense is to mitigate damage taken?. And on an endgame full edl tank you think 300 defense will mitigate 1k dmg every 15, on an already 7000 defense tank? Didn't think so too.

Get the bunny, be a smart tank not a stat page tank who just shows off their stat page all buffed up n shet coz if that's what you want, the tan boar will get you that. If you wanna be a solid, reliable one get the bunny, as a bonus you'll never use a single resto ever again.
I like this guy :D

Ive had both bunny and boar. Regret changing my bunny for a boar.
Wether u got a boar or bunny I don't think its gonne make much of a the difference between u tanking the boss or not.
Im still running out of energy on e lix so I gotte use resto's anyways, so the e regen from bunny is nice.
One last thing: Lets say you gotte bolas walk a boss... a bunny would be better imo.