Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Re: tank question

I find vit/dex prot braces are the best of all. Highly suggested you get yours upgraded
Ya, working on upgrading atm, hard though cuz mains get priority, also only allowed 2 total and have an attack str vit brace on my rogue, which leaves one brace for war.
For rings.... well these are where you need some work!

Personally I see the best setup as 3 skain vit rings and a gele ring.

Personally I never had access to the gele ring as we never got one of the tanky ones to drop, but I highly suggest you drop the reaping ring. Using a 200lux vit ring (forget exact name) would be more beneficial, and instead a huntsman ring would be more beneficial especially if your clan has low attendance and must ping-pong the boss due to the movement speed added by the huntsman ring.
Do you mean proteus rings? there is no gele tank ring. I have a mighty proteus ring currently and 2 skain defense vit rings, working on aquiring an ironroot ring atm.

As for a huntsman ring not sure how overall beneficial it is, I have a lvl 6 bear battlemount rn so have 100% speed bonus. May look into acquiring one though. Thank you for the suggestion.

I've never seen a reason for using heliant rings as a tank and don't suggest you continue to upgrade it.
Don't have edl/dl shield so wasn't sure if the chaos resistance boost added from ring would help to make up for the lacking of that offhand. Since my warrior is an alt I doubt I will ever be able to acquire edl or dl shield. SlyShadows (arawn's best tank atm) suggested that I get an ironroot ring instead of heli ring as the chaos res boost is barely noticeable.
I forget what ammy you said you use but I highly suggest whatever yours is you switch to either wyldshrine mountain or shine stone poacher (poacher>mountain)
I am currently using a poacher ammy.

Oh and also, considering you're using runic endurance over EDL shield, it's perfectly find to drop a prot brace for one of these: http://www.celticheroes.net/itemdb/item.php?id=35904

The loss of almost 750 health may hit your build semi hardly but the melee combat and defense on this will make your defense shoot up by another 1.5-2k with def form.
Did you read what gear I had? a lot of your suggestions are things I already use. Such as this shield, ammy, mount, rings, brace... Only thing you suggested that I don't have is a huntsman ring...
Feel free to pm me about anything or talk to me in game :D
Bob The God
This Bob guy is a guide? Legitimately?
Former EG try hard who’s now relaxing midgame on crom.
Fire Mages are where its at

Shield- I never suggested you change I was just saying since you used it you could also benefit from the specific hrung armor/defense/melee combat brace instead of a prote brace
Ammy- I didn't reread what ammy you used so yeah I double stated this one.
Mount- don't think I ever mentioned mounts at all
Brace- I'm 100% sure you're not using the brace I reccomended

EDIT: it was extremely rude of you to judge the things I said to you without even reading them and throwing them all away. It was clearly obvious you had no idea what I was saying, and you judged it anyway. I could have spat in your face and nobody would be surprised but instead I decided to put in almost 20 minutes of my time devoted to helping YOU.
Last edited by Loco cola on Fri Aug 04, 2017 11:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Wafflez.
(|%}^=

I do believe symmetry (heli) ring is amazing on chaos bosses if you can get one n keep upgrading it. Chaos bosses will always have a large amount of chaos dmg on their autos, skills in addition to the zone based chaos AoE. You're already starting off with less chaos resists owing to your mord helm taking away some. And for some messed up reason ur alt isn't allowed to get EDL shield so u need the extra chaos most definitely. I'm not a fan of ironroot ring on tanks at all, but that's me. Gara blade/high tier summit/emberdrake battle rings are fantastic rings. The lux shop alchemy ring is good as well in certain cases, 400 defense and lots evasions. And prot rings are awesome utility rings in specific scenarios. Magic resist prot one on Unox/Gele and Cold resist one at Necro/Obelisks.

Huntsman ring is no doubt the best UNLIXED vs any other defense ring, once you do defense lix however, you would need to check if the gains will outdo the vit n evasion loss over a skain ring(unless u have a very large base defense usually Huntsman rings aren't thaaat much better).
Adrohan - 226 Rogue, Fingal
Get kills or die trying!
First Mordris n Necro kill on Android, nuff said
http://www.celticheroes.net/profile.php?hero=Adrohan

Who said i was best tank? Im still searching for the last few items i need :lol:

-:- Void night/mysteries mordri helm
-:- Royal+ azure shield brace to replace my royal umbral shield brace (cuz dex)
-:- And maybe one of them sexy gele tank rings :roll:
Arawn- Invicta
SlyShadows - 220 Tank Warrior (Retired, Arawn)
Animosity - 217 Ranger (Retired, Arawn)
Noctum - 215 Fire Mage
Acrimony - 190 Lock Rogue

Proud Tank of Arawn

Would like to add for melee combat, the only boss you need it for is gele, for bashing. There was a post a while back where a tank had max everything in melee and still rarely ever hit bash on proteus or at least a very very minimal difference so if maybe you can find a couple items for gele that doesnt sacrifice, defence and hp by large quanties for maybe a bit more melee, would be good for gele tanking. or bashing.

-:-I say you only need melee combat for gele is becuz of what i said about proteus, and mordi/hrung/necro dont have anything to prevent with bash.

-:- Also maybe consider doing a 18-19k hp build with vit until ur there and put maybe the last 200-400 vit in dex or whatever is left over for a solid 400+ defence buff
Arawn- Invicta
SlyShadows - 220 Tank Warrior (Retired, Arawn)
Animosity - 217 Ranger (Retired, Arawn)
Noctum - 215 Fire Mage
Acrimony - 190 Lock Rogue

Proud Tank of Arawn