Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

What a good build?

I'm a solo tank I don't really do bosses yet and I'm LV 53 what is a good build for me if I'm just doing quests and what not
i may suck but you try and try again and never give up

penvro lv112 ranger- most likly going to retire soon
glyniss derbody lv59 rogue
soon to create a druid

Re: What a good build?

Go hybrid:
2:3 strength/vitality works well
2:1:2 strength/dexterity/vitality is a great alternative
Warriors don't need dex
I'm a solo tank I don't really do bosses yet and I'm LV 53 what is a good build for me if I'm just doing quests and what not
What is a solo tank build?
Are ypu trying to solo bears and bosses around your level or mobs?
Agent K - 224 Warrior Fingal
The Expendables

Bad things, there's a lot of bad things that they wishin' they wishin' they wishin' they wishin' on
YouTube:

https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCF20KGlAysLg65kgZ6v0-Vw

Go hybrid:
Warriors don't need dex
Yeah I've heard that since the catacombs were end game. Never stopped me from using it and it worked very well in my favor. To this day, ignorant players laugh at my use of dex yet equip attack/defense/dex gear.

Good reasons to use dex while low level are to assist in hit rate since weapon ability tends to lag behind and cut downtime with the added defense.
SirBlaze333 - 220+ Warrior
(Returning Player)

Dex is good for all melee classes and it's up to the player to determine whether he needs dex in his build or not

When he says solo tank Id imagine he is a hybrid, not a full blown tank.
Level 210+ Warrior, Lugh

-You know a world transfer is legit when it is posted on the forums-
BOYMCLIR: AUTOPLAY HEROES, REVENGE OF BOB THE GOD

Go hybrid:
Warriors don't need dex
Yeah I've heard that since the catacombs were end game. Never stopped me from using it and it worked very well in my favor. To this day, ignorant players laugh at my use of dex yet equip attack/defense/dex gear.

Good reasons to use dex while low level are to assist in hit rate since weapon ability tends to lag behind and cut downtime with the added defense.
Frenzy works fine.
Wafflez.
(|%}^=

Go hybrid:
Warriors don't need dex

Dex is good for all melee classes and it's up to the player to determine whether he needs dex in his build or not

When he says solo tank Id imagine he is a hybrid, not a full blown tank.
Lmao warriors perk is high armour and hp, and at a high level frozen dl and edl provide defence, instead of wasting points in dex, you could invest in vit then add up to defensive formation if you really wanna be a tanky useless dps mf
Agent K - 224 Warrior Fingal
The Expendables

Bad things, there's a lot of bad things that they wishin' they wishin' they wishin' they wishin' on
YouTube:

https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCF20KGlAysLg65kgZ6v0-Vw

Go hybrid:
Warriors don't need dex

Dex on gear is fine specially for higher level tanks when they get vit+dex+defense gear. Throwing points into dex is pointless specially at a low level when you're primarily lixing. Putting strength for frenzy will add more attack/chance to hit than putting points into dex.

The OP is level 50. I'm not sure what you're tanking at lvl 50
Zyz 220 Druid
Noah Fences 220 Rogue

Lmao warriors perk is high armour and hp, and at a high level frozen dl and edl provide defence, instead of wasting points in dex, you could invest in vit then add up to defensive formation if you really wanna be a tanky useless dps mf
I wouldn't say warriors necessarily have outstanding hp, or at least not exclusively. All we really have working for us is our armour; all other resistances are equal between classes. Rangers and rogues have incentive to use dexterity for their skill but to ignore the fact that the added attack helps with bosses or general hit rate is foolish.

Like I mentioned before, weapon ability tends to lag at lower levels and so dexterity has more use during the earlier stages. In addition, health may extend the time you have to live but if you can kill mobs with less total health lost, your down time when levelling is reduced. Defense has always helped me tank at lower levels, before all these big bosses, and so why wouldn't it help against tougher enemies when grouped?

Ultimately it's up to the user to decide whether to use dexterity or not. But saying it's useless for warriors is both ignorant and negligent. I've proven its usefulness for years.
... Good reasons to use dex while low level are to assist in hit rate since weapon ability tends to lag behind and cut downtime with the added defense.
Dex on gear is fine specially for higher level tanks when they get vit+dex+defense gear. Throwing points into dex is pointless specially at a low level when you're primarily lixing. Putting strength for frenzy will add more attack/chance to hit than putting points into dex.

The OP is level 50. I'm not sure what you're tanking at lvl 50
Okay firstly, let me give you a litte perspective on point allocation at higher levels. If you are going to have vitality and dexterity, there is no difference between 250 (450): 850 (1300) and 5 (450): 1095 (1300).

Secondly, I've already pointed out why the use of dexterity is especially useful for lower levels. Your point about frenzy is good; I'll give you that. However, frenzy and protective stance do not stack and protective stance is arguably the better skill. In addition, the use of dexterity over full strength is may not be as detrimental to frenzy as you think at that low of a level. Again, I still stand by dex & stance vs str & frenzy. You get to play your strength and still build on your weakness (dps) that way as a hybrid. Here's the thing... My alternative suggestion did not sacrifice strength but vitality instead.

Thirdly, the OP wont be level 50 forever. What I suggested is point allocation as they progress. And again, the points of dexterity's usefulness still applies. It never was about tanking but the option to do so is still there.

Look, if you don't want to put points into dexterity, don't... I don't really care what you decide on in the end. But don't underestimate its usefulness as I've had great success (said in a Borat impression) with high amounts, particularily with tanking for reasons I can and will eventually explain elsewhere. Outside of bossing, I found that the defense from dexterity did in fact assist me more due to the diminished returns of strength's effects (meaning the defensive gain outweighed the offensive gain... plus I get extra attack). Anyway, I'm done for tonight; I have to be up in a few hours. I seriously don't get why this is so controversial.
SirBlaze333 - 220+ Warrior
(Returning Player)

I always solo my warrior when training him and wouldn't dream of NOT using some dex. Not getting hit at all (by autos) is much better defence than relying on armour and a lot of go instead.
Blaze's alternative is basically my training build but I always used frenzy over stance favouring a decent auto as a back up to skills rather than rely on skills alone.
Characters (In order of creation)

Nigel-rogue
Gettafix-druid
MaidMarrion-ranger
BrianBlessed-warrior
NoelEdmonds-mage