Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Re: Offhand Axe vs Dagger (150)

As full dps, which will give me more damage?
Dagger is better, at carrow the poison is unresisted, and the physical damage is multiplied by 10, your shatter will remove most if the resist, applying heavy poison and physical damage, not ro forget the regen that could be very handy at that level.
Agent K - 224 Warrior Fingal
The Expendables

Bad things, there's a lot of bad things that they wishin' they wishin' they wishin' they wishin' on
YouTube:

https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCF20KGlAysLg65kgZ6v0-Vw

Axe at 150 for sure, no question about it. It gives a much larger damage boost than any dagger of the same level. I have never seen a warrior use any 150 dagger and even rogues would prefer the 150 axes.

Once you reach 180 then you may consider using the haste dagger depending on what your build is
Level 210+ Warrior, Lugh

-You know a world transfer is legit when it is posted on the forums-
BOYMCLIR: AUTOPLAY HEROES, REVENGE OF BOB THE GOD

Axe at 150 for sure, no question about it. It gives a much larger damage boost than any dagger of the same level. I have never seen a warrior use any 150 dagger and even rogues would prefer the 150 axes.

Once you reach 180 then you may consider using the haste dagger depending on what your build is
Are you just talking or did you do anything to prove it?
Agent K - 224 Warrior Fingal
The Expendables

Bad things, there's a lot of bad things that they wishin' they wishin' they wishin' they wishin' on
YouTube:

https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCF20KGlAysLg65kgZ6v0-Vw

Did you test the axe vs dagger at lvl 150 or are you just assuming? There's a few of us that have and can say dagger is better in almost all cases than axe
Zyz 220 Druid
Noah Fences 220 Rogue

Did you test the axe vs dagger at lvl 150 or are you just assuming? There's a few of us that have and can say dagger is better in almost all cases than axe
I find axe is better 90% of the time.
The added strength is great, and multiplies skill damage. The elemental damage is also going to be a large portion of your auto.

Considering most warriors at 150 use axes, it's best to use offhand axe-
If you use the dagger, you're getting some haste, which isn't bad, but if your autos suck ass the haste isn't going to do anything. I would take 300 fire over the small amount of poison on those daggers any day. With resists and fluctuation expect the axe to add about 100-150 damage per auto. That is pretty crazy damage considering the dagger with resists and fluctuation is only adding less than 100 per auto.

When one is on hammer or spear, I suggest the dagger offhand. This is because the attack speed of them makes the dagger more beneficial (although at 180+ I would just go axe and haste ring, but that's just me)

So yeah, axe is better dps zyz :)
Wafflez.
(|%}^=

The added strength is great, and multiplies skill damage. The elemental damage is also going to be a large portion of your auto.

If you use the dagger, you're getting some haste, which isn't bad, but if your autos suck ass the haste isn't going to do anything. I would take 300 fire over the small amount of poison on those daggers any day. With resists and fluctuation expect the axe to add about 100-150 damage per auto. That is pretty crazy damage considering the dagger with resists and fluctuation is only adding less than 100 per auto.

When one is on hammer or spear, I suggest the dagger offhand. This is because the attack speed of them makes the dagger more beneficial (although at 180+ I would just go axe and haste ring, but that's just me)

You can't always go based on what most people do. My high school and college wrestling coach and the majority of wrestling coaches have their athletes dehydrate and wear sweat suits in the middle of summer and puke to make weight. As ex-wrestlers go into coaching, they do what they learned from their coach. As I became more educated in nutrition and exercise science, I realized that there were far better ways to make weight but my approach is different than what most do and it's just as successful.

That being said, have you tested at level 150 axe vs dagger or are you assuming because it has a strength stat and it's what most warriors do? Having tested both the axe and dagger with a 150 warrior, I can tell you the dagger was better than axe. You can't just look at a weapons stats and assume it's better. We have a decent number of warriors on fingal at 150+ that use the dagger over axe and love the results more. Not all do but some just like some still run around with a 2 handed hammer or axe and love it and some do prefer the axe over dagger not because it's better damage but because they think it looks cooler.

Really the OP and all players when it's time to upgrade should see if someone they knows has the weapons available to test out before they make a purchase. For me, from personal experience of testing out both axe and dagger, the dagger did more overall damage.
Zyz 220 Druid
Noah Fences 220 Rogue

Bounty dagger is the best dps offhand at 150. Its even more pronounced for warriors coz they're heavy str setups throughout the game. People just see the str on axe n elementa dmg and suddenly thinks its the be all end all. The pierce of the dagger with 700+ str which is a norm at that lvl for warriors is high and it hits full dmg on shatter. And poison is unresisted whole carrowmore. Unless there's a mage always lixing with you so you can leech his lure to get most out of axe, stick with the poison dagger.

This question has been asked like a million times already in this section alone, some DPS warrior should just post a sticky of an updated warrior levelling guide 1-220 like we have in rogues section with frids guide.
Adrohan - 226 Rogue, Fingal
Get kills or die trying!
First Mordris n Necro kill on Android, nuff said
http://www.celticheroes.net/profile.php?hero=Adrohan

i think that you may be confused. They are not talking about the celerity dagger with dex and haste. Bounty dagger with pierce and poison damage and regens beats axe on a dps warrior with high strength. Adds more damage, boosts frenzy(so does axe so meh), physical damage beats elemental damage on warrior because of shatter regens help out too and poison is unresisted.
Arawn
Ventius - level 227 ranger of dawn
Epona
Ventius - level 222 noob ranger of Enigma
Belenus
Ventius - level 163 druid

RIP badabing

Your newest blue name who has dreams to one day be purple