Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Tank Guide

Immos tank guide was op. True. But it seems a bit outdated as of now. I'd like anyone who is viable to give some advice on this. What is the minimum, defense (with formation), Hp, and armor (with pro stance), that a tank should have?

Re: Tank Guide

Immos tank guide was op. True. But it seems a bit outdated as of now. I'd like anyone who is viable to give some advice on this. What is the minimum, defense (with formation), Hp, and armor (with pro stance), that a tank should have?
Hi, I'm currently working on my guide which is up to date. It's not yet complete but you can read what I have for what it's worth. There is enough info to figure out what and what you shouldn't tank. However, that section is still not complete so you will have to think for yourself to determine a conclusion.

To answer your question, I'll need some more information such as your level or what specific boss(es) you'd like to tank.

Technically, if you have enough health, there are no minimum stats because you can just utilize more druids. As a rule of thumb, put at least 80% of your stat points into vitality, use the best armour set that you can from the main questlines, maximize your protective stance, maximize your defensive formation, and use either the best luxury shield for your level or best quest shield for your level. If you do all that, you're good to tank most bosses your level or lower. Whatever those stats are, that's my answer to you.
SirBlaze333 - 220+ Warrior
(Returning Player)

Hi, I'm currently working on my guide which is up to date. It's not yet complete but you can read what I have for what it's worth. There is enough info to figure out what and what you shouldn't tank. However, that section is still not complete so you will have to think for yourself to determine a conclusion.

To answer your question, I'll need some more information such as your level or what specific boss(es) you'd like to tank.

Technically, if you have enough health, there are no minimum stats because you can just utilize more druids. As a rule of thumb, put at least 80% of your stat points into vitality, use the best armour set that you can from the main questlines, maximize your protective stance, maximize your defensive formation, and use either the best luxury shield for your level or best quest shield for your level. If you do all that, you're good to tank most bosses your level or lower. Whatever those stats are, that's my answer to you.
Level 221, Edl, Tanking raids.
Gara iron set with skain ring, two identical prot braces (dex vit def) lowest tier, skain storm and shrive ring, spectral huntsman ring for the 15% defense. Shadow vit halberd and a couple runes from edl shield. sitting at 6.3k defense with formation, 2.6k armor with stance and 18.6k hp unbuffed

Level 221, Edl, Tanking raids.
Gara iron set with skain ring, two identical prot braces (dex vit def) lowest tier, skain storm and shrive ring, spectral huntsman ring for the 15% defense. Shadow vit halberd and a couple runes from edl shield. sitting at 6.3k defense with formation, 2.6k armor with stance and 18.6k hp unbuffed
you're well above the minimum standards in my opinion.
SirBlaze333 - 220+ Warrior
(Returning Player)

Im a full dps warrior, but to aid my clan Ive helped tanking, I can advise u in pms with my setup, guaranteed its a great one.
#NerfMages #AvoidBalance #WhyPlayARogue #MeatShieldOnly #HealingSlavesOnly

OP dps warrior on Belenus, hot af melee druid on Nuada. #Elementals #Apex

I've been working on one for some time since I became full tank.
It may be up in the coming months
The reason it won't be up sooner is I'm also adding in specifics for each boss, and gear for every few levels past 110 (starting at 110 as I am making it for frozen through raids. This is to benefit developing clans in that area as well as e.g.)
I would go 100% vit. Some people say to add some dex for defence,
But the ratio for defence is 1:2 from dex.
I find going vit increases survivability better. I've been at points where I've fallen down to just 1k hp because the druids were being attacked by adds.
Get your defence from gear.
After all, vit makes def form stronger anyway, so the complete benefit of adding dex is about 1 more defence per point than one would gain through vit with a level 50 def form.
Wafflez.
(|%}^=