Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Shield vs Offhand Axe hybrid

I will be running a hyrbid soon to "tank" snorri pit for a few dps mates, to be lixing in a group. My question is, would it be better to run Shatter, pummel/rupture, bash, stance , def form and taunt, or drop the bash, get an axe and use pummel and rupture both. Ive been dps for a long time, and don't really have an idea about what skillset is best. Also, how much hp should i be looking for at lv 170?

Cheers in advance for any tips :)
Lugh:
110+ ice mage dubnub
106 rogue
117 druid
74 ranger
40 pvp warrior

Retired
Many

Re: Shield vs Offhand Axe hybrid

If you're acting as a meat shield for other dps... use shield with shield wall and taunt. Bash not needed. I dúo my mage and warrior, warrior runs a str build with shield, void spear, shield wall, shatter, warcry (pulling multiple mobs) , pummel and pro stance. I can survive well in 200 del room pulling 3-entire room of Dobbies. Mage simply blasts them all with iceblast and firestorm.

Re: Shield vs Offhand Axe hybrid

Shield bash is needed on some bosses, but it's also useful if you have druids that heal you, it gives them a little bit of respite and can catch up when you're very low health.

Shatter helps everyone in raid, so while it only effects you minimally, it is good skill to have.
Rupture is overrated imo. Also can't use spear, unless you like hotswapping weapons. Pummel is good if you have skill boosting gear.

Personally I think a hybrid tank-dps is the worst combo. Warrior damage skills are so puny it doesn't make sense not to have them all if you want decent dps.
At least hybrid rogues can go with 2 support skills and 3 dps skills, and they're still awesome dps.

There are two types of people in this world: Those who crave closure

A business is more profitable if they don't gouge and piss off customers.