Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Re: SirBlaze333's Ultimate Tanking Guide

#11
Sir Blaze333 wrote:
Loco cola wrote:Well, first off, i believe full vit is the only way to go. The defense should come from gear.

Agreed

Loco cola wrote: I see enduring guard as nearly useless...

Agreed, thus "low priority" in the description

Loco cola wrote:and believe skills should go like this:
Prot stance: max
Def form: max
Taunt: max
Bash: up to highest level you tank
Watery: extras

I believe my descriptions for these skills reflect that except for warcry. Personally, I have never resorted to using warcry for a single target such as a main boss. Putting extra points into such a skill when they could be put to better use therefore renders it a low-priority or situational skill.


With the addition of critical skills and critical strikes, as well as Doch Gul armor, any added aggro from warcry is very beneficial. Taunt alone isn't enough anymore to keep aggro away from hard hitters.

Also, in beta, (not sure if it made it to the live game), defense from dexterity and raw defense bonus from gear isnt exactly same, e.g. 1000 defense from 500 dex is better than +1000 defense from gear as it gives higher dodge/parry/block rates.
Image


There are two types of people in this world: Those who crave closure

A business is more profitable if they don't gouge and piss off customers.

Re: SirBlaze333's Ultimate Tanking Guide

#12
Aileron wrote:With the addition of critical skills and critical strikes, as well as Doch Gul armor, any added aggro from warcry is very beneficial. Taunt alone isn't enough anymore to keep aggro away from hard hitters.

Thank you for the explanation. Does this apply for all stages of the game or just late/end game? I'll make a change to the description of warcry once that question is answered.

Aileron wrote:Also, in beta, (not sure if it made it to the live game), defense from dexterity and raw defense bonus from gear isnt exactly same, e.g. 1000 defense from 500 dex is better than +1000 defense from gear as it gives higher dodge/parry/block rates.

If that game mechanic made it into the game, I would expect OTM to explain the inconsistency. +1000 defense should be +1000 defense, should it not? Why not just increase the defense rewarded per point of dexterity?

Anyway, I haven't heard this before you brought it to my attention so I'm assuming it's not the case. If it is confirmed at a later time, please let me know and I will gladly incorporate that information into the guide.
SirBlaze333 - 220+ Warrior
(Returning Player)

Re: SirBlaze333's Ultimate Tanking Guide

#13
Sir Blaze333 wrote:
Aileron wrote:Also, in beta, (not sure if it made it to the live game), defense from dexterity and raw defense bonus from gear isnt exactly same, e.g. 1000 defense from 500 dex is better than +1000 defense from gear as it gives higher dodge/parry/block rates.

If that game mechanic made it into the game, I would expect OTM to explain the inconsistency. +1000 defense should be +1000 defense, should it not? Why not just increase the defense rewarded per point of dexterity?

Anyway, I haven't heard this before you brought it to my attention so I'm assuming it's not the case. If it is confirmed at a later time, please let me know and I will gladly incorporate that information into the guide.


I've actually believe it has been like this ever since, it just wasn't obvious. Ive tried quite a few builds and now I've always put points in dex as my druids always feel like I'm easier to heal rather than going full vit. It's just more apparent now because back in the day, having 7-8k defense was unfathomable. It was possible to compare 4k dex vs 8k defense in beta, because OTM tweaked some chars to allow for testing, obviously you can't get 4k dex in the live game.
Image


There are two types of people in this world: Those who crave closure

A business is more profitable if they don't gouge and piss off customers.

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest