Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Re: Defense

I'm still a noob, how does one get more defence?
Thought you were a endgame tank?

Gear and dex add armor, but a tank in my clan says all your stat points should be in vit, with defence only coming from gear. I agree with that, because while
Bosses have about 20k attack, 1 dex only adds 2 defence while 1 vit adds 6.25 health
Wafflez.
(|%}^=

Gear and dex add armor, but a tank in my clan says all your stat points should be in vit, with defence only coming from gear. I agree with that, because while
Bosses have about 20k attack, 1 dex only adds 2 defence while 1 vit adds 6.25 health
Gear and dex add armor?

What does more vit do? Only allows you to last an extra second or two before dying. Whereas more def means the boss does less dps on you, allowing your heals to catch up easier. As a mage I can get 30k hp if I tried. Would I last longer in front of proteus than a 15k hp tank with 10k def? If you have 30k hp and your def is not anything impressive, I'd recommend adding some of your points to dex.
Level 220 mage- InnerCircle of Rhiannon
Necro, proteus, unox kills :D
http://www.celticheroes.net/profile.php?hero=runvs

I dont recommend points in dex due the boost to tank's skills (taunt, warcry, shield wall, def form [defence] and prot stance) but if it comes from gear its something else. High hp goes well with super combo and kite.

Defence is important tho, it helps u avoid melees (hp is there along with resists to help u on skills, what can u do, when gele has an insane poison skill), but bosses do not have 20k attack at all, thats just a made up number, to have 20k attack means it'll hit a tank with 8000 defence 71.5% of the time, which I doubt is the case, even without popping an elix my 5.4k defence tank (unelixed as said) evades around half of the attacks.
#NerfMages #AvoidBalance #WhyPlayARogue #MeatShieldOnly #HealingSlavesOnly

OP dps warrior on Belenus, hot af melee druid on Nuada. #Elementals #Apex

No I am not an end game tank, I'm like the 5th or 6th tank in my clan so I'm no where near high enough to call myself endgame tank. I'm still a noob at heart so I don't know as much as the next guy.

General rule is use all your stat points in vit and get defense from gear and def form. 5k defense is reasonable, with high flyers hitting 7-8k defense
Thund3rstruck- 225 DG Warrior
St0rm- 215 Druid
Bowz- 215 Ranger
Wolfgang