Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Re: dPS or hybrid?

I always found dps to be boring and restrictive. There is so much more you can do as a hybrid with a good amount of points in taunt and a proper setup. You can tank 5 star bosses, kite 6 star bosses, keep adds off of dps if you are not main tank. In a leveling group it is always appreciated when you keep agro off the squishies. Otherwise, you are just one more dps. See what your clan needs, if you are in one, and do what you think is fun.
Besides being rather boring, u will be surpried to see how better is it when main tank tanks adds and what u need is more dps to these long raids that might end with a rage.
We rarely have issues with bosses raging. If it truly is a concern for you, maybe you should consider changing your approach on bosses.
Gibble Warrior level 217
Resurgence
Taunt early, Taunt often.

I always found dps to be boring and restrictive. There is so much more you can do as a hybrid with a good amount of points in taunt and a proper setup. You can tank 5 star bosses, kite 6 star bosses, keep adds off of dps if you are not main tank. In a leveling group it is always appreciated when you keep agro off the squishies. Otherwise, you are just one more dps. See what your clan needs, if you are in one, and do what you think is fun.
Im kinda the exact opposite haha. I find dps the most fun exciting bright able to get plenty of kills over others:) im in #2 clan of crom so atm my most important thing to do is level so im usefull to try start getting edl soon for clan

Everybody is different, as long as you are having fun. I was just trying to give a different perspective.
Gibble Warrior level 217
Resurgence

Besides being rather boring, u will be surpried to see how better is it when main tank tanks adds and what u need is more dps to these long raids that might end with a rage.
We rarely have issues with bosses raging. If it truly is a concern for you, maybe you should consider changing your approach on bosses.
Yes, I guess I need now to force everyone to log whenever I command, screw their real-lives, killing bosses is more important.
#NerfMages #AvoidBalance #WhyPlayARogue #MeatShieldOnly #HealingSlavesOnly

OP dps warrior on Belenus, hot af melee druid on Nuada. #Elementals #Apex

Yes, I guess I need now to force everyone to log whenever I command, screw their real-lives, killing bosses is more important.
It is a shame that the only way you can think of to improve yourself is to zerg.
Gibble Warrior level 217
Resurgence

Obviously. Thanks for the advice, up until today I couldnt forge myself the true path of a warrior, now I realize my true purpose in my warrior life is being a meat shield when u already have 3+ others of them and ur clan is lacking dps due ppl not logging. Thanks again, I dont know what would I do without u, considering u didnt read a single word of what I wrote and u made the dumbest argument Ive ever seen.

Thanks again.

I am only here to help. However after reading your last reply, it is abundantly clear that there is something we need to work on and that is your lack of reading comprehension. To aid you in this, I am giving you an assignment. Please review everything I have written and show where I gave any advice like what you written below. Be sure to quote me directly in your answer.
Thanks for the advice, up until today I couldnt forge myself the true path of a warrior, now I realize my true purpose in my warrior life is being a meat shield when u already have 3+ others of them and ur clan is lacking dps due ppl not logging.

To give you a head start, I will refer to the original post I made to the OP. This post was not addressed to you but you still felt the need to comment on it anyway (see pride comment above, we will work on that later). In that post I said:
" See what your clan needs, if you are in one, and do what you think is fun." This actually seems to be almost the opposite of the advice you claim I gave you, so you will have to look elsewhere.

Good luck and I look forward to your reply
Gibble Warrior level 217
Resurgence

Reply.
U say that do what u think is fun, but decide for us that dps is just 'one more thing'. Dps is the most needed thing in this game, this is dps-centered game, and for clans like my own that has a problem getting everyone on at the same time (due 50% of the clan's population being US and such and 50% EU) dps is most needed thing. Being a hybrid, I dont benefit my clan at all, not in lvling our druids as fast (considering ur druids wont out-aggro u on lvling mobs) nor I need to keep aggro and kite rather than let our guys tank. Ur clan needs extra kiting and semi tanking? We need DPS, so no, I dont feel like I need to change my approach on bosses, nor letting an actual tank do the actual tanking instead of an half-assed hybrid tank is called zerging, aye?

"Set aside your pride" then calling me a "grasshopper", if ur trying to consider urself as the wise warrior of forums and being my guru, then no thanks.

Now, as for reading, I suggest u read the whole thread again, because u aint following ur own statements.

To sum it up, I come to get tips when I ask for them, and not just by warriors (u will be surprised that other classes that are better than ur class at something can actually give great tips on how to perform that thing, such as dps), but moreover I wasnt asking a hybrid to advise me as I stopped being hybrid at lvl 160-170.
Thanks again, feel free to comment here or in PM if u feel like it bothers u that I filth the forums with my comments, when I'll want my tips I'll be sure to (not) come to u.

Hybrid is an ineffective way of being both tank and dps. If you want to level fast, or contribute to boss dps, u need to go full dps. And if you want to tank, u need to go full tank. But it costs alot of alt and rebirth books to constantly switch between roles, so if you want abit of both without burning alot of books, you have no choice but going hybrid. Its all up to you, and what role you would rather have. For me, i keep switching between roles until i reach soft cap or my goal level, then i stay full tank forever.
____________________________________________________________________________________
____________________________________________________________________________________
Immortalius Lvl 215+ Warrior
Vyper Lvl 196 Ranger

Aeon
Taranis