Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Re: Best tank stats

if you have a willing clan that will supply disks for warden armor at level 50 then this is perfect for you:
every 5 levels add 5 points to focus
every 10 levels upgrade dextarity
rest of time alternate between strength and vitality
-If you have strength above 5, your automatically not the best tank
-Focus is a bit of a waste once you have a heroic amulet of rejuvenation.

I find that a ratio 3:7 dex to vit is perfect for tanking. I will test other similar ratios in the future.
PS: don't forget to use a landguard spear :)
SirBlaze333 - 220+ Warrior
(Returning Player)

I'm new to this post thing, so please be kind...lol

I'm a level 90+ warrior and act as tank with the following gear; mighty crom shield (health regen), heroic rejuv (health and mana regen), got full warden and meteoric sword and my stats are; 5, 5 , 5, rest - everything in hp.

I never lose mana (cos of amulet), so can always do skill hits (pummel: 200+ and swing: 400+) and hp are around 3500, something like that anyways - this gives your druids time to heal you, even after a few big hits. I believe your job as a tank is to survive and keep the enemy from hitting your group, so max out taunt and protective stance, along with pummel and swing - I'm keeping other points spare, just in case we get some new skills in update?

Hope that helps...
Warrior: Steebo Level 135+
Druid: Kast - Level 90+
World: Taranis
Clan: theILLUMINATI

hp are around 3500, something like that anyways - this gives your druids time to heal you
The druid still must heal you more than you are getting damaged. That is a lot of health, but constant 300's will surpass the heals you are recieving. That is why I include dexterity in my build. I have enough health and have plenty of defense. Just my opinion; Do what you will
(Returning Player)

yeah we have quite a few good druids in my clan, and they all heal 400+ and some 500+ now, so it seems to work well - although the new red bosses hurt a lot..lol

Interesting about dexterity, i was told it doesnt help that much in boss fights only in normal mob fights, as you can very rarely manage to dodge or block boss attacks? could be wrong advice, so it would be interesting to know your thoughts, as someone that actively has high dexterity.

yeah we have quite a few good druids in my clan, and they all heal 400+ and some 500+ now, so it seems to work well - although the new red bosses hurt a lot..lol

Interesting about dexterity, i was told it doesnt help that much in boss fights only in normal mob fights, as you can very rarely manage to dodge or block boss attacks? could be wrong advice, so it would be interesting to know your thoughts, as someone that actively has high dexterity.
Well, with dex, you don't dodge all the time in boss fights, but even 1/10 is good (Not saying thats the rate). Besides, why have extra health, when you can have dex? It helps to have a dodge here and there because you get healed to full every time.
(Returning Player)

Thanks for info. Just so you know, even with my stats i still dodge some hits, only melee ones though - not sure you can dodge skill attacks such as vines and lightening strike - unless you can tell me otherwise? and i said the extra health comes in very handy with the new red bosses - they hurt real bad...

I think for newby tanks, go with what suits you and your clan, but as you can see from me and SirBlaze333, try not to waste points in strength and focus.

Good luck in your build.

if you have a willing clan that will supply disks for warden armor at level 50 then this is perfect for you:

I find that a ratio 3:7 dex to vit is perfect for tanking. I will test other similar ratios in the future.
Meteoric > Landguard.
More Health, lightweight, higher DPS to hold aggro better and 15 armor boosr wont do much, not the defence for all that matter.
Rosmerta
Formerly the original Eo.
iOS Beta Tester Pre-Otherworld
Currently KEnergy
Been a Part of the Greatest Clans in Rosmerta through the thick and thin.
Templars - TemplarElites - Synergy - KSksers - Alliance - United - Revenge - Mythology

Meteoric > Landguard.
More Health, lightweight, higher DPS to hold aggro better and 15 armor boosr wont do much, not the defence for all that matter.
Idc about dps if I can get more defensive while I TANK. My weight doesnt matter because I never run out of energy.
Landguard>Meteoric
More armor, more defense, TAUNT

I still use meteoric, but that's when I'm not tanking.
(Returning Player)

OK so I'm pretty new to the Warrior class (lvl40ish atm), but my plan for my warrior alt is to be pretty much a 80/20 split towards DPS warrior, only reason 20% to HP is for survivability... you get a free book of alt after completing the catacombs quest, and a rebirth for the Stonevale quests... so this means once I'm high enough LVL to get onto all those Stonevale boss quests, then I will have the book of alt stored, and will have just earnt a book of rebirth, so i can reassign all my stats and skill to full tankmode...

Well this was my plan as there were so few tanks on Arawn, but we don't seem to have this problem at the moment... we have 5 or 6 great quality tanks that can cut it... I think I'll still go for it though, if I want full DPS I'll start a rogue toon... (my plan for once my ipod touch arrives :-) )
General of Seed - Crom
Druid 216+ & 130 something on Arawn retured in 2013
Rangers 221+ And 190+
Rogues 220+, 210+, 150+, 97+ & 150 on Arawn retired in 2013
Mage 214+
Warrior 218+

Ex member of Badabing, Celts, Uskoci & Serenity on Arawn