Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Weapon or armor first?

Hi, I am a new player and have been reading the guides for everything but they only really focus on endgame related gear/stats and not really what weapons or armor to go for while leveling your way up in the world.

My stats are:

Level: 53
Str: 100
Dex: 50
Focus: 25
Vit: 115

My main skills are:

Protective Stance (15/15)
Giant Swing (15/15)
Shield Bash (10/15)

My gear is my biggest issue right now. For armor I have a plate helm, dauntless breastplate, reinforced kite shield, hammered scale boots, ancient scale gauntlets, and hammered scale greaves. I am always forced to use protective stance (15/15) because otherwise I take too much damage too quickly due to my low armor stats.

For my weapon I have an ancient short sword. I kill too slowly, in my opinion, with this weapon. I currently run a rogue that kills twice at fast and is 12 levels below my warrior.

I currently only have 11k in gold and don't plan on buying or using plat. My question is, what weapon/gear should I go for right now that would help significantly increase my dps and therefore speed up my leveling process (took me nearly 10-15 minutes to kill Ducaris the 6 star level 30 with the help of a druid keeping me healed), and also what armor should I go for (or should i just stick to the quest line and save money for warden)?

Thanks for any help. My warrior is on Lugh.

Re: Weapon or armor first?

TBH if I were you I would ditch the dex points and shove them into vit. Get yourself a cheap offhand and start using that, instead of the shield. Swap your points in shield bash into pummel. That way you would have a warrior who has high health and your protective stance should keep you alive while you kill things more quickly than you have done. Agree about not buying stuff but lurk around shalemont ravine and ask for a connacht sword which might have more dmg. I am sure that someone will sell for 100 or so. Apart from that keep on the lookout for people selling their main and offhands. If the lux trader only gives 1/4 of the value then you should offer half and see if they take it. Good luck.
d5
d5
lvl193 warrior
lvl116 ranger
lvl111 mage
lvl110 druid
lvl178 rogue
lvl140 mage
lvl196 mage
lvl142 rogue

Drop shieldbash!! Its an energy drainer and useless at your lvl. Put points in pummel or try to buy double attack cheap. But weapon always before armour because warriors have proc stance. Offhand is a bit difficult: golden blade is too expensive for you I think ;) so maybe get a golden or silver blade of battle (or axe). They are pretty nice. For armour: get lvl 60 asap and buy discs for warden armour. Discs for gloves and boots are cheap (at max 2k).
With this you should be a bit bette. But best way to get stronger: lvl up :)
Ephraim, 191 Dps Rogue
Bonfire!!!
Proud part of Resurgence/Arawn
aka Ezekiell

Urgh it's so hard to play without some lux.

In my opinion, I think you should buy some Redclaw from Angus MacLir in Farcrag to replace your breastplate, greaves, and helmet. (Make sure to wear a hat though, because the helm looks pretty bad.) And like the others said, don't use shield bash. Put some more points in pummel and make sure you have a decent bandage wounds. If you find someone selling an ancient falchion for a low price, buy it. After all that, you should start lvling up and saving up for warden.

And when you get some good amounts of money, at lvl 60+ you should get flint offhand. It adds heaps of damage, so you kill faster.
World- Sulis
FrostKnight- LVL 222 Ranger
FrostDagger- LVL 198 Rogue
Sancus- LVL 197 Mage

drop shield bash and put the points in pummel

drop dex and put them in vit

get ancient scale gloves, boots, and helm
get redclaw bp and greaves

the ancient sword is good for now
if i were you i wouldve gotten the tower shield instead of the kite
but theres really no need to switch right now as the kite shield is good enough
Danu:
Deathreaver - level 136 Warrior
Flametongue - level 62 Mage

Cool, I just got a tower shield drop so I'll be using that instead. Also, should I buy ancient falchion or just go ahead and save up for flint sword? What's the speed and price difference between the two? Is it worth it for the extra cost?

Also, what the heck is the new level for Warden sword now?

I think warden sword is lvl 60 now. You can also try to buy a pre update quartz sword. Its better than flit with same requirements.
Ephraim, 191 Dps Rogue
Bonfire!!!
Proud part of Resurgence/Arawn
aka Ezekiell