Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Tank Build

I am NOT the best tank in game, nor my world or whatever, this is probably not even a good guide so advice would be nice.

As you may all know, I'm EnergyK, tank of the clan TemplarElites (Rosmerta). I will share my build here and also how to level it.
Items to get in order.

1. Energization Necklace
2. Ancient Falchion
3. Redclaw Armor
4. Ancient Armor
5. Golden Shield of Valour
6. Golden Blade of Battle

Levels 1-10

In the beginning, basically just complete the story line as far as you can. Basically buy as many skills as you can. At this point, all you need is Meditate, Bandage Wounds, Protective Stance, Giant Swing, and Pummel.

Skills:
Meditate 5/5
Bandage Wounds 4/5
Pummel 1/5
Giant Swing 1/5
Protective Stance 1/5

Stats: Try and keep them balanced at this point.
Str: 15
Dex: 15
Focus: 15
Vit: 25

Levels 11-20

Begin training around Northern Penninsula with those damn Raiders and Hounds, etc. At this point you should just be saving your gold for Falchion and Tower Shield.

Skills:
Meditate 10/10
Bandage Wounds 4/10
Rest 1/10

Stats:
Str: 20
Dex: 35
Focus: 20
Vit: Rest into here.

Levels 20-30

Make your way into Dustwither Catacombs and begin training there. At about 20-25 you want to train in the spots before Death's Caress, then after around the Cadavers, Boneguards, etc until 30. Try to do the Boss quest and keep the Book Of Alteration for later.

Skills:
Meditate 15/15
Bandage Wounds 10/15
Protective Stance 4/15
Rest 1/15
Protective Stance 4/15

Stats:
Str: 25
Dex: 50
Focus: 25
Rest Vit.

Levels 30-50

Begin your long grinding journey to Shalemont Ravine. Start grinding around the scouts until about 35, then make your way across the bridge near the woodcutter. When you're about 40, move to the area near Notchspire and Greywall and proceed to grind there. At about 45-48, grind the Ribbonswords and Duelists until 50.

Skills:
Meditate 15/15
Bandage Wounds 15/15
Protective Stance 15/15
Giant Swing 4/15
Rest 1/15

Stats:
Str: 50
Focus: 40
Rest Vit.

Note: At this point try to buy those skill slots.

Levels 50-55

Make your way to Stonevale's Northern Road and begin to fight boars you can defeat. Avoid Bosshog's as they will Gore you in the ass.

Skills:
Bandage Wounds 15/15
Meditate 15/15
Protective Stance 15/15
Giant Swing 9/15
Rest 1/15

Stats:
Focus: 50
Rest Vitality

Levels 55-60

Make your way all the way to Southern Road and begin fighting the red wisps. Avoid the Sunblaze Wisps and Summer ones if you can't defeat them.

Skills:
Bandage Wounds 15/15
Meditate 15/15
Protective Stance 15/15
Giant Swing 10/15
Pummel 4/15
Rest 1/15

Stats:
Dex: 65
Rest Vit.

Note: At this point an Ancient Falchion and/or Silver/Gold Amulet of Energization or Rejuvination Necklaces.

Levels 60-67

Make your way slightly north of the Farm to blue wisps and begin killing them all RAWR!.

Skills:
Bandage Wounds 15/15
Meditate 15/15
Protective Stance 15/15
Giant Swing 10/15
Taunt 11/15

*Note: If you have Energization Necklace then use the following:

Bandage Wounds 15/15
Protective Stance 15/15
Giant Swing 15/15
Pummel 15/15
Taunt 6/15

Stats:
Rest Vit.

Levels 68-75

Now make your way into the main area with the ponies with strap-ons, wisps, etc and go kill stuff. At this point you should have Energization Necklace (50K), Ancient Falchion, and whatever armor you managed to have left over.

Skills:
Bandage Wounds 15/15
Protective Stance 15/15
Taunt 15/15
Giant Swing 15/15
Pummel 15/15

Stats:
Rest Vit.

Levels 76+

Start training in Druid's Circle. When you clear that, head into the main area and kill the druids on the edges along with the Poison Wisps and Red Ponies.

Skills:
Aim for Pummel, Giant Swing, Protective Stance, Taunt, Bandage Wounds, and either Frenzy/Shield Bash. Personally I use Frenzy which allows me to DPS somewhat.

Stats:
Rest Vit.

Good luck on your tank and have fun(:

EnergyK currently LVL 82, almost 83.
Rosmerta
Formerly the original Eo.
iOS Beta Tester Pre-Otherworld
Currently KEnergy
Been a Part of the Greatest Clans in Rosmerta through the thick and thin.
Templars - TemplarElites - Synergy - KSksers - Alliance - United - Revenge - Mythology

Re: Tank Build

That is the build that I use:

Strength 40 (I might want to boost it a bit to make fights shorter)
Dexterity 5 (it seems to be almost totally useless for a warrior)
Focus 80 (you do need your energy for taunting, protective stance and also casting an occasional Great Swing to speed up the fight)
Vitality everything else

Apart from the armour the items which I find particularly useful are:
- the amulet of rejuvenation
- Golden Shield of Valuor
- the Warden Sword
They all add hp, which I have now around 2300.

Regarding skils:
*Pummel 15/15
*Great Swing 15/15
Medidate - 15/15 but don't use anymore (10 sigils and rejuvenation do the trick)
*Bandage 15/15
Healing - don't really use anymore
*Taunt 15/15 (even with full taunt some bosses need me to cast it 2-3 times before they start attacking me
Frenzy 1/15
*Protective stance 15/15
Shield bashing 1/15, but I am considering turning to this all my medidate points, even though I hear this is not very effective

Xxaritus (Herne)
Warrior lvl 84

Hey.
I'm a tank. A not to bad tank. But I have my stats at:

70 str
5 vit
30 focus
Rest vit.

Do u need to have dex cos I have heard u don't and alot of people on my world don't have anything or very little on it.?.?
Like most tanks I want to be the best and tank everything. So for that do I need dex.?.?
Ty :)
Bean - 94 - Warrior - Rhiannon

Hey.

70 str
5 vit
30 focus
Rest vit.

Do u need to have dex cos I have heard u don't and alot of people on my world don't have anything or very little on it.?.?
Like most tanks I want to be the best and tank everything. So for that do I need dex.?.?
Helps me dodge a bit more, and more accurate with sword. Don't put much, maybe 50 at best.
Rosmerta
Formerly the original Eo.
iOS Beta Tester Pre-Otherworld
Currently KEnergy
Been a Part of the Greatest Clans in Rosmerta through the thick and thin.
Templars - TemplarElites - Synergy - KSksers - Alliance - United - Revenge - Mythology

Hey.

70 str
5 vit
30 focus
Rest vit.

Hey beano, I know you know me as a DPS right now, but i used to be a tank. A very good one :)
I had 90 dex before the first major update, and barely got hit. After the update, I had these stats (I was around level 60): 40 50 20 210

For my level, i was amazing. I got hit way less then I do now and had alot of health. I would say yes to having dex. If you have items with a defense bonus (not armor), then you should probably have 20 dex. If not, 40 dex is plenty. I think that 20-40 stat points shouldnt be a big deal, especialy if it's going to up your survivability. You can take those points from strength, or even vitality. If you take it from vitality, thats about 124-248 Health. So don't take it all from vitality, if any at all.

Tanking is definetly not about damage, so 5 strength is fine if you want to be "the best". Though, your leveling will be slower. If i turned back into a tank (Which I might later on), I would probably have this setup 5 30 30 Rest in Vit
SirBlaze333 - 220+ Warrior
(Returning Player)

I like to think myself as a dpstank i do damge and yes i can tank stonevale bosses my stats r:

Strength- 100
Dextirity- 60
Focus- 60
Vitality- 215

Please let me know if u would lrefer me to change a couple to stats to vitality
Proud Clansman of Avalon
“Knowledge talks, wisdom listens.”
“Don’t let your victories go to your head, or your failures go to your heart.”

If you need any advice, tips or have any questions don't hesitate to PM me

I like to think myself as a dpstank i do damge and yes i can tank stonevale bosses my stats r:

Strength- 100
Dextirity- 60
Focus- 60
Vitality- 215

Please let me know if u would lrefer me to change a couple to stats to vitality
I would say your a mixed warrior, not specificaly a tank or dps warrrior. Looking at your stats, i would say you should either take a side and specialize or keep enough stat points in vitality to tank falgren and then dumping the points into strength.

Take a look at your currant stats and compare them to my old stats. The only improvement on tanking for you opposed to me is the extra 5 vitality and 10 dex.
(Returning Player)

Thanks man muchly appreciated
Proud Clansman of Avalon
“Knowledge talks, wisdom listens.”
“Don’t let your victories go to your head, or your failures go to your heart.”

If you need any advice, tips or have any questions don't hesitate to PM me

Hey.

70 str
5 vit
30 focus
Rest vit.

Hey beano, I know you know me as a DPS right now, but i used to be a tank. A very good one :)
I had 90 dex before the first major update, and barely got hit. After the update, I had these stats (I was around level 60): 40 50 20 210

For my level, i was amazing. I got hit way less then I do now and had alot of health. I would say yes to having dex. If you have items with a defense bonus (not armor), then you should probably have 20 dex. If not, 40 dex is plenty. I think that 20-40 stat points shouldnt be a big deal, especialy if it's going to up your survivability. You can take those points from strength, or even vitality. If you take it from vitality, thats about 124-248 Health. So don't take it all from vitality, if any at all.

Tanking is definetly not about damage, so 5 strength is fine if you want to be "the best". Though, your leveling will be slower. If i turned back into a tank (Which I might later on), I would probably have this setup 5 30 30 Rest in Vit
Edit: To be the best Boss-Tank (specifically built for bosses), put 5 5 30-40 Rest in Vit and skip the dex
(Returning Player)

Hey.

70 str
5 vit
30 focus
Rest vit.

Edit: To be the best Boss-Tank (specifically built for bosses), put 5 5 30-40 Rest in Vit and skip the dex
Hey blaze.
To have 5 str u need to have the warden weapon. Witch I do not. I have changed my stats a while ago to
40 str
5 dex
5 focus
And rest in vit (I think 375 but not sure)
I'm lvl 83 atm the only reason why I have 5 focus is that I have rejuv ammy so it takes care of it.
Once I get my wardon weapon I will change again to something like.
5 str
15-30 dex
5 focus
Rest in vit
This will mean that I will have no problems tanking anything.

I find that being a tank makes u lvl faster than a dps because u can solo higher lvls if u don't mind using pots sometimes
Bean - 94 - Warrior - Rhiannon