Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Master Crafted Bodkin of Vigor vs Heroic Amulet of Vigor

Hi everyone, I am currently a level 51 rogue on Herne. I currently have 160,000 gold (gift from a departing friend). I was wondering if at this point I should purchase a Master Crafted Bodkin of Vigor (140,000) or save up for a Heroic Amulet of Vigor (180,000). Right now I still have the starting offhand and vicious sharp langsax making my total piercing damage a mere 24. Having the bodkin would increase it by more than 50% (up by 15 to 39). The damage boost is really nice right now, but I also realize that there are better offhands in the otherworld which isn't too far away. I don't have any regen right now, and I'm basically leveling by myself without spending plat so it takes a little bit between fights to attack another mob (I just purchased life steal so it is a bit faster now). The bodkin adds some regen (10) while adding damage, while the ammy only adds more regen (20). Also, thinking to the future, which one would be more useful/easier to resell if I get better replacements (which I don't expect to get for a while as I'm not using much plat).

Thank you for your feedback!

Re: Master Crafted Bodkin of Vigor vs Heroic Amulet of Vigor

Just shout in castle buying golden dagger of venom 160k it will give you regent and damage
How much damage/regen does it give?
20 pierce (translated to about 60-100 with strength)
30 poison (poison is unrestisted on most mobs this level, so adding 30 damage means your autos will hit 30 damage higher.
Then it adds 100attack, meaning you land more hits.
And 75health/energy
With 15 regens to each at that level, which is pretty.
Honestly don't worry about getting a hero ammy it's very very overrated. Normally I get the heroic ammy of energy on my play-throughs and I use that until level 140, but on my mage I dropped the ammy altogether at 110 and used the emberdrake necjelace that added abilities, focus, and vit
I know that's off topic but I wanted to show how regen really doesn't do much at all. Normally I get 10-80 energy regen from gear on my toons, although when I play mage or druid I completely look over the regen on all my gear and I did that even on my 205 mage.
Some like the added regen for leveling, but I just pop a hero energy regen lix, which is only 500-1000 gold, compared to the extra 100k I would pay for energy regen, that would barely dent my energy problems
Although admittedly my mage is only a lure mage now, and doesn't require the same energy upholds, my point still stands, as one is capable of using heroic energy elixirs.
This also held true on my rogue, although usually at bosses I found simply the needed use of restos here and there covered my energy consumption.

If you read all that, gratz. If not?
TLDR; the energy regen added by gear is so little it shouldn't decide what you do offhand wise. And health regen in this entire game is a joke except below level 30 unless you use lux solely for the purpose of energy regen, which lets be honest will make your dps lower than Morgan Freeman's balls.

Honestly, if I were you I would go for a golden blade of magic or fire.

Also, what server are you on? I may be able to multiply what you have ten fold for free :3
Wafflez.
(|%}^=

TLDR; the energy regen added by gear is so little it shouldn't decide what you do offhand wise. And health regen in this entire game is a joke except below level 30 unless you use lux solely for the purpose of energy regen, which lets be honest will make your dps lower than Morgan Freeman's balls.

Also, what server are you on? I may be able to multiply what you have ten fold for free :3
Thank you for your insight. So I guess as long as I kill mobs quick enough I don't really need the regen. Thank you! I'm on Herne btw :p

Thank you for your insight. So I guess as long as I kill mobs quick enough I don't really need the regen. Thank you! I'm on Herne btw :p
Not exactly, but at level 80 with lux you can reach 2k hp. 15health regen isn't going to begin to deny that
Wafflez.
(|%}^=

Forget the low lvl offhands, buy energy sigils instead with your gold, enough to fill your total energy in 1-2 tics max, preferably one tic which isn't costly at all at your lvl. Lifesteal will tc of your hp, let sigils worry about your energy. You can worry about offhands when you access the lvl 100 lux shop.
Adrohan - 226 Rogue, Fingal
Get kills or die trying!
First Mordris n Necro kill on Android, nuff said
http://www.celticheroes.net/profile.php?hero=Adrohan

Forget the low lvl offhands, buy energy sigils instead with your gold, enough to fill your total energy in 1-2 tics max, preferably one tic which isn't costly at all at your lvl. Lifesteal will tc of your hp, let sigils worry about your energy. You can worry about offhands when you access the lvl 100 lux shop.
Level 50 and 100 offhands have such little difference that the level 50 ones are worthwhile to use until 150
Wafflez.
(|%}^=