Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Guide to locking (for smaller clans)

I have been debating making this for a long time but it's time i made it.
I will be covering frozen, aggy, dl, and a mix of all three in one build.
Please note that I will not be touching on any items that drop from raid bosses; I include aggy as a raid boss because it is, it's just current gear makes it an easy one.
Keep in mind this is just a foundation.

INTRO: STATS AND SKILLS
I find a stat build of your vitality as double your level and the rest into dexterity an amazing fit until you get to the level to lock higher dl bosses.
Skills:
Max shadowstrike
Max quickstrike
Double attack 10 levels above you
Max poison weapon
Extras in life steal (suggested)
Have filter players on and quickly tap the place where the mob spawns then tap ss. You should attack in this order: ss, qs, double attack, with poison weapon on, recasting as needed, lifesteal as needed. Level 1 rend also useful to get two quick autos in

PART 1: FROZEN
I have found that the optimal leve for locking frozen bosses is 140. The reason for this being you are only 5 levels above pyrus and grommak, which allows you to easily lock bosses as low as eye but also lock a super grommak (level 145 with 5 drops)
Hands: ancient beastbone
Feet: frozen boots
Helm: frozen cowl
Legs: obsidian
Chest: obsidian
I use this armor mix because the obsidian armor adds a good amount of health, the frozen pieces add enough chaos resistance to survive an aoe or two, while the gloves are good damage to quickstrike. You can go for full frozen for added divine damage and chaos resistance.
Dagger: wrymbone
I like the damage on here, it compliments double attack well.
Offhand: level 100 ice strength axe
It doesn't have to be ice, but obviously the fire one doesn't do tons of damage to pyrus and otherworld mobs are resistant to magic damage. Some suggest the haste dagger offhands, but the strength added by this offhand is great as it increases your auto damage significantly.
Ammy: brightstone (140) stalker ammy
This ammy adds great energy to help with skill spamming. Not to mention the skill is also great to use. The cold damage isn't bad either.
Misc: for here, try to get a dex one or if you're lucky an emberdrake recast charm for quick strike.
Bracelets:
Godly dexterity
The second one is up to you. Some prefer to use godly strength but I enjoy skill ones.
Rings:
For the first two rings, try to get +4/5 shadowstrike rings. The event ones are amazing. +3 is also good if you can't get your hands on a better one, but I don't suggest going lower. These can be substituted with rings that add dexterity or skill points if needed
Haste ring
Poison weapon ring
These two rings make an amazing combo, working together with poison weapon to make your auto dps skyrocket.

PART 2: AGGY
For aggy locking, really you want the same gear as the past one. The only difference is now you get access to the 150 wyldshrine ammy with the 2k Pierce damage skill that works great.
Since you can be 20 levels above a boss with no penalty to the lock, I suggest being level 170 here.
This gives you access to full dl (mix and match dl with alchemical/occult if you don't have full set yet)
For dagger I suggest going with the 160 ancient wrymbone dagger.
The best offhand here is the 150 fire axe, as aggy has decently high ice resist.

PART 3: DL
for dl locking the best level is to be 180. This gives you access to dl weapons, 40skill point max, and the 180 lux shop vendor. This one I'm going to say strictly but you can always change it.
Helm: dl (hrung ss helm better but not on this guide as it's meant for secondary clans who likely don't kill hrung) (or occult)
Chest: dl (or occult)
Legs: dl (or occult)
Boots: dl (or occult)
Gloves: dl (or occult)
Dagger: dl (or 180 shop)
Offhand: dl rondol (or 180 fire axe)
Ammy: 140 stalker ammy or 150 wyld sun ammy
Misc: see part 1
Bracelets: stack strength, dexterity, skill points, etc as you can here.
Rings:
First two MUST be +5 ss.
Reaper ring (or 180 haste ring)
+10 quickstrike if possible

If you have questions simply reply to this or pm me.
Wafflez.
(|%}^=

Re: Guide to locking (for smaller clans)

The lower tier emberdrake misc might not be to great for lower lvls. If your gonna use a posion wep ring as least hotbar swap it out after casting.
The lvl 150 version ammy gives a skill that does 4k pierce dmg not 2k lol
An axe offhand over a lvl 150 haste dagger at dl? Its understandable below lvl150 but at dl seriously? Giving up 200 dex that increases ss dmg, a handy attack skill on 6*, and a ring slot for an axe that gives some str and more auto dmg. With a good lock group dl can be locked within seconds from skills u might land 1 or 2 autos and thats it but a huge part comes from your skills especially ss.
Why use an occult helm which adds to assassinate when anc bb adds to ss
Rings:
First two MUST be +5 ss.
Yea even the majority of top geared lock rogues can get 2 plus 5 ss rings xD

Abit off topic but havnt seen ya in awhile so just wondering how did lvl to 180 in a week go for u?

http://dragonsouls.gamerlaunch.com

That toon I didn't level to 180 I stuck it at 150 to lock the lower dl/aggy/higher frozen that uac does most of
You kept your war at 150 to lock bosses?
Rogue.
My only war lost all support from clan and was refused valuable gear to it causing it to fail at tanking dl (yet when I had nothing but 4/5 warden I was able to tank a super woody and normal grom effortlessly)
Wafflez.
(|%}^=

DL: A secondary clan probably wont have access to dl weaps. And a dl locker should not be using a 180 axe. The best weap to use is a celerity dagger. Replacing the need for a haste ring(reaper ring is pretty bad for a locker lol). Also gl getting atleast 2 +5 ss rings, dom clans would struggle with that also. And a +10 qs ring? Idk where anyone is getting one of those lol. Maybe you mean godly silverweb ring? With 190 req(you said you wanna be lvl 180...). i have never even seen one of those before. Also ancient beast bone helm is better than dl helm. It adds 300 direct damage and easily obtainable by non dom clan. I would only use dl helm if it was to keep dl aura. And a locker shouldnt be stacking up on str. They want as much dex and cunning as possible. Ss locks 99% of bosses.

FROZEN: For best locking abilities, you only hotswap a poison weaps ring and actually use a dex/str boosting gear or damage rings. Get ss as close to lvl 50 as possible. Also energy is always a huge issue so frozen set can in many cases be better than this mix and match. And the divine def helps a lot aswell.

AGGY: I alwas thought ice was better than fire on aggy but maybe i am wrong. Idk much about this aside from mages lock aggy, not rogues.
Arawn
Ventius - level 227 ranger of dawn
Epona
Ventius - level 222 noob ranger of Enigma
Belenus
Ventius - level 163 druid

RIP badabing

Your newest blue name who has dreams to one day be purple

I'm referring to aggy qs rings, and yes I know secondary clans probably won't have many dl weps but it happens.
Doesn't that break your rule of not including aggy drops? Sorry, but if you're going to set rules for yourself, follow them.
aside from this, how many godly aggy +10 qs rings have ever dropped lol
Arawn
Ventius - level 227 ranger of dawn
Epona
Ventius - level 222 noob ranger of Enigma
Belenus
Ventius - level 163 druid

RIP badabing

Your newest blue name who has dreams to one day be purple

I'm referring to aggy qs rings, and yes I know secondary clans probably won't have many dl weps but it happens.
Doesn't that break your rule of not including aggy drops? Sorry, but if you're going to set rules for yourself, follow them.
aside from this, how many godly aggy +10 qs rings have ever dropped lol
Aren't godly aggy rings +15?

And when you're a dl locker it's a whole different ballgame considering aggy, which can be killed with as little as two people and I believe someone recently solod aggy.
Wafflez.
(|%}^=