Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Re: 1-221*UPDATED*

How?
Could You Make A DETAILED Comparsion Please?
Locking:
Mages can't lock 4*'s- takes about 3 secs for firebolt/shards to hit, takes 0 secs for ss to hit. If firebolt/shards does hit a 4* placeholder it does 1000 dmg, adding a lure means more time wasted. Full mage combo takes about 7+ secs, while ss qs sneaky takes 2. Edge- rogues by far

Soloing:
Impossible to solo 4* mobs as a mage in tower, have to watch where other mobs are so u dont aoe multiple and get wrecked, no auto dmg, no armor, no decent dmg reduction skills. Rogues not on haste can solo more effectively than mages on all lix. Edge- rogues by far

Gear:
High tier mage gear is very hard to get (imperial/godly spider rings, skulls, hrung helms, mordris braces). Rogue is even harder to find godly/void gear due to competition for drops, but you can substitute shop lux and get comparable stats. Edge- rogues

Farming:
Ice blast and firestorm are nice and all, but with no armor and no healing skills you won't last long farming higher level mobs unless you have sigs. Shadowstrike and riposte with reflexes make rogues easier for farming (can afk auto farm as a rogue too). Edge- rogues

Raid/6* edl bosses:
Even with a maxed lure, mage skills hit very low compared to max dmg on most bosses, some exceptions being onyxclaw, 195, and 200 event drag. Usually there is a pierce lure mage present anyways so the lures give no extra benefit to mages. You will seldom find a mage in the lock group for mordris or hrungnir. Edge- rogues

Dl/edl weps:
Among all the dl/edl armor pieces, weps, and offhands, the only one I would use is an edl offhand. But since the skill cooldown starts once I get to a boss (after getting off mount and equipping book) I sometimes don't even get to cast the offhand skill before lock happens. Ancient beastbone is better than edl gloves for many builds. Whereas dl/edl set is a must for rogues and the offhands are very useful for locks. Edge- rogues

pvp:
Noone really cares. A good pvp mage uses skills he normally wouldnt on a dps build (e shield, ice, maybe freeze, offhand shield). A dps rogue destroys a dps mage in half a second.

Plat expense:
Mages have to alt often (if you freeze mordris), a rogue doesn't. I run 2100 hp and 2500 e sigs on a mage, a rogue doesn't need sigs. Edge- rogues

I'll admit I was being very biased and mages aren't all that awful. But there are very few situations I can think of where an extra mage is more useful than an extra rogue
Level 220 mage- InnerCircle of Rhiannon
Necro, proteus, unox kills :D
http://www.celticheroes.net/profile.php?hero=runvs

How?
Kind of impossible with the variety of builds you can use for both classes. Neither is better than either. They both have their pros and cons
Zyz 220 Druid
Noah Fences 220 Rogue

How?
Locking:
Mages can't lock 4*'s- takes about 3 secs for firebolt/shards to hit, takes 0 secs for ss to hit. If firebolt/shards does hit a 4* placeholder it does 1000 dmg, adding a lure means more time wasted. Full mage combo takes about 7+ secs, while ss qs sneaky takes 2. Edge- rogues by far

Soloing:
Impossible to solo 4* mobs as a mage in tower, have to watch where other mobs are so u dont aoe multiple and get wrecked, no auto dmg, no armor, no decent dmg reduction skills. Rogues not on haste can solo more effectively than mages on all lix. Edge- rogues by far

Gear:
High tier mage gear is very hard to get (imperial/godly spider rings, skulls, hrung helms, mordris braces). Rogue is even harder to find godly/void gear due to competition for drops, but you can substitute shop lux and get comparable stats. Edge- rogues

Farming:
Ice blast and firestorm are nice and all, but with no armor and no healing skills you won't last long farming higher level mobs unless you have sigs. Shadowstrike and riposte with reflexes make rogues easier for farming (can afk auto farm as a rogue too). Edge- rogues

Raid/6* edl bosses:
Even with a maxed lure, mage skills hit very low compared to max dmg on most bosses, some exceptions being onyxclaw, 195, and 200 event drag. Usually there is a pierce lure mage present anyways so the lures give no extra benefit to mages. You will seldom find a mage in the lock group for mordris or hrungnir. Edge- rogues

Dl/edl weps:
Among all the dl/edl armor pieces, weps, and offhands, the only one I would use is an edl offhand. But since the skill cooldown starts once I get to a boss (after getting off mount and equipping book) I sometimes don't even get to cast the offhand skill before lock happens. Ancient beastbone is better than edl gloves for many builds. Whereas dl/edl set is a must for rogues and the offhands are very useful for locks. Edge- rogues

pvp:
Noone really cares. A good pvp mage uses skills he normally wouldnt on a dps build (e shield, ice, maybe freeze, offhand shield). A dps rogue destroys a dps mage in half a second.

Plat expense:
Mages have to alt often (if you freeze mordris), a rogue doesn't. I run 2100 hp and 2500 e sigs on a mage, a rogue doesn't need sigs. Edge- rogues

I'll admit I was being very biased and mages aren't all that awful. But there are very few situations I can think of where an extra mage is more useful than an extra rogue
You have some good points. But we have a couple mages that solo 4* mobs in the tower just fine. They're using a shield offhand and armor+vitality lux and able to pull multiple mobs using cloak of fire and fire lures and killing just as fast as any rogue
Zyz 220 Druid
Noah Fences 220 Rogue

A full dps mage kills mobs slower than a full dps rogue. A rogue with some vit and reflexes is still close to max dps, whereas a mage with shield offhand and vit/armor boosting gear (i don't think there is any armor lux is there?) is much worse dps than on a full dps build. Cloak hits extremely low (maybe like 500 dmg), and you can't even tank more than 2 mobs anyways to allow cloak to actually be somewhat effective. If you have 8k hp you could last awhile while tanking multiple mobs, but let's say there's a 4* and 2 3* on you. It will take 20 secs to have a lure on all 3, and then even with cloak and firestorm you're gonna spend at least a minute and a half killing them all. By the end of those kills you're maybe at 2k hp. So you either have a couple thousand sigs or you're gonna have to pot 5 times. What level are the mages you're referring to? And is their gear just very good?
Level 220 mage- InnerCircle of Rhiannon
Necro, proteus, unox kills :D
http://www.celticheroes.net/profile.php?hero=runvs

A full dps mage kills mobs slower than a full dps rogue. A rogue with some vit and reflexes is still close to max dps, whereas a mage with shield offhand and vit/armor boosting gear (i don't think there is any armor lux is there?) is much worse dps than on a full dps build. Cloak hits extremely low (maybe like 500 dmg), and you can't even tank more than 2 mobs anyways to allow cloak to actually be somewhat effective. If you have 8k hp you could last awhile while tanking multiple mobs, but let's say there's a 4* and 2 3* on you. It will take 20 secs to have a lure on all 3, and then even with cloak and firestorm you're gonna spend at least a minute and a half killing them all. By the end of those kills you're maybe at 2k hp. So you either have a couple thousand sigs or you're gonna have to pot 5 times. What level are the mages you're referring to? And is their gear just very good?
I'm referring to level 190 and 200 mages. Yes their gear is good. These individuals also have rogues of the same level so they do have a fair comparison. I've also leveled with those two classes at that level so I'm able to observe.

I've also seen high level mages spend forever killing 3 and 4 star mobs. But then I've seen rogues who have less than spectacular dps. I would say that the mage that outdpses the rogue in the tower and levels as fast is not the norm but is possible.

Really my point in all that was to say that depending on gear, mages can have very fast kills without a flimsy build. And my other point that one class isn't better than another except the one that the player prefers playing.
Zyz 220 Druid
Noah Fences 220 Rogue

Rogues are easier, but mages are far more fun to play. That's from my experience, anyway.

Especially when you have fire/assassin lure, you make a huge difference to any boss fight and can attack from a distance.
A mage at heart... Fire mage that is.
Currently actively playing the game.

Mages use assassins lure for rogues, rogues are selfish and dont use expose weaknesses :)
#NerfMages #AvoidBalance #WhyPlayARogue #MeatShieldOnly #HealingSlavesOnly

OP dps warrior on Belenus, hot af melee druid on Nuada. #Elementals #Apex

This is not a Mage v Rogue thread, please don't derail it

If you feel like having a class discussion between the 2 make a different thread please, a guy asked a question on rogues and it was answered, no more needs to be said on the matter

-thank you!
Oderint Dum Metuant.

Hey friddo , as I told you , I started playing my lvl 68 rogue and been taking screenshots all that time , right now I'm 130 , if you would like to have the screenshots so they support your guide feel free to contact me.
Lugh
Keiros - Lvl 159 - Rogue / Best Chests Seller In Lugh ;)