Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Rogues

The most recent beta patch today has granted the new obelisk boss 100% immunity to venom damage, (previously 75%) rendering all dex rogues useless for the second event in a row, and causing me to ask myself "is otm intentionally trying to subdue rogues based off of complaints on forums, or is this all just about boss variety for events?"

I could easily agree with the latter, but the spider boss easily fulfills that purpose, and I don't see the point in doing the same exact thing back to back, unless it's intentional. This event, venom damage is resisted about 75% and rogues get a qs ring and assasinate/qs and lifesteal/reflexes charms (not getting into helms). Not very good gear, but then again, after garanak we could use some non-useful filler gear. Now this upcoming yule event, I've seen/gotten over 50 drops thus far, and have come across 2 rogue items (besides dagger, but every class gets a weapon, or so I've seen). 1 sneaky str attack brace (not bad) and 1 riposte ring (Umm.. What?). Not a very end game ring. You don't see very many lvl 200 rogues using riposte, let me tell you that much.

And the venom resist... Otm if shadowstrike is too strong, then just stinking decrease its damage 15% or make it a 20s cooldown or something! You don't need to nerf all dex rogues all together! Now for the next 3-5 months (5-7 months if you include the current event) shadowstrike, lifesteal, poison weapon, venom gara sets, and anything else venom is just a waste of time, making my favorite build type (dex) just a specialty build for training (im end game, I don't train), mordris, and hrungnir (2 bosses every 3 days, yippee).

I had always been under the impression that venom gear is supposed to be excessively rare gear that doesn't have a lure and isn't resisted, so is prime for bosses (not Necro of course). So i (and a huge number of rogues) tried to collect as much venom gear as possible so that we could be as useful as we can. Now the garanak sets we've gone for, spent many hours of camping, tons of gold/items/dkp points (depending on server) are becoming more and more worthless as the days go on.

I just really hope this isn't what they're doing... If you wanna nerf a skill then do it, or make the other classes skills stronger... Don't nerf a whole class at the same time as making other classes stronger, that just causes even more issues...

Anyways, let me know your thoughts on it if you want, I do get paranoid easily, but till then, can't wait till summer 2015....
Washed up Epona rogue that doesn't play
225 Rogue Toothpick
215 Warrior Anubis

Re: Rogues

The most recent beta patch today has granted the new obelisk boss 100% immunity to venom damage, (previously 75%) rendering all dex rogues useless for the second event in a row, and causing me to ask myself "is otm intentionally trying to subdue rogues based off of complaints on forums, or is this all just about boss variety for events?"

I could easily agree with the latter, but the spider boss easily fulfills that purpose, and I don't see the point in doing the same exact thing back to back, unless it's intentional. This event, venom damage is resisted about 75% and rogues get a qs ring and assasinate/qs and lifesteal/reflexes charms (not getting into helms). Not very good gear, but then again, after garanak we could use some non-useful filler gear. Now this upcoming yule event, I've seen/gotten over 50 drops thus far, and have come across 2 rogue items (besides dagger, but every class gets a weapon, or so I've seen). 1 sneaky str attack brace (not bad) and 1 riposte ring (Umm.. What?). Not a very end game ring. You don't see very many lvl 200 rogues using riposte, let me tell you that much.

And the venom resist... Otm if shadowstrike is too strong, then just stinking decrease its damage 15% or make it a 20s cooldown or something! You don't need to nerf all dex rogues all together! Now for the next 3-5 months (5-7 months if you include the current event) shadowstrike, lifesteal, poison weapon, venom gara sets, and anything else venom is just a waste of time, making my favorite build type (dex) just a specialty build for training (im end game, I don't train), mordris, and hrungnir (2 bosses every 3 days, yippee).

I had always been under the impression that venom gear is supposed to be excessively rare gear that doesn't have a lure and isn't resisted, so is prime for bosses (not Necro of course). So i (and a huge number of rogues) tried to collect as much venom gear as possible so that we could be as useful as we can. Now the garanak sets we've gone for, spent many hours of camping, tons of gold/items/dkp points (depending on server) are becoming more and more worthless as the days go on.

I just really hope this isn't what they're doing... If you wanna nerf a skill then do it, or make the other classes skills stronger... Don't nerf a whole class at the same time as making other classes stronger, that just causes even more issues...

Anyways, let me know your thoughts on it if you want, I do get paranoid easily, but till then, can't wait till summer 2015....
oh so they intentionally buffed the boss to be resistant to poison dmg...? great because i love not being able to heal myself off a boss that does constant aoe dmg...

So these new bosses are now completly resistent to poison dmg??
Biteri 224 rogue, Rosmerta, Reserverence.
Yes, I seem to be back again.

I cant say much for life steal and poison wep, and im totally against having full immunity to a type of dmg (from 0 resistance to full immunity, its a bit drastic) but i would keep shadowstrike maxed even when all these bosses resist poison, u prob kill much more snorris and srengs than other bosses and lock fight is important.
#NerfMages #AvoidBalance #WhyPlayARogue #MeatShieldOnly #HealingSlavesOnly

OP dps warrior on Belenus, hot af melee druid on Nuada. #Elementals #Apex

+1
Good idea otm, give the lower lvls a chance on locking instead of having a higher lvl rogue one hitting the lvl 50 event bosses. This makes sense to me.
Tanaris - Rogue - lvl211+ - Hamwallett "retired"
Rose - Druid - lvl1+ - MissBlack '"Main"

And not one person complains the fact that all rangers got in the Samhain event was long shot rings and some useless charms that break gara sets anyway.

The event boss is one boss that your poison damage won't be effective against. You still have aggy, mord, hrung as well as every single DL boss left to kill on a regular basis.
A mage at heart... Fire mage that is.
Currently actively playing the game.

And not one person complains the fact that all rangers got in the Samhain event was long shot rings and some useless charms that break gara sets anyway.

The event boss is one boss that your poison damage won't be effective against. You still have aggy, mord, hrung as well as every single DL boss left to kill on a regular basis.
That is so true, but thats because theres a very high population of rogues being the majority that u cant be surprised. The samhain event was worse to rangers than the yule will be for rogues.
#NerfMages #AvoidBalance #WhyPlayARogue #MeatShieldOnly #HealingSlavesOnly

OP dps warrior on Belenus, hot af melee druid on Nuada. #Elementals #Apex

So these new bosses are now completly resistent to poison dmg??
as of right now, yes
Washed up Epona rogue that doesn't play
225 Rogue Toothpick
215 Warrior Anubis