Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Help for a noob

I recently started working on my rogue character a bit more, because my clan needs some good dps. Most of my training is going to be solo, and for now I only have three hot slots with Bandage Wounds, Meditate, and Quick Strike. Most classes have an ideal stat ratio (i.e. for every one point put in my druids dex, I put two in str, and 4 in both vit and foc), and I was wondering what a good ratio is for a dps rogue. Also, as I may be purchasing the extra three hot slots at some point, which skills are essential (keeping in mind I'll save two slots for meditate and bandage), and how should I distribute the skill points?
Griesbachan, Level 76+ Druid
Inhabitant of the realm of Lugh
Proud Recruit of Clan Ancients

Once I get to level 80, get full Green Shadow Armor, and get myself an icon, I'd be interested in having an artisic rendering of my character for my sig. :D

Re: Help for a noob

For high dps, you need to put lots of points into str. And to solo well, you need high vit. Foc is no longer needed if you have heroic rejuv amulet and rejuv boldkin offhand. Dex is also no longer needed once you get all the warden gears with no dex requirement. Essential skills for rogue are hide, sneaky attack, quickstrike, rend, bandage wound and distract (for group fights only). I put zero point in dex and focus. All my points are eventually distributed between Str and Vit. If you want more health, put more points in Vit. I put 200 points in Str and the rest in Vit. At lower level, you have to put enough points in dex to wear the best ancient gears. U will need a rebirth once you get warden gears. Hope this help.

Name: SmellyUnder
Clan: Badabing
Class: Rogue
Level: 96
World: Arawn
I recently started working on my rogue character a bit more, because my clan needs some good dps. Most of my training is going to be solo, and for now I only have three hot slots with Bandage Wounds, Meditate, and Quick Strike. Most classes have an ideal stat ratio (i.e. for every one point put in my druids dex, I put two in str, and 4 in both vit and foc), and I was wondering what a good ratio is for a dps rogue. Also, as I may be purchasing the extra three hot slots at some point, which skills are essential (keeping in mind I'll save two slots for meditate and bandage), and how should I distribute the skill points?

I have Quickstrike, Rend and Poison Weapon. i also use Recuperate Meditate and Bandage Wounds. i guess if you have regen items you dont need Recuperate or Meditate. if thats the case then i dont know what else to use as i have not used any other skills. i dont know why, but i think that Hide is useless and Sneaky Attack is also. they are only useful when used together.

BTW: is Sneaky Attack powerful at higher levels? is it worh training and using? and also is Distract better or Hide for use with sneaky attack?
Smellyunder/over i look foward to seeing you in game.
Player name: Steve87
Class: Rogue
Server: LIR
Clan: Templar Order

Hide and sneaky attack are the most deadly combo for solo. For group fight, sneaky attack is great if you are not targeted. Awesome damage with sneaky attack. Distract is solely for group fight and cannot be used in solo fight. Poison weapon is not useful as the damage is not great and duration far too short.
I have Quickstrike, Rend and Poison Weapon. i also use Recuperate Meditate and Bandage Wounds. i guess if you have regen items you dont need Recuperate or Meditate. if thats the case then i dont know what else to use as i have not used any other skills. i dont know why, but i think that Hide is useless and Sneaky Attack is also. they are only useful when used together.

BTW: is Sneaky Attack powerful at higher levels? is it worh training and using? and also is Distract better or Hide for use with sneaky attack?
Smellyunder/over i look foward to seeing you in game.

What exactly do hide and distract do? And which would be more important in a group fight, and which more important while soloing?
Griesbachan, Level 76+ Druid
Inhabitant of the realm of Lugh
Proud Recruit of Clan Ancients

Once I get to level 80, get full Green Shadow Armor, and get myself an icon, I'd be interested in having an artisic rendering of my character for my sig. :D

What exactly do hide and distract do? And which would be more important in a group fight, and which more important while soloing?
Hide is basically like an invisibility potion except it's only 30 seconds. The more points you put into it, the higher levels you will be able to "hide" from.

Distract is a skill that when someone Is attacking you and you cast Distract, the enemy becomes more likely to attack someone else. It's basically the opposite of Taunt.
I approve this message.