Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Re: Dex or strengh build

Dex all the way, becuase your more likely to survive while lvling and shadowstrike is a rogues main dps skill (unless your taking necro of course :lol: ) plus in duels in very funny when all people so is dodge and dodge 8-)
The only things that matter are these; what a man can do, and what a man can't do
-Captain Jack Sparrow
Arawn Clan: Resurgence
MickyDee (Ice Mage lvl 221)
Rerun (lvl 154 rogue)

World: Crom (MickJagger lvl 216)

Wow. Alot of str there your better off having 400 str and 300 dex you'll hit alot harder with shadowstrike
8-) I also see youve invested in focus. You dont have any energy items? Frozen?
The only things that matter are these; what a man can do, and what a man can't do
-Captain Jack Sparrow
Arawn Clan: Resurgence
MickyDee (Ice Mage lvl 221)
Rerun (lvl 154 rogue)

World: Crom (MickJagger lvl 216)

Wow. Alot of str there your better off having 400 str and 300 dex you'll hit alot harder with shadowstrike
You're talking like shadowstrike is all that's important.

Lugh
[list][*]Vulture - Level 220 Rogue
[*]Venus - Level 195 Druid[/list][/color]

You're talking like shadowstrike is all that's important.
I found it was at low levels. Once you hit 130 or something qs dps starts to get better and ss is no longer so amazing.

Of course, it still can be that good at those levels. My clannies alt, 160 at the time although 175 now, uses a full ss build. Had like 1k dex at 160 and 48/50 ss. Hitting 3-4k on leveling mobs at 160. So clearly it can be that op but once you get to mid levels others skills are important too. Although ss is still number 1 for me until endgame :)
UrMerGurd level 151 rogue and counting!
Phe0nix level 65 mage
Proud member of Ascension Danu:)

SS is always the center of discussion at some point and yes it is useful, but only great if you feel that you can justify using it or it is proven to be effective with your build and style of play.

SS is great for these things:
Farming mobs for gold both on and off a mount
Training for those who invest points into it
Moving quickly toward a target
Locking 4* DL placeholders

SS in not so great on these things:
Mord
Necro
Most High Level/High Evade Bosses and Mobs

I know how cool SS was and still is for many people, it is the sexy beast Rogues were hoping for, but the reality is it is not a game changer on the bosses that matter and will not get you the kill by having it maxed. I would rather have max points invested elsewhere in skills that I know will help my clan overall like Smoke and Expose or with the skills that cannot be evaded and do more damage on contact.

Once the novelty of SS wore off and reality set in as a high level, the skill took a back seat to some of the skills I was taking points from before in order to max it to begin with. Long story short is if you are a heavy dex rogue or maybe even a hybrid then go for it, if a strength rogue I would allocated those points elsewhere and use SS for a little quick travel to the boss or farming for gold.
Homeworld: Gwydion
Clan: Relentless

SS is always the center of discussion at some point and yes it is useful, but only great if you feel that you can justify using it or it is proven to be effective with your build and style of play.

SS is great for these things:
Farming mobs for gold both on and off a mount
Training for those who invest points into it
Moving quickly toward a target
Locking 4* DL placeholders

SS in not so great on these things:
Mord
Necro
Most High Level/High Evade Bosses and Mobs

I know how cool SS was and still is for many people, it is the sexy beast Rogues were hoping for, but the reality is it is not a game changer on the bosses that matter and will not get you the kill by having it maxed. I would rather have max points invested elsewhere in skills that I know will help my clan overall like Smoke and Expose or with the skills that cannot be evaded and do more damage on contact.

Once the novelty of SS wore off and reality set in as a high level, the skill took a back seat to some of the skills I was taking points from before in order to max it to begin with. Long story short is if you are a heavy dex rogue or maybe even a hybrid then go for it, if a strength rogue I would allocated those points elsewhere and use SS for a little quick travel to the boss or farming for gold.
Nicely said! That's the reason why I run a str build instead of dex.
SULIS

CandyRanger
CandyRogue
and etc...

Clansman of Transcendent :D